Install PlantUML without GUI

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I want to install PlantUML in a Docker container. I tried this:



apt install plantuml


This depends on a full X11 and GTK installation, but I only want to use the command line tool, so I don't want to install unnecessary packages, as it considerably increases image size. Is there any way to install PlantUML without GUI?










share|improve this question





















  • plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
    – Rinzwind
    Feb 15 at 14:06






  • 1




    Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 15 at 16:50










  • @RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
    – petersohn
    Feb 16 at 8:54














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I want to install PlantUML in a Docker container. I tried this:



apt install plantuml


This depends on a full X11 and GTK installation, but I only want to use the command line tool, so I don't want to install unnecessary packages, as it considerably increases image size. Is there any way to install PlantUML without GUI?










share|improve this question





















  • plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
    – Rinzwind
    Feb 15 at 14:06






  • 1




    Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 15 at 16:50










  • @RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
    – petersohn
    Feb 16 at 8:54












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I want to install PlantUML in a Docker container. I tried this:



apt install plantuml


This depends on a full X11 and GTK installation, but I only want to use the command line tool, so I don't want to install unnecessary packages, as it considerably increases image size. Is there any way to install PlantUML without GUI?










share|improve this question













I want to install PlantUML in a Docker container. I tried this:



apt install plantuml


This depends on a full X11 and GTK installation, but I only want to use the command line tool, so I don't want to install unnecessary packages, as it considerably increases image size. Is there any way to install PlantUML without GUI?







apt docker






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Feb 15 at 13:59









petersohn

35926




35926











  • plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
    – Rinzwind
    Feb 15 at 14:06






  • 1




    Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 15 at 16:50










  • @RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
    – petersohn
    Feb 16 at 8:54
















  • plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
    – Rinzwind
    Feb 15 at 14:06






  • 1




    Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 15 at 16:50










  • @RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
    – petersohn
    Feb 16 at 8:54















plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
– Rinzwind
Feb 15 at 14:06




plantuml is a jar file so download that and put it somewhere on your system: for instance from sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
– Rinzwind
Feb 15 at 14:06




1




1




Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
– Robert Riedl
Feb 15 at 16:50




Actually it doesn't depend on a full X11 and GTK install. plantuml depends on default-jre !
– Robert Riedl
Feb 15 at 16:50












@RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
– petersohn
Feb 16 at 8:54




@RobertRiedl Then the Ubuntu dependency tree is seriously broken.
– petersohn
Feb 16 at 8:54















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006481%2finstall-plantuml-without-gui%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006481%2finstall-plantuml-without-gui%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error