Direct copy and paste between host and guest machines?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I wanted to enable copying and pasting between my host and guest machines, so I installed VirtualBox Guest Additions. As a result, I became able to copy and paste text, but still unable to share files.

According to this answer, one solution is to:



  1. install VirtualBox Extension Pack

  2. Establish a shared folder between both machines

This is not effective for me and I am trying to find a way for directly copying and pasting files between host and guest machines, either with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or by dragging and dropping. Could anyone help me?










share|improve this question





















  • Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 4:20










  • what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
    – Ahmed Hussein
    Apr 1 at 4:21










  • See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
    – sudodus
    Apr 1 at 8:49















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I wanted to enable copying and pasting between my host and guest machines, so I installed VirtualBox Guest Additions. As a result, I became able to copy and paste text, but still unable to share files.

According to this answer, one solution is to:



  1. install VirtualBox Extension Pack

  2. Establish a shared folder between both machines

This is not effective for me and I am trying to find a way for directly copying and pasting files between host and guest machines, either with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or by dragging and dropping. Could anyone help me?










share|improve this question





















  • Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 4:20










  • what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
    – Ahmed Hussein
    Apr 1 at 4:21










  • See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
    – sudodus
    Apr 1 at 8:49













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I wanted to enable copying and pasting between my host and guest machines, so I installed VirtualBox Guest Additions. As a result, I became able to copy and paste text, but still unable to share files.

According to this answer, one solution is to:



  1. install VirtualBox Extension Pack

  2. Establish a shared folder between both machines

This is not effective for me and I am trying to find a way for directly copying and pasting files between host and guest machines, either with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or by dragging and dropping. Could anyone help me?










share|improve this question













I wanted to enable copying and pasting between my host and guest machines, so I installed VirtualBox Guest Additions. As a result, I became able to copy and paste text, but still unable to share files.

According to this answer, one solution is to:



  1. install VirtualBox Extension Pack

  2. Establish a shared folder between both machines

This is not effective for me and I am trying to find a way for directly copying and pasting files between host and guest machines, either with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V or by dragging and dropping. Could anyone help me?







virtualbox guest-additions






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 1 at 4:16









Ahmed Hussein

64




64











  • Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 4:20










  • what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
    – Ahmed Hussein
    Apr 1 at 4:21










  • See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
    – sudodus
    Apr 1 at 8:49

















  • Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 4:20










  • what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
    – Ahmed Hussein
    Apr 1 at 4:21










  • See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
    – sudodus
    Apr 1 at 8:49
















Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
– Eliah Kagan
Apr 1 at 4:20




Related: Virtualbox Drag N Drop isn't working I'm not sure how current those answers are, though.
– Eliah Kagan
Apr 1 at 4:20












what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
– Ahmed Hussein
Apr 1 at 4:21




what about Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ?
– Ahmed Hussein
Apr 1 at 4:21












See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
– sudodus
Apr 1 at 8:49





See also this link: File disappeared dragging it from Windows host to Ubuntu guest in VirtualBox. I am not sure that there is a mechanism for sharing files this way. It may be best to establish a shared folder between both machines, even though you would like something simpler.
– sudodus
Apr 1 at 8:49
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020983%2fdirect-copy-and-paste-between-host-and-guest-machines%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020983%2fdirect-copy-and-paste-between-host-and-guest-machines%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error