Server acts weird after reboot and local IP changes

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












OS: Ubuntu server 16.04.



So I changed my local IP's from class c to class a. Now I get a weird issue on the server.



(I connect to the server using the set statically IP on SSH from a local PC)



After a reboot it can't reach the WAN. if I try to ping 8.8.8.8 I get this
From <old class c. IP> icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable



ifconfig shows it's using the new statically set class a IP.



Temp fix:
dhclient -r -v <interface> && rm /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.* ; dhclient -v <interface>
This returns



dhclient -v <interface>
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPRELEASE on <interface> to <gateway IP> port 67 (xid=0x4cf127f2)
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x72c4ab2e)
DHCPREQUEST of <the new statically set IP> on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x2eabc472)
DHCPOFFER of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
DHCPACK of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
bound to <the new statically set IP> -- renewal in 18113 seconds.


But it's just temp, reboot and the issue is back.



how do I solve this?










share|improve this question





















  • "I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
    – waltinator
    Mar 4 at 23:24










  • I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
    – joveice
    Mar 5 at 7:46














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












OS: Ubuntu server 16.04.



So I changed my local IP's from class c to class a. Now I get a weird issue on the server.



(I connect to the server using the set statically IP on SSH from a local PC)



After a reboot it can't reach the WAN. if I try to ping 8.8.8.8 I get this
From <old class c. IP> icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable



ifconfig shows it's using the new statically set class a IP.



Temp fix:
dhclient -r -v <interface> && rm /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.* ; dhclient -v <interface>
This returns



dhclient -v <interface>
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPRELEASE on <interface> to <gateway IP> port 67 (xid=0x4cf127f2)
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x72c4ab2e)
DHCPREQUEST of <the new statically set IP> on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x2eabc472)
DHCPOFFER of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
DHCPACK of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
bound to <the new statically set IP> -- renewal in 18113 seconds.


But it's just temp, reboot and the issue is back.



how do I solve this?










share|improve this question





















  • "I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
    – waltinator
    Mar 4 at 23:24










  • I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
    – joveice
    Mar 5 at 7:46












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











OS: Ubuntu server 16.04.



So I changed my local IP's from class c to class a. Now I get a weird issue on the server.



(I connect to the server using the set statically IP on SSH from a local PC)



After a reboot it can't reach the WAN. if I try to ping 8.8.8.8 I get this
From <old class c. IP> icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable



ifconfig shows it's using the new statically set class a IP.



Temp fix:
dhclient -r -v <interface> && rm /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.* ; dhclient -v <interface>
This returns



dhclient -v <interface>
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPRELEASE on <interface> to <gateway IP> port 67 (xid=0x4cf127f2)
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x72c4ab2e)
DHCPREQUEST of <the new statically set IP> on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x2eabc472)
DHCPOFFER of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
DHCPACK of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
bound to <the new statically set IP> -- renewal in 18113 seconds.


But it's just temp, reboot and the issue is back.



how do I solve this?










share|improve this question













OS: Ubuntu server 16.04.



So I changed my local IP's from class c to class a. Now I get a weird issue on the server.



(I connect to the server using the set statically IP on SSH from a local PC)



After a reboot it can't reach the WAN. if I try to ping 8.8.8.8 I get this
From <old class c. IP> icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable



ifconfig shows it's using the new statically set class a IP.



Temp fix:
dhclient -r -v <interface> && rm /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.* ; dhclient -v <interface>
This returns



dhclient -v <interface>
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPRELEASE on <interface> to <gateway IP> port 67 (xid=0x4cf127f2)
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.3
Copyright 2004-2015 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/<interface>
Sending on LPF/<interface>
Sending on Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3 (xid=0x72c4ab2e)
DHCPREQUEST of <the new statically set IP> on <interface> to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x2eabc472)
DHCPOFFER of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
DHCPACK of <the new statically set IP> from <gateway IP>
bound to <the new statically set IP> -- renewal in 18113 seconds.


But it's just temp, reboot and the issue is back.



how do I solve this?







networking server dhcp






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 4 at 18:52









joveice

61




61











  • "I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
    – waltinator
    Mar 4 at 23:24










  • I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
    – joveice
    Mar 5 at 7:46
















  • "I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
    – waltinator
    Mar 4 at 23:24










  • I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
    – joveice
    Mar 5 at 7:46















"I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
– waltinator
Mar 4 at 23:24




"I changed my local IP's from class c to class a"? How, exactly did you do that? It seems like network nonsense.
– waltinator
Mar 4 at 23:24












I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
– joveice
Mar 5 at 7:46




I changed my local network, from a class C to a class A. followed up by changing the IP of the server to a new IP on the class A range, how is this nonsense?
– joveice
Mar 5 at 7:46















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1011864%2fserver-acts-weird-after-reboot-and-local-ip-changes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1011864%2fserver-acts-weird-after-reboot-and-local-ip-changes%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error