How to make every screen has his own desktop [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1













This question already has an answer here:



  • Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces?

    4 answers



Currently i have 2 screens and i've activated the workspaces feature. When I switch to another workspace, the 2 screens switch the workspace and this isn't the behavior I want.



I want a Mac like workspace support where only the screen I focus switch the workspace.



How can I do this ?







share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by Fabby, user117103, Eric Carvalho, Jacob Vlijm, karel Apr 25 at 22:41


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
    – Graham
    Apr 25 at 14:33










  • No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
    – Kpone
    Apr 30 at 9:06














up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1













This question already has an answer here:



  • Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces?

    4 answers



Currently i have 2 screens and i've activated the workspaces feature. When I switch to another workspace, the 2 screens switch the workspace and this isn't the behavior I want.



I want a Mac like workspace support where only the screen I focus switch the workspace.



How can I do this ?







share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by Fabby, user117103, Eric Carvalho, Jacob Vlijm, karel Apr 25 at 22:41


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
    – Graham
    Apr 25 at 14:33










  • No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
    – Kpone
    Apr 30 at 9:06












up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1






1






This question already has an answer here:



  • Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces?

    4 answers



Currently i have 2 screens and i've activated the workspaces feature. When I switch to another workspace, the 2 screens switch the workspace and this isn't the behavior I want.



I want a Mac like workspace support where only the screen I focus switch the workspace.



How can I do this ?







share|improve this question















This question already has an answer here:



  • Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces?

    4 answers



Currently i have 2 screens and i've activated the workspaces feature. When I switch to another workspace, the 2 screens switch the workspace and this isn't the behavior I want.



I want a Mac like workspace support where only the screen I focus switch the workspace.



How can I do this ?





This question already has an answer here:



  • Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces?

    4 answers









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 25 at 21:20









José Castillo Lema

171110




171110










asked Apr 25 at 14:28









Kpone

63




63




marked as duplicate by Fabby, user117103, Eric Carvalho, Jacob Vlijm, karel Apr 25 at 22:41


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by Fabby, user117103, Eric Carvalho, Jacob Vlijm, karel Apr 25 at 22:41


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.









  • 1




    Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
    – Graham
    Apr 25 at 14:33










  • No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
    – Kpone
    Apr 30 at 9:06












  • 1




    Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
    – Graham
    Apr 25 at 14:33










  • No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
    – Kpone
    Apr 30 at 9:06







1




1




Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
– Graham
Apr 25 at 14:33




Have you looked at this thread? askubuntu.com/questions/21711/…
– Graham
Apr 25 at 14:33












No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
– Kpone
Apr 30 at 9:06




No i didn't found this thread, i'm going to read it. I only found on the web solutions to use the trackpad like mac to change workspace
– Kpone
Apr 30 at 9:06










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













In Unity you can right click in the window you want to "pin" and select "Always on visible workspace".



In Gnome, using gnome-tweak-tool, in the Workspaces tab you can choose to activate "Workspaces on primary display only".






share|improve this answer






















  • In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 12 at 17:14










  • In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 18 at 16:40

















1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
1
down vote













In Unity you can right click in the window you want to "pin" and select "Always on visible workspace".



In Gnome, using gnome-tweak-tool, in the Workspaces tab you can choose to activate "Workspaces on primary display only".






share|improve this answer






















  • In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 12 at 17:14










  • In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 18 at 16:40














up vote
1
down vote













In Unity you can right click in the window you want to "pin" and select "Always on visible workspace".



In Gnome, using gnome-tweak-tool, in the Workspaces tab you can choose to activate "Workspaces on primary display only".






share|improve this answer






















  • In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 12 at 17:14










  • In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 18 at 16:40












up vote
1
down vote










up vote
1
down vote









In Unity you can right click in the window you want to "pin" and select "Always on visible workspace".



In Gnome, using gnome-tweak-tool, in the Workspaces tab you can choose to activate "Workspaces on primary display only".






share|improve this answer














In Unity you can right click in the window you want to "pin" and select "Always on visible workspace".



In Gnome, using gnome-tweak-tool, in the Workspaces tab you can choose to activate "Workspaces on primary display only".







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited May 12 at 17:10

























answered Apr 25 at 16:18









José Castillo Lema

171110




171110











  • In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 12 at 17:14










  • In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 18 at 16:40
















  • In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 12 at 17:14










  • In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
    – José Castillo Lema
    May 18 at 16:40















In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
– José Castillo Lema
May 12 at 17:14




In KDE: Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.
– José Castillo Lema
May 12 at 17:14












In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
– José Castillo Lema
May 18 at 16:40




In my opinion the question Multiple monitors, multiple workspaces? is slightly different and is not exactly what @kpone is asking.
– José Castillo Lema
May 18 at 16:40


Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error