I uninstalled wine thinking the Windows apps would go with it but they didn't and now they are stuck on my PC! [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • Unable to uninstall Wine apps

    2 answers



I uninstalled wine thinking the Windows apps I'd installed would uninstall with it but they didn't and now they're stuck on the PC.



I tried installing wine again but now they don't show in the add/remove program tab. I should mention that one of the games I installed, Far Cry 2 (which did not work at all) gave me an error when I tried to uninstall it. That was the reason for uninstalling wine in the first place, as I thought it would remove the game with it.



Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)







share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by pomsky, Zanna, Eliah Kagan, karel, ubfan1 Apr 24 at 15:22


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.














  • Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
    – torrex112
    Apr 24 at 13:57














up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • Unable to uninstall Wine apps

    2 answers



I uninstalled wine thinking the Windows apps I'd installed would uninstall with it but they didn't and now they're stuck on the PC.



I tried installing wine again but now they don't show in the add/remove program tab. I should mention that one of the games I installed, Far Cry 2 (which did not work at all) gave me an error when I tried to uninstall it. That was the reason for uninstalling wine in the first place, as I thought it would remove the game with it.



Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)







share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by pomsky, Zanna, Eliah Kagan, karel, ubfan1 Apr 24 at 15:22


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.














  • Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
    – torrex112
    Apr 24 at 13:57












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite












This question already has an answer here:



  • Unable to uninstall Wine apps

    2 answers



I uninstalled wine thinking the Windows apps I'd installed would uninstall with it but they didn't and now they're stuck on the PC.



I tried installing wine again but now they don't show in the add/remove program tab. I should mention that one of the games I installed, Far Cry 2 (which did not work at all) gave me an error when I tried to uninstall it. That was the reason for uninstalling wine in the first place, as I thought it would remove the game with it.



Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)







share|improve this question















This question already has an answer here:



  • Unable to uninstall Wine apps

    2 answers



I uninstalled wine thinking the Windows apps I'd installed would uninstall with it but they didn't and now they're stuck on the PC.



I tried installing wine again but now they don't show in the add/remove program tab. I should mention that one of the games I installed, Far Cry 2 (which did not work at all) gave me an error when I tried to uninstall it. That was the reason for uninstalling wine in the first place, as I thought it would remove the game with it.



Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)





This question already has an answer here:



  • Unable to uninstall Wine apps

    2 answers









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 24 at 14:45









Zanna

48k13119227




48k13119227










asked Apr 24 at 13:19









torrex112

52




52




marked as duplicate by pomsky, Zanna, Eliah Kagan, karel, ubfan1 Apr 24 at 15:22


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by pomsky, Zanna, Eliah Kagan, karel, ubfan1 Apr 24 at 15:22


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.













  • Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
    – torrex112
    Apr 24 at 13:57
















  • Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
    – torrex112
    Apr 24 at 13:57















Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
– torrex112
Apr 24 at 13:57




Too anyone else who has this issue I found my solution here: askubuntu.com/questions/5724/unable-to-uninstall-wine-apps ...hope this helps.
– torrex112
Apr 24 at 13:57










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













The only way I can think of is to delete the ~/.wine folder from your system. You can do that with:



rm -rf ~/.wine


but be sure to make a back up, as the rm command can be dangerous.






share|improve this answer




















  • rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
    – L. D. James
    Apr 24 at 14:48

















1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
0
down vote













The only way I can think of is to delete the ~/.wine folder from your system. You can do that with:



rm -rf ~/.wine


but be sure to make a back up, as the rm command can be dangerous.






share|improve this answer




















  • rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
    – L. D. James
    Apr 24 at 14:48














up vote
0
down vote













The only way I can think of is to delete the ~/.wine folder from your system. You can do that with:



rm -rf ~/.wine


but be sure to make a back up, as the rm command can be dangerous.






share|improve this answer




















  • rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
    – L. D. James
    Apr 24 at 14:48












up vote
0
down vote










up vote
0
down vote









The only way I can think of is to delete the ~/.wine folder from your system. You can do that with:



rm -rf ~/.wine


but be sure to make a back up, as the rm command can be dangerous.






share|improve this answer












The only way I can think of is to delete the ~/.wine folder from your system. You can do that with:



rm -rf ~/.wine


but be sure to make a back up, as the rm command can be dangerous.







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Apr 24 at 13:58









NerdOfLinux

1,499830




1,499830











  • rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
    – L. D. James
    Apr 24 at 14:48
















  • rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
    – L. D. James
    Apr 24 at 14:48















rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
– L. D. James
Apr 24 at 14:48




rm is a little safer without the -f argument. Of course the -f can save a lot of time when you're sure of the action.
– L. D. James
Apr 24 at 14:48


Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error