How can I get the source code to gnome-system-monitor and use it in my application?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
3
down vote

favorite
1












I want to create a system monitor quite similar to gnome-system-monitor in ubuntu using python.



I have used quickly application for the GUI and now i want to show the cpu history as shown by the system monitor , I want to know where I can get the source code to the system monitor and how to use it in my application.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    3
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    I want to create a system monitor quite similar to gnome-system-monitor in ubuntu using python.



    I have used quickly application for the GUI and now i want to show the cpu history as shown by the system monitor , I want to know where I can get the source code to the system monitor and how to use it in my application.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      I want to create a system monitor quite similar to gnome-system-monitor in ubuntu using python.



      I have used quickly application for the GUI and now i want to show the cpu history as shown by the system monitor , I want to know where I can get the source code to the system monitor and how to use it in my application.







      share|improve this question














      I want to create a system monitor quite similar to gnome-system-monitor in ubuntu using python.



      I have used quickly application for the GUI and now i want to show the cpu history as shown by the system monitor , I want to know where I can get the source code to the system monitor and how to use it in my application.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 26 '12 at 17:04









      Jorge Castro

      34.5k104421614




      34.5k104421614










      asked Apr 26 '12 at 16:58









      Vivek Kumar Singh

      161




      161




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          5
          down vote













          The source code for the System Monitor can be acquired by opening a terminal and entering:



          apt-get source gnome-system-monitor


          Unfortunately it is written in C. You cannot extend it with Python and Quickly.






          share|improve this answer





























            up vote
            1
            down vote













            A good reference for that would be the CPUMeter screenlet. You'd have to handle saving the data though.



            sudo apt-get install screenlets-pack-all



            On my system it's located here:
            /usr/share/screenlets/screenlets-pack-all/CPUMeter/CPUMeterScreenlet.py



            Tested on 12.04






            share|improve this answer




















              Your Answer







              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "89"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              convertImagesToLinks: true,
              noModals: false,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: 10,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













               

              draft saved


              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f125468%2fhow-can-i-get-the-source-code-to-gnome-system-monitor-and-use-it-in-my-applicati%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest






























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes








              up vote
              5
              down vote













              The source code for the System Monitor can be acquired by opening a terminal and entering:



              apt-get source gnome-system-monitor


              Unfortunately it is written in C. You cannot extend it with Python and Quickly.






              share|improve this answer


























                up vote
                5
                down vote













                The source code for the System Monitor can be acquired by opening a terminal and entering:



                apt-get source gnome-system-monitor


                Unfortunately it is written in C. You cannot extend it with Python and Quickly.






                share|improve this answer
























                  up vote
                  5
                  down vote










                  up vote
                  5
                  down vote









                  The source code for the System Monitor can be acquired by opening a terminal and entering:



                  apt-get source gnome-system-monitor


                  Unfortunately it is written in C. You cannot extend it with Python and Quickly.






                  share|improve this answer














                  The source code for the System Monitor can be acquired by opening a terminal and entering:



                  apt-get source gnome-system-monitor


                  Unfortunately it is written in C. You cannot extend it with Python and Quickly.







                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited Apr 26 '12 at 17:04









                  Jorge Castro

                  34.5k104421614




                  34.5k104421614










                  answered Apr 26 '12 at 17:03









                  Jjed

                  10.5k65789




                  10.5k65789






















                      up vote
                      1
                      down vote













                      A good reference for that would be the CPUMeter screenlet. You'd have to handle saving the data though.



                      sudo apt-get install screenlets-pack-all



                      On my system it's located here:
                      /usr/share/screenlets/screenlets-pack-all/CPUMeter/CPUMeterScreenlet.py



                      Tested on 12.04






                      share|improve this answer
























                        up vote
                        1
                        down vote













                        A good reference for that would be the CPUMeter screenlet. You'd have to handle saving the data though.



                        sudo apt-get install screenlets-pack-all



                        On my system it's located here:
                        /usr/share/screenlets/screenlets-pack-all/CPUMeter/CPUMeterScreenlet.py



                        Tested on 12.04






                        share|improve this answer






















                          up vote
                          1
                          down vote










                          up vote
                          1
                          down vote









                          A good reference for that would be the CPUMeter screenlet. You'd have to handle saving the data though.



                          sudo apt-get install screenlets-pack-all



                          On my system it's located here:
                          /usr/share/screenlets/screenlets-pack-all/CPUMeter/CPUMeterScreenlet.py



                          Tested on 12.04






                          share|improve this answer












                          A good reference for that would be the CPUMeter screenlet. You'd have to handle saving the data though.



                          sudo apt-get install screenlets-pack-all



                          On my system it's located here:
                          /usr/share/screenlets/screenlets-pack-all/CPUMeter/CPUMeterScreenlet.py



                          Tested on 12.04







                          share|improve this answer












                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer










                          answered Apr 26 '12 at 17:06









                          RobotHumans

                          22.3k359102




                          22.3k359102



























                               

                              draft saved


                              draft discarded















































                               


                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f125468%2fhow-can-i-get-the-source-code-to-gnome-system-monitor-and-use-it-in-my-applicati%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest













































































                              Popular posts from this blog

                              Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                              How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                              Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error