Problems with installing appropriate gtk library

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install latest release of Gedit. It's my favourite editor for coding. And I'm following this guide: https://installfights.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/install-lastest-gedit-version-3202-on.html



However, when I get to the point where I need to install gtk library version 3.22.x I can't seem to find it freely available online.
I'm not allowed to proceed in installation because of this error:



Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 3.22.0' but version of GTK+ is 3.18.9


So I'm currently running 3.18 and I need 3.22 but where to download it ?










share|improve this question





















  • Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 21:26










  • You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
    – Mark Alexa
    Mar 5 at 22:20














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm trying to install latest release of Gedit. It's my favourite editor for coding. And I'm following this guide: https://installfights.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/install-lastest-gedit-version-3202-on.html



However, when I get to the point where I need to install gtk library version 3.22.x I can't seem to find it freely available online.
I'm not allowed to proceed in installation because of this error:



Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 3.22.0' but version of GTK+ is 3.18.9


So I'm currently running 3.18 and I need 3.22 but where to download it ?










share|improve this question





















  • Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 21:26










  • You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
    – Mark Alexa
    Mar 5 at 22:20












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I'm trying to install latest release of Gedit. It's my favourite editor for coding. And I'm following this guide: https://installfights.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/install-lastest-gedit-version-3202-on.html



However, when I get to the point where I need to install gtk library version 3.22.x I can't seem to find it freely available online.
I'm not allowed to proceed in installation because of this error:



Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 3.22.0' but version of GTK+ is 3.18.9


So I'm currently running 3.18 and I need 3.22 but where to download it ?










share|improve this question













I'm trying to install latest release of Gedit. It's my favourite editor for coding. And I'm following this guide: https://installfights.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/install-lastest-gedit-version-3202-on.html



However, when I get to the point where I need to install gtk library version 3.22.x I can't seem to find it freely available online.
I'm not allowed to proceed in installation because of this error:



Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 3.22.0' but version of GTK+ is 3.18.9


So I'm currently running 3.18 and I need 3.22 but where to download it ?







gedit






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 5 at 20:22









Mark Alexa

1321414




1321414











  • Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 21:26










  • You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
    – Mark Alexa
    Mar 5 at 22:20
















  • Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 21:26










  • You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
    – Mark Alexa
    Mar 5 at 22:20















Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 21:26




Did you try gtk.org/download/linux.php ?
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 21:26












You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
– Mark Alexa
Mar 5 at 22:20




You Google better than I do. Nice one ! If you post it as an answer I'll accept it.
– Mark Alexa
Mar 5 at 22:20










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote



accepted










The latest source code of should be available at Gtk+: Download for GNU/Linux and Unix. Older point releases are available from this page as well.



You will of course need to build the libraries yourself from this source - there is a PPA of version 3.22.28 backported from Artful but I can't vouch for it.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1012182%2fproblems-with-installing-appropriate-gtk-library%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote



    accepted










    The latest source code of should be available at Gtk+: Download for GNU/Linux and Unix. Older point releases are available from this page as well.



    You will of course need to build the libraries yourself from this source - there is a PPA of version 3.22.28 backported from Artful but I can't vouch for it.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      1
      down vote



      accepted










      The latest source code of should be available at Gtk+: Download for GNU/Linux and Unix. Older point releases are available from this page as well.



      You will of course need to build the libraries yourself from this source - there is a PPA of version 3.22.28 backported from Artful but I can't vouch for it.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        1
        down vote



        accepted







        up vote
        1
        down vote



        accepted






        The latest source code of should be available at Gtk+: Download for GNU/Linux and Unix. Older point releases are available from this page as well.



        You will of course need to build the libraries yourself from this source - there is a PPA of version 3.22.28 backported from Artful but I can't vouch for it.






        share|improve this answer












        The latest source code of should be available at Gtk+: Download for GNU/Linux and Unix. Older point releases are available from this page as well.



        You will of course need to build the libraries yourself from this source - there is a PPA of version 3.22.28 backported from Artful but I can't vouch for it.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 5 at 22:28









        steeldriver

        63.3k1198167




        63.3k1198167



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1012182%2fproblems-with-installing-appropriate-gtk-library%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error