CCSM options deleted

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












for several days, I think since one Ubuntu update, I am not able to switch desktop using ctrl + alt+arrow.



I have installed CompizConfig Settings Manager and when I tick Desktop/DesktopWall it starts working again but every time I reboot or plug in another display with an HDMI cable, it stops working until I reopen CCSM and repeat the procedure. I guess the CCSM settings are not being saved or over-written by something else but I cannot figure out what to do.



Similarly, in order to find a hidden file the other day, I hit ctrl+h. Ever since, every time I start a session, Files shows me all the hidden file.



Chrome has been acting funnily as well, sometimes logging me out.



I would really appreciate any help here.










share|improve this question





















  • The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
    – wjandrea
    Mar 5 at 8:10










  • I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
    – Timur
    Mar 5 at 8:23










  • In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
    – Timur
    Mar 6 at 6:51










  • Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
    – wjandrea
    Mar 7 at 2:22















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












for several days, I think since one Ubuntu update, I am not able to switch desktop using ctrl + alt+arrow.



I have installed CompizConfig Settings Manager and when I tick Desktop/DesktopWall it starts working again but every time I reboot or plug in another display with an HDMI cable, it stops working until I reopen CCSM and repeat the procedure. I guess the CCSM settings are not being saved or over-written by something else but I cannot figure out what to do.



Similarly, in order to find a hidden file the other day, I hit ctrl+h. Ever since, every time I start a session, Files shows me all the hidden file.



Chrome has been acting funnily as well, sometimes logging me out.



I would really appreciate any help here.










share|improve this question





















  • The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
    – wjandrea
    Mar 5 at 8:10










  • I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
    – Timur
    Mar 5 at 8:23










  • In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
    – Timur
    Mar 6 at 6:51










  • Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
    – wjandrea
    Mar 7 at 2:22













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











for several days, I think since one Ubuntu update, I am not able to switch desktop using ctrl + alt+arrow.



I have installed CompizConfig Settings Manager and when I tick Desktop/DesktopWall it starts working again but every time I reboot or plug in another display with an HDMI cable, it stops working until I reopen CCSM and repeat the procedure. I guess the CCSM settings are not being saved or over-written by something else but I cannot figure out what to do.



Similarly, in order to find a hidden file the other day, I hit ctrl+h. Ever since, every time I start a session, Files shows me all the hidden file.



Chrome has been acting funnily as well, sometimes logging me out.



I would really appreciate any help here.










share|improve this question













for several days, I think since one Ubuntu update, I am not able to switch desktop using ctrl + alt+arrow.



I have installed CompizConfig Settings Manager and when I tick Desktop/DesktopWall it starts working again but every time I reboot or plug in another display with an HDMI cable, it stops working until I reopen CCSM and repeat the procedure. I guess the CCSM settings are not being saved or over-written by something else but I cannot figure out what to do.



Similarly, in order to find a hidden file the other day, I hit ctrl+h. Ever since, every time I start a session, Files shows me all the hidden file.



Chrome has been acting funnily as well, sometimes logging me out.



I would really appreciate any help here.







unity shortcut-keys system-settings






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 5 at 7:57









Timur

1




1











  • The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
    – wjandrea
    Mar 5 at 8:10










  • I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
    – Timur
    Mar 5 at 8:23










  • In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
    – Timur
    Mar 6 at 6:51










  • Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
    – wjandrea
    Mar 7 at 2:22

















  • The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
    – wjandrea
    Mar 5 at 8:10










  • I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
    – Timur
    Mar 5 at 8:23










  • In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
    – Timur
    Mar 6 at 6:51










  • Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
    – wjandrea
    Mar 7 at 2:22
















The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
– wjandrea
Mar 5 at 8:10




The problem with hidden files in Nautilus (Files) might be separate. Try running gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-hidden-files false in terminal. For details: maketecheasier.com/nautilus-disable-show-hidden-files
– wjandrea
Mar 5 at 8:10












I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
– Timur
Mar 5 at 8:23




I did but it did not do anything. I still see all the hidden files when I reopen a new Files window
– Timur
Mar 5 at 8:23












In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
– Timur
Mar 6 at 6:51




In fact things went even worse. Now, on reboot, nautilus does not open so I cannot and <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>tab</kbd> does not work anymore so I cannot even access the terminal. The only way for me to boot is in safe mode.
– Timur
Mar 6 at 6:51












Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
– wjandrea
Mar 7 at 2:22





Ouch. You might have a hardware failure - maybe the drive. Try checking its SMART data. Otherwise, you might need to reinstall Ubuntu.
– wjandrea
Mar 7 at 2:22
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1011995%2fccsm-options-deleted%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1011995%2fccsm-options-deleted%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error