MySQL Remote Connection - What i am missing?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am experiencing some difficulties to configure MySQL Server and allow remote connections. I am currently using Ubuntu Server 16.04 and the latest MySQL version.



This is the error Workbench throws me when I try to connect:



enter image description here



I have been following and reading tutorials to configure it at this point. So, the relevant things i have done for this are:



  1. Install the latest version of MySQL



  2. Create a user granting full privileges for local and outsiders.



    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'localhost';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'%';



  3. I modified the MySQL configuration file /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf using nano. The change i made was replacing this:



    bind-address = 127.0.0.1


    For this:



    bind-address = 0.0.0.0


    To allow remote connections.




  4. Using UFW I am allowing the port 3306 and 3306/tcp. Using the command sudo ufw status I am getting this (i am showing only the relevant):



    3306 (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
    3306/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


Which as far I know is all I need to connect remotely right?



The way I am connecting:



enter image description here



MySQL users:



enter image description here










share|improve this question























  • Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
    – Kaba
    Apr 2 at 22:47















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am experiencing some difficulties to configure MySQL Server and allow remote connections. I am currently using Ubuntu Server 16.04 and the latest MySQL version.



This is the error Workbench throws me when I try to connect:



enter image description here



I have been following and reading tutorials to configure it at this point. So, the relevant things i have done for this are:



  1. Install the latest version of MySQL



  2. Create a user granting full privileges for local and outsiders.



    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'localhost';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'%';



  3. I modified the MySQL configuration file /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf using nano. The change i made was replacing this:



    bind-address = 127.0.0.1


    For this:



    bind-address = 0.0.0.0


    To allow remote connections.




  4. Using UFW I am allowing the port 3306 and 3306/tcp. Using the command sudo ufw status I am getting this (i am showing only the relevant):



    3306 (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
    3306/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


Which as far I know is all I need to connect remotely right?



The way I am connecting:



enter image description here



MySQL users:



enter image description here










share|improve this question























  • Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
    – Kaba
    Apr 2 at 22:47













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I am experiencing some difficulties to configure MySQL Server and allow remote connections. I am currently using Ubuntu Server 16.04 and the latest MySQL version.



This is the error Workbench throws me when I try to connect:



enter image description here



I have been following and reading tutorials to configure it at this point. So, the relevant things i have done for this are:



  1. Install the latest version of MySQL



  2. Create a user granting full privileges for local and outsiders.



    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'localhost';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'%';



  3. I modified the MySQL configuration file /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf using nano. The change i made was replacing this:



    bind-address = 127.0.0.1


    For this:



    bind-address = 0.0.0.0


    To allow remote connections.




  4. Using UFW I am allowing the port 3306 and 3306/tcp. Using the command sudo ufw status I am getting this (i am showing only the relevant):



    3306 (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
    3306/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


Which as far I know is all I need to connect remotely right?



The way I am connecting:



enter image description here



MySQL users:



enter image description here










share|improve this question















I am experiencing some difficulties to configure MySQL Server and allow remote connections. I am currently using Ubuntu Server 16.04 and the latest MySQL version.



This is the error Workbench throws me when I try to connect:



enter image description here



I have been following and reading tutorials to configure it at this point. So, the relevant things i have done for this are:



  1. Install the latest version of MySQL



  2. Create a user granting full privileges for local and outsiders.



    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    CREATE USER 'myuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypass';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'localhost';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'myuser'@'%';



  3. I modified the MySQL configuration file /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf using nano. The change i made was replacing this:



    bind-address = 127.0.0.1


    For this:



    bind-address = 0.0.0.0


    To allow remote connections.




  4. Using UFW I am allowing the port 3306 and 3306/tcp. Using the command sudo ufw status I am getting this (i am showing only the relevant):



    3306 (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
    3306/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)


Which as far I know is all I need to connect remotely right?



The way I am connecting:



enter image description here



MySQL users:



enter image description here







server mysql iptables ufw mysql-workbench






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 3 at 3:21









Karl Richter

2,26573361




2,26573361










asked Apr 2 at 22:44









Kaba

1




1











  • Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
    – Kaba
    Apr 2 at 22:47

















  • Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
    – Kaba
    Apr 2 at 22:47
















Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
– Kaba
Apr 2 at 22:47





Oh, one more thing, inside the mysqlid.cnf there was suppose to be a line like this: "skip-networking" ... I was suppose to comment it or remove it, but i did not saw any line like that.
– Kaba
Apr 2 at 22:47
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1021451%2fmysql-remote-connection-what-i-am-missing%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1021451%2fmysql-remote-connection-what-i-am-missing%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error