Default bootable device missing [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • How do I make a bootable Ubuntu USB?

    5 answers



  • How can I check the integrity of a downloaded Ubuntu CD?

    5 answers



I was trying to install Ubuntu in my ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7 model number N17Q2) but it gave an error saying: media file corrupted, and now it's showing no bootable device.



I also tried with another bootable pendrive installed Ubuntu but it's showing 'default bootable device missing'.



My hdd is shown in boot information menu. But it's not showing in boot menu.



I was using Ubuntu 18.4 and I didn't verify the ISO.







share|improve this question













marked as duplicate by David Foerster, karel, Eric Carvalho, Fabby, Kevin Bowen Jun 16 at 17:16


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
    – PRATAP
    Jun 7 at 5:33










  • I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:11










  • I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:14














up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • How do I make a bootable Ubuntu USB?

    5 answers



  • How can I check the integrity of a downloaded Ubuntu CD?

    5 answers



I was trying to install Ubuntu in my ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7 model number N17Q2) but it gave an error saying: media file corrupted, and now it's showing no bootable device.



I also tried with another bootable pendrive installed Ubuntu but it's showing 'default bootable device missing'.



My hdd is shown in boot information menu. But it's not showing in boot menu.



I was using Ubuntu 18.4 and I didn't verify the ISO.







share|improve this question













marked as duplicate by David Foerster, karel, Eric Carvalho, Fabby, Kevin Bowen Jun 16 at 17:16


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
    – PRATAP
    Jun 7 at 5:33










  • I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:11










  • I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:14












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite












This question already has an answer here:



  • How do I make a bootable Ubuntu USB?

    5 answers



  • How can I check the integrity of a downloaded Ubuntu CD?

    5 answers



I was trying to install Ubuntu in my ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7 model number N17Q2) but it gave an error saying: media file corrupted, and now it's showing no bootable device.



I also tried with another bootable pendrive installed Ubuntu but it's showing 'default bootable device missing'.



My hdd is shown in boot information menu. But it's not showing in boot menu.



I was using Ubuntu 18.4 and I didn't verify the ISO.







share|improve this question














This question already has an answer here:



  • How do I make a bootable Ubuntu USB?

    5 answers



  • How can I check the integrity of a downloaded Ubuntu CD?

    5 answers



I was trying to install Ubuntu in my ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-31-C0A7 model number N17Q2) but it gave an error saying: media file corrupted, and now it's showing no bootable device.



I also tried with another bootable pendrive installed Ubuntu but it's showing 'default bootable device missing'.



My hdd is shown in boot information menu. But it's not showing in boot menu.



I was using Ubuntu 18.4 and I didn't verify the ISO.





This question already has an answer here:



  • How do I make a bootable Ubuntu USB?

    5 answers



  • How can I check the integrity of a downloaded Ubuntu CD?

    5 answers









share|improve this question












share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jun 7 at 9:46









Stephen Rauch

1,1545716




1,1545716









asked Jun 7 at 5:27









Zafor Iqbal

11




11




marked as duplicate by David Foerster, karel, Eric Carvalho, Fabby, Kevin Bowen Jun 16 at 17:16


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by David Foerster, karel, Eric Carvalho, Fabby, Kevin Bowen Jun 16 at 17:16


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.









  • 1




    are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
    – PRATAP
    Jun 7 at 5:33










  • I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:11










  • I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:14












  • 1




    are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
    – PRATAP
    Jun 7 at 5:33










  • I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:11










  • I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
    – Zafor Iqbal
    Jun 8 at 16:14







1




1




are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
– PRATAP
Jun 7 at 5:33




are you able to boot to windows10 or not at this moment? how did you make the bootable USB? i mean from Rufus or other software? is your system Booting in "UEFI" mode or "BIOS" mode? are you planning to install Ubuntu along side Windows10 or Alone?
– PRATAP
Jun 7 at 5:33












I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
– Zafor Iqbal
Jun 8 at 16:11




I made a Ubuntu usb with GPT partition and FAT32 Formated
– Zafor Iqbal
Jun 8 at 16:11












I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
– Zafor Iqbal
Jun 8 at 16:14




I can't boot in any ISO neither Ubuntu nor Windows 10
– Zafor Iqbal
Jun 8 at 16:14















active

oldest

votes






















active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes

Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How to roll back Ubuntu to a previous version?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?