How to set path to sdk that is in different drive than home

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I was using Windows and now moved to Ubuntu 17.
I have formated the drive(NTFS > ext4) and copy the data again. Now the drive which is holding the sdk(which is copied from windows) is this /mnt/72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005/Tools/Android/sdk now how I can set this path to android studio? because I'm expecting that the number 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 will change each time I restart the computer. SO what is permanent way of setting the path to sdk which is not in the home drive?










share|improve this question





















  • I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 15:21










  • ... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 17:47














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I was using Windows and now moved to Ubuntu 17.
I have formated the drive(NTFS > ext4) and copy the data again. Now the drive which is holding the sdk(which is copied from windows) is this /mnt/72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005/Tools/Android/sdk now how I can set this path to android studio? because I'm expecting that the number 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 will change each time I restart the computer. SO what is permanent way of setting the path to sdk which is not in the home drive?










share|improve this question





















  • I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 15:21










  • ... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 17:47












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I was using Windows and now moved to Ubuntu 17.
I have formated the drive(NTFS > ext4) and copy the data again. Now the drive which is holding the sdk(which is copied from windows) is this /mnt/72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005/Tools/Android/sdk now how I can set this path to android studio? because I'm expecting that the number 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 will change each time I restart the computer. SO what is permanent way of setting the path to sdk which is not in the home drive?










share|improve this question













I was using Windows and now moved to Ubuntu 17.
I have formated the drive(NTFS > ext4) and copy the data again. Now the drive which is holding the sdk(which is copied from windows) is this /mnt/72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005/Tools/Android/sdk now how I can set this path to android studio? because I'm expecting that the number 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 will change each time I restart the computer. SO what is permanent way of setting the path to sdk which is not in the home drive?







android ubuntu-sdk sdk






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 5 at 11:01









Asif Mushtaq

1011




1011











  • I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 15:21










  • ... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 17:47
















  • I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 15:21










  • ... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
    – steeldriver
    Mar 5 at 17:47















I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 15:21




I don't think 72f9f0ae-7f8c-486b-9f5f-bc34efb74005 should change - it should be the UUID of the block device
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 15:21












... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 17:47




... having said that, you can mount the drive anywhere you like via your /etc/fstab file: see one of the many previous questions on this topic such as How to make partitions mount at startup?
– steeldriver
Mar 5 at 17:47















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1012035%2fhow-to-set-path-to-sdk-that-is-in-different-drive-than-home%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1012035%2fhow-to-set-path-to-sdk-that-is-in-different-drive-than-home%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error