ubuntu 17.10 -/boot/vmlinuz-4.13.0-37-generic not found

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I upgraded my Ubuntu from version 17.04 to 17.10 in a partioned machine. However after the upgrade, the Ubuntu booting option disappeared. I have run a boot repair following the following instructions:



https://www.howtogeek.com/114884/how-to-repair-grub2-when-ubuntu-wont-boot/



The boot repair works as Ubuntu is now available on the login options. However, when I try login into Ubuntu I keep getting the following error:



error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-4.13.0-37-generic' not found
Press any key to continue.



Does anyone know what could be the problem with the boot repair?










share|improve this question

















  • 1




    Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Apr 3 at 23:37














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I upgraded my Ubuntu from version 17.04 to 17.10 in a partioned machine. However after the upgrade, the Ubuntu booting option disappeared. I have run a boot repair following the following instructions:



https://www.howtogeek.com/114884/how-to-repair-grub2-when-ubuntu-wont-boot/



The boot repair works as Ubuntu is now available on the login options. However, when I try login into Ubuntu I keep getting the following error:



error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-4.13.0-37-generic' not found
Press any key to continue.



Does anyone know what could be the problem with the boot repair?










share|improve this question

















  • 1




    Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Apr 3 at 23:37












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I upgraded my Ubuntu from version 17.04 to 17.10 in a partioned machine. However after the upgrade, the Ubuntu booting option disappeared. I have run a boot repair following the following instructions:



https://www.howtogeek.com/114884/how-to-repair-grub2-when-ubuntu-wont-boot/



The boot repair works as Ubuntu is now available on the login options. However, when I try login into Ubuntu I keep getting the following error:



error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-4.13.0-37-generic' not found
Press any key to continue.



Does anyone know what could be the problem with the boot repair?










share|improve this question













I upgraded my Ubuntu from version 17.04 to 17.10 in a partioned machine. However after the upgrade, the Ubuntu booting option disappeared. I have run a boot repair following the following instructions:



https://www.howtogeek.com/114884/how-to-repair-grub2-when-ubuntu-wont-boot/



The boot repair works as Ubuntu is now available on the login options. However, when I try login into Ubuntu I keep getting the following error:



error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-4.13.0-37-generic' not found
Press any key to continue.



Does anyone know what could be the problem with the boot repair?







boot grub2 kernel






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 3 at 12:29









Snyawira

1




1







  • 1




    Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Apr 3 at 23:37












  • 1




    Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Apr 3 at 23:37







1




1




Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Apr 3 at 23:37




Does grub have an Advance Options Menu where you can select an older kernel version to boot with?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Apr 3 at 23:37















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1021599%2fubuntu-17-10-boot-vmlinuz-4-13-0-37-generic-not-found%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1021599%2fubuntu-17-10-boot-vmlinuz-4-13-0-37-generic-not-found%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error