Dell Optiplex 9010 with Netgear a6100 on 16.04— issues installing wifi driver--please help

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I followed these instructions
https://marcnu.github.io/2016-09-10/How-to-install-Netgear-A6100-USB-Wifi-adapter-on-Ubuntu-16.04/
to install (from a usb drive) my netgear a6100 drivers on my Dell Optiplex 9010 on 16.04.4... and the drivers installed fine, when I did make-install and all that but obviously the rt-l8812au or whatever module isn't right for my hardware setup. I was wondering how I could get my Netgear a6100 wifi dongle working on my new Computer... thanks.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I followed these instructions
    https://marcnu.github.io/2016-09-10/How-to-install-Netgear-A6100-USB-Wifi-adapter-on-Ubuntu-16.04/
    to install (from a usb drive) my netgear a6100 drivers on my Dell Optiplex 9010 on 16.04.4... and the drivers installed fine, when I did make-install and all that but obviously the rt-l8812au or whatever module isn't right for my hardware setup. I was wondering how I could get my Netgear a6100 wifi dongle working on my new Computer... thanks.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I followed these instructions
      https://marcnu.github.io/2016-09-10/How-to-install-Netgear-A6100-USB-Wifi-adapter-on-Ubuntu-16.04/
      to install (from a usb drive) my netgear a6100 drivers on my Dell Optiplex 9010 on 16.04.4... and the drivers installed fine, when I did make-install and all that but obviously the rt-l8812au or whatever module isn't right for my hardware setup. I was wondering how I could get my Netgear a6100 wifi dongle working on my new Computer... thanks.







      share|improve this question














      I followed these instructions
      https://marcnu.github.io/2016-09-10/How-to-install-Netgear-A6100-USB-Wifi-adapter-on-Ubuntu-16.04/
      to install (from a usb drive) my netgear a6100 drivers on my Dell Optiplex 9010 on 16.04.4... and the drivers installed fine, when I did make-install and all that but obviously the rt-l8812au or whatever module isn't right for my hardware setup. I was wondering how I could get my Netgear a6100 wifi dongle working on my new Computer... thanks.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 25 at 7:12

























      asked Apr 25 at 6:06









      Robert Sederholm

      146313




      146313

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028010%2fdell-optiplex-9010-with-netgear-a6100-on-16-04-issues-installing-wifi-driver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028010%2fdell-optiplex-9010-with-netgear-a6100-on-16-04-issues-installing-wifi-driver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error