How to save apps from non-booting ubuntu?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












The story is: I had a dual-booting OS (Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10) I placed an M2 SSD and since then Windows instantly dropped blut-death i couldn't fix it (tried many things). Finally I deleted its partitions and accidently GRUB boot partition too. Since than i stuck at UEFI boot manager screen whether i choose 'ubuntu' or 'xyz hdd' i can't log in. I tried boot-repair and chroot+grub repair, but wasn't successful. Now i only want to save my apps list, virtual envs. Then i save my data from the hdd and format everything to start from the beginning with clean installs.
How could i do that via chroot eg.?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    The story is: I had a dual-booting OS (Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10) I placed an M2 SSD and since then Windows instantly dropped blut-death i couldn't fix it (tried many things). Finally I deleted its partitions and accidently GRUB boot partition too. Since than i stuck at UEFI boot manager screen whether i choose 'ubuntu' or 'xyz hdd' i can't log in. I tried boot-repair and chroot+grub repair, but wasn't successful. Now i only want to save my apps list, virtual envs. Then i save my data from the hdd and format everything to start from the beginning with clean installs.
    How could i do that via chroot eg.?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      The story is: I had a dual-booting OS (Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10) I placed an M2 SSD and since then Windows instantly dropped blut-death i couldn't fix it (tried many things). Finally I deleted its partitions and accidently GRUB boot partition too. Since than i stuck at UEFI boot manager screen whether i choose 'ubuntu' or 'xyz hdd' i can't log in. I tried boot-repair and chroot+grub repair, but wasn't successful. Now i only want to save my apps list, virtual envs. Then i save my data from the hdd and format everything to start from the beginning with clean installs.
      How could i do that via chroot eg.?







      share|improve this question












      The story is: I had a dual-booting OS (Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10) I placed an M2 SSD and since then Windows instantly dropped blut-death i couldn't fix it (tried many things). Finally I deleted its partitions and accidently GRUB boot partition too. Since than i stuck at UEFI boot manager screen whether i choose 'ubuntu' or 'xyz hdd' i can't log in. I tried boot-repair and chroot+grub repair, but wasn't successful. Now i only want to save my apps list, virtual envs. Then i save my data from the hdd and format everything to start from the beginning with clean installs.
      How could i do that via chroot eg.?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 25 at 6:24









      takacsg

      12




      12

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028016%2fhow-to-save-apps-from-non-booting-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028016%2fhow-to-save-apps-from-non-booting-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error