How to install locale only if that is not exist yet

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I want to set a locale, but it failed.



$ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
*** update-locale: Error: invalid locale settings: LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8


To use the locale I installed the locale by locale-gen



$ sudo locale-gen ja_JP.UTF-8
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
ja_JP.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
$ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
$


Now I want to write a shell script to configure it.
How can I know which locale is already installed so that I can avoid regenerate the locale?










share|improve this question

























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I want to set a locale, but it failed.



    $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
    *** update-locale: Error: invalid locale settings: LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8


    To use the locale I installed the locale by locale-gen



    $ sudo locale-gen ja_JP.UTF-8
    Generating locales (this might take a while)...
    ja_JP.UTF-8... done
    Generation complete.
    $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
    $


    Now I want to write a shell script to configure it.
    How can I know which locale is already installed so that I can avoid regenerate the locale?










    share|improve this question























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I want to set a locale, but it failed.



      $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
      *** update-locale: Error: invalid locale settings: LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8


      To use the locale I installed the locale by locale-gen



      $ sudo locale-gen ja_JP.UTF-8
      Generating locales (this might take a while)...
      ja_JP.UTF-8... done
      Generation complete.
      $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
      $


      Now I want to write a shell script to configure it.
      How can I know which locale is already installed so that I can avoid regenerate the locale?










      share|improve this question













      I want to set a locale, but it failed.



      $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
      *** update-locale: Error: invalid locale settings: LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8


      To use the locale I installed the locale by locale-gen



      $ sudo locale-gen ja_JP.UTF-8
      Generating locales (this might take a while)...
      ja_JP.UTF-8... done
      Generation complete.
      $ sudo update-locale LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
      $


      Now I want to write a shell script to configure it.
      How can I know which locale is already installed so that I can avoid regenerate the locale?







      locale






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 13 mins ago









      ironsand

      3582418




      3582418




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I found a option -a that returns all locals in system.



          I could check the existence of the locale by this code.



          if [ `locale -a | grep -c ja_JP.utf` -ge 1 ]; then echo exist; else echo not exist; fi




          share




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1078040%2fhow-to-install-locale-only-if-that-is-not-exist-yet%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            I found a option -a that returns all locals in system.



            I could check the existence of the locale by this code.



            if [ `locale -a | grep -c ja_JP.utf` -ge 1 ]; then echo exist; else echo not exist; fi




            share
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I found a option -a that returns all locals in system.



              I could check the existence of the locale by this code.



              if [ `locale -a | grep -c ja_JP.utf` -ge 1 ]; then echo exist; else echo not exist; fi




              share






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                I found a option -a that returns all locals in system.



                I could check the existence of the locale by this code.



                if [ `locale -a | grep -c ja_JP.utf` -ge 1 ]; then echo exist; else echo not exist; fi




                share












                I found a option -a that returns all locals in system.



                I could check the existence of the locale by this code.



                if [ `locale -a | grep -c ja_JP.utf` -ge 1 ]; then echo exist; else echo not exist; fi





                share











                share


                share










                answered 1 min ago









                ironsand

                3582418




                3582418



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1078040%2fhow-to-install-locale-only-if-that-is-not-exist-yet%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error