Conky Variable Configuration Settings? (for graphs)

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Is it possible to alternate configuration settings in a single conky coniguration file?



The problem I have is that I want visible scales on some graphs, but not all. This involves the show_graph_scale, which can be set to either 'yes' or 'no'.



Currently I run multiple instances of conky to achieve what I want, but conditional lines (e.g. if_running) cause them to overlap in some situations. Not exactly a perfect fix.










share|improve this question





















  • Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Mar 31 at 16:47










  • Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
    – zaruvi
    Mar 31 at 20:02














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Is it possible to alternate configuration settings in a single conky coniguration file?



The problem I have is that I want visible scales on some graphs, but not all. This involves the show_graph_scale, which can be set to either 'yes' or 'no'.



Currently I run multiple instances of conky to achieve what I want, but conditional lines (e.g. if_running) cause them to overlap in some situations. Not exactly a perfect fix.










share|improve this question





















  • Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Mar 31 at 16:47










  • Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
    – zaruvi
    Mar 31 at 20:02












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Is it possible to alternate configuration settings in a single conky coniguration file?



The problem I have is that I want visible scales on some graphs, but not all. This involves the show_graph_scale, which can be set to either 'yes' or 'no'.



Currently I run multiple instances of conky to achieve what I want, but conditional lines (e.g. if_running) cause them to overlap in some situations. Not exactly a perfect fix.










share|improve this question













Is it possible to alternate configuration settings in a single conky coniguration file?



The problem I have is that I want visible scales on some graphs, but not all. This involves the show_graph_scale, which can be set to either 'yes' or 'no'.



Currently I run multiple instances of conky to achieve what I want, but conditional lines (e.g. if_running) cause them to overlap in some situations. Not exactly a perfect fix.







configuration settings conky






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 31 at 16:13









zaruvi

479




479











  • Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Mar 31 at 16:47










  • Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
    – zaruvi
    Mar 31 at 20:02
















  • Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Mar 31 at 16:47










  • Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
    – zaruvi
    Mar 31 at 20:02















Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Mar 31 at 16:47




Can you provide conky version? conky --version | head -n1
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Mar 31 at 16:47












Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
– zaruvi
Mar 31 at 20:02




Conky 1.9.0 compiled Wed Feb 19 18:44:57 UTC 2014 for Linux 3.2.0-37-generic (x86_64). Is it possible for newer versions? I looked over the documentation and didn't find anything.
– zaruvi
Mar 31 at 20:02















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020869%2fconky-variable-configuration-settings-for-graphs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020869%2fconky-variable-configuration-settings-for-graphs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error