Wine command not found after building it

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I've just installed Wine 3.5 which released recently, configured the CMake files, compiled it, and installed. Commands used were:



cd Desktop/wine-3.5
./configure --enable-win64 --without-freetype
make
sudo make install


However, when I try to run Wine, it says it couldn't be found. I looked into /usr/bin and it wasn't there. I tried installing it again, and it didn't work. Any thoughts in the matter?










share|improve this question























  • Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
    – steeldriver
    Apr 1 at 2:49










  • Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
    – Ace
    Apr 1 at 2:58










  • Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
    – ravery
    Apr 1 at 3:30










  • @Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 3:45














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I've just installed Wine 3.5 which released recently, configured the CMake files, compiled it, and installed. Commands used were:



cd Desktop/wine-3.5
./configure --enable-win64 --without-freetype
make
sudo make install


However, when I try to run Wine, it says it couldn't be found. I looked into /usr/bin and it wasn't there. I tried installing it again, and it didn't work. Any thoughts in the matter?










share|improve this question























  • Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
    – steeldriver
    Apr 1 at 2:49










  • Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
    – Ace
    Apr 1 at 2:58










  • Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
    – ravery
    Apr 1 at 3:30










  • @Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 3:45












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I've just installed Wine 3.5 which released recently, configured the CMake files, compiled it, and installed. Commands used were:



cd Desktop/wine-3.5
./configure --enable-win64 --without-freetype
make
sudo make install


However, when I try to run Wine, it says it couldn't be found. I looked into /usr/bin and it wasn't there. I tried installing it again, and it didn't work. Any thoughts in the matter?










share|improve this question















I've just installed Wine 3.5 which released recently, configured the CMake files, compiled it, and installed. Commands used were:



cd Desktop/wine-3.5
./configure --enable-win64 --without-freetype
make
sudo make install


However, when I try to run Wine, it says it couldn't be found. I looked into /usr/bin and it wasn't there. I tried installing it again, and it didn't work. Any thoughts in the matter?







software-installation wine compiling






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 1 at 3:46









Eliah Kagan

79.6k20221359




79.6k20221359










asked Apr 1 at 2:33









Ace

61




61











  • Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
    – steeldriver
    Apr 1 at 2:49










  • Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
    – Ace
    Apr 1 at 2:58










  • Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
    – ravery
    Apr 1 at 3:30










  • @Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 3:45
















  • Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
    – steeldriver
    Apr 1 at 2:49










  • Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
    – Ace
    Apr 1 at 2:58










  • Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
    – ravery
    Apr 1 at 3:30










  • @Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
    – Eliah Kagan
    Apr 1 at 3:45















Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
– steeldriver
Apr 1 at 2:49




Did you look in /usr/local/bin?
– steeldriver
Apr 1 at 2:49












Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
– Ace
Apr 1 at 2:58




Ah. Seems like wine alone is the 32 bit application. I have to type wine64. Thanks.
– Ace
Apr 1 at 2:58












Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
– ravery
Apr 1 at 3:30




Yes, wine is for 32-bit prefixes/applications and wine64 is for 64-bit prefixes/applications. Since the compatibility rate is higher on 32-bit applications, I would recommend that you also build wine.
– ravery
Apr 1 at 3:30












@Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
– Eliah Kagan
Apr 1 at 3:45




@Ace It seems you found the answer--that you only compiled the 64-bit version of Wine, and the command for that is wine64. So I recommend posting your own answer.
– Eliah Kagan
Apr 1 at 3:45















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020973%2fwine-command-not-found-after-building-it%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1020973%2fwine-command-not-found-after-building-it%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error