VNC notification not works on Ubuntu 16.04, Gnome Classic

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have Ubuntu 16.04 and run default VNC server Vino. One difference from usual workstation - I am using Gnome classic desktop.



VNC connection works fine, though I not see any notification when somebody connects to my workstation and when it disconnects. As I see from



vino-preferences


Show notification area icon section says notification should be shown if anybody connects, but this not happen or I just do not know how to see notification



enter image description here



I would like to get some control on external connections, be able to see if anybody connected and drop connection on my will. Please help.



I still able to know somebody tries to access my workstation with You must confirm each access ... flag. On external connection attempt it brings popup, then if I confirm it is connected, though I not see when external user disconnects.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have Ubuntu 16.04 and run default VNC server Vino. One difference from usual workstation - I am using Gnome classic desktop.



    VNC connection works fine, though I not see any notification when somebody connects to my workstation and when it disconnects. As I see from



    vino-preferences


    Show notification area icon section says notification should be shown if anybody connects, but this not happen or I just do not know how to see notification



    enter image description here



    I would like to get some control on external connections, be able to see if anybody connected and drop connection on my will. Please help.



    I still able to know somebody tries to access my workstation with You must confirm each access ... flag. On external connection attempt it brings popup, then if I confirm it is connected, though I not see when external user disconnects.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have Ubuntu 16.04 and run default VNC server Vino. One difference from usual workstation - I am using Gnome classic desktop.



      VNC connection works fine, though I not see any notification when somebody connects to my workstation and when it disconnects. As I see from



      vino-preferences


      Show notification area icon section says notification should be shown if anybody connects, but this not happen or I just do not know how to see notification



      enter image description here



      I would like to get some control on external connections, be able to see if anybody connected and drop connection on my will. Please help.



      I still able to know somebody tries to access my workstation with You must confirm each access ... flag. On external connection attempt it brings popup, then if I confirm it is connected, though I not see when external user disconnects.







      share|improve this question












      I have Ubuntu 16.04 and run default VNC server Vino. One difference from usual workstation - I am using Gnome classic desktop.



      VNC connection works fine, though I not see any notification when somebody connects to my workstation and when it disconnects. As I see from



      vino-preferences


      Show notification area icon section says notification should be shown if anybody connects, but this not happen or I just do not know how to see notification



      enter image description here



      I would like to get some control on external connections, be able to see if anybody connected and drop connection on my will. Please help.



      I still able to know somebody tries to access my workstation with You must confirm each access ... flag. On external connection attempt it brings popup, then if I confirm it is connected, though I not see when external user disconnects.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 26 at 6:54









      Pavlo

      1064




      1064

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028293%2fvnc-notification-not-works-on-ubuntu-16-04-gnome-classic%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028293%2fvnc-notification-not-works-on-ubuntu-16-04-gnome-classic%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error