Cannot detect wireless driver intel ac wireless 9560 [logs included]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite
1












Currently using Ubuntu 18.04, and my wireless driver is not being detected.



I've included a wireless diagnosis log.



$ desmg | grep iwl
[ 6.212724] Loading modules backported from iwlwifi
[ 6.212724] iwlwifi-stack-public:master:6988:0d8892f2
[ 6.224583] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 6.229811] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwl-dbg-cfg.ini failed with error -2
[ 6.230540] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-39.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230547] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230552] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-37.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230557] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-36.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230562] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-35.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.236670] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 34.0.0 op_mode iwlmvm
[ 6.248314] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560, REV=0x318
[ 7.264081] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: SecBoot CPU1 Status: 0x3, CPU2 Status: 0x2477
[ 7.264084] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110
[ 7.276165] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110


sudo modprobe iwlwifi returns no output.







share|improve this question





















  • I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
    – chili555
    May 23 at 20:13










  • @chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
    – David Foerster
    May 29 at 1:09











  • @DavidFoerster Thanks mate
    – Hyun Kim
    May 29 at 6:03














up vote
2
down vote

favorite
1












Currently using Ubuntu 18.04, and my wireless driver is not being detected.



I've included a wireless diagnosis log.



$ desmg | grep iwl
[ 6.212724] Loading modules backported from iwlwifi
[ 6.212724] iwlwifi-stack-public:master:6988:0d8892f2
[ 6.224583] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 6.229811] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwl-dbg-cfg.ini failed with error -2
[ 6.230540] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-39.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230547] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230552] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-37.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230557] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-36.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230562] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-35.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.236670] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 34.0.0 op_mode iwlmvm
[ 6.248314] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560, REV=0x318
[ 7.264081] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: SecBoot CPU1 Status: 0x3, CPU2 Status: 0x2477
[ 7.264084] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110
[ 7.276165] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110


sudo modprobe iwlwifi returns no output.







share|improve this question





















  • I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
    – chili555
    May 23 at 20:13










  • @chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
    – David Foerster
    May 29 at 1:09











  • @DavidFoerster Thanks mate
    – Hyun Kim
    May 29 at 6:03












up vote
2
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
2
down vote

favorite
1






1





Currently using Ubuntu 18.04, and my wireless driver is not being detected.



I've included a wireless diagnosis log.



$ desmg | grep iwl
[ 6.212724] Loading modules backported from iwlwifi
[ 6.212724] iwlwifi-stack-public:master:6988:0d8892f2
[ 6.224583] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 6.229811] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwl-dbg-cfg.ini failed with error -2
[ 6.230540] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-39.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230547] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230552] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-37.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230557] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-36.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230562] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-35.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.236670] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 34.0.0 op_mode iwlmvm
[ 6.248314] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560, REV=0x318
[ 7.264081] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: SecBoot CPU1 Status: 0x3, CPU2 Status: 0x2477
[ 7.264084] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110
[ 7.276165] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110


sudo modprobe iwlwifi returns no output.







share|improve this question













Currently using Ubuntu 18.04, and my wireless driver is not being detected.



I've included a wireless diagnosis log.



$ desmg | grep iwl
[ 6.212724] Loading modules backported from iwlwifi
[ 6.212724] iwlwifi-stack-public:master:6988:0d8892f2
[ 6.224583] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[ 6.229811] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwl-dbg-cfg.ini failed with error -2
[ 6.230540] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-39.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230547] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230552] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-37.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230557] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-36.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.230562] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-35.ucode failed with error -2
[ 6.236670] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 34.0.0 op_mode iwlmvm
[ 6.248314] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560, REV=0x318
[ 7.264081] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: SecBoot CPU1 Status: 0x3, CPU2 Status: 0x2477
[ 7.264084] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110
[ 7.276165] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110


sudo modprobe iwlwifi returns no output.









share|improve this question












share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 29 at 1:05









David Foerster

25.7k1361105




25.7k1361105









asked May 23 at 10:10









Hyun Kim

112




112











  • I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
    – chili555
    May 23 at 20:13










  • @chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
    – David Foerster
    May 29 at 1:09











  • @DavidFoerster Thanks mate
    – Hyun Kim
    May 29 at 6:03
















  • I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
    – chili555
    May 23 at 20:13










  • @chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
    – David Foerster
    May 29 at 1:09











  • @DavidFoerster Thanks mate
    – Hyun Kim
    May 29 at 6:03















I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
– chili555
May 23 at 20:13




I expect that it wants but is missing firmware. Let's try to find out which. Please edit your question to add the result of two terminal commands: sudo modprobe iwlwifi and also: dmesg | grep iwl Welcome to Ask Ubuntu.
– chili555
May 23 at 20:13












@chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
– David Foerster
May 29 at 1:09





@chili555: OP added the requested info and it looks like the driver found a firmware and loaded it happily.
– David Foerster
May 29 at 1:09













@DavidFoerster Thanks mate
– Hyun Kim
May 29 at 6:03




@DavidFoerster Thanks mate
– Hyun Kim
May 29 at 6:03










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













I noticed this morning that Update Manager installed a later version of the package linux-firmware. I suggest that you obtain a temporary internet connection by ethernet, tethered or whatever means possible and open a terminal and do:



sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade


I suspect that linux-firmware will be upgraded. After the upgrade, my firmware files include:



iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode


Reboot so that -38 loads instead of -34 as before. Check the log:



dmesg | grep iwl


Is the alarming message gone?




iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110




Your wireless should be working now.






share|improve this answer





















  • gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
    – Hyun Kim
    May 30 at 12:21










  • I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
    – edencorbin
    Jul 10 at 22:31










  • @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
    – chili555
    Jul 11 at 1:18










  • @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
    – edencorbin
    Jul 11 at 3:19

















up vote
-1
down vote













  1. You should be sure then your HW support this stuff. It requires the newest HW.

  2. Despite this stuff officially is supported since kernel 4.14+, by the fact you will avoid a lot of issues by using 4.16+ and the newest firmware.





share|improve this answer





















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039359%2fcannot-detect-wireless-driver-intel-ac-wireless-9560-logs-included%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote













    I noticed this morning that Update Manager installed a later version of the package linux-firmware. I suggest that you obtain a temporary internet connection by ethernet, tethered or whatever means possible and open a terminal and do:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade


    I suspect that linux-firmware will be upgraded. After the upgrade, my firmware files include:



    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode


    Reboot so that -38 loads instead of -34 as before. Check the log:



    dmesg | grep iwl


    Is the alarming message gone?




    iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110




    Your wireless should be working now.






    share|improve this answer





















    • gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
      – Hyun Kim
      May 30 at 12:21










    • I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
      – edencorbin
      Jul 10 at 22:31










    • @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
      – chili555
      Jul 11 at 1:18










    • @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
      – edencorbin
      Jul 11 at 3:19














    up vote
    1
    down vote













    I noticed this morning that Update Manager installed a later version of the package linux-firmware. I suggest that you obtain a temporary internet connection by ethernet, tethered or whatever means possible and open a terminal and do:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade


    I suspect that linux-firmware will be upgraded. After the upgrade, my firmware files include:



    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode


    Reboot so that -38 loads instead of -34 as before. Check the log:



    dmesg | grep iwl


    Is the alarming message gone?




    iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110




    Your wireless should be working now.






    share|improve this answer





















    • gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
      – Hyun Kim
      May 30 at 12:21










    • I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
      – edencorbin
      Jul 10 at 22:31










    • @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
      – chili555
      Jul 11 at 1:18










    • @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
      – edencorbin
      Jul 11 at 3:19












    up vote
    1
    down vote










    up vote
    1
    down vote









    I noticed this morning that Update Manager installed a later version of the package linux-firmware. I suggest that you obtain a temporary internet connection by ethernet, tethered or whatever means possible and open a terminal and do:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade


    I suspect that linux-firmware will be upgraded. After the upgrade, my firmware files include:



    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode


    Reboot so that -38 loads instead of -34 as before. Check the log:



    dmesg | grep iwl


    Is the alarming message gone?




    iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110




    Your wireless should be working now.






    share|improve this answer













    I noticed this morning that Update Manager installed a later version of the package linux-firmware. I suggest that you obtain a temporary internet connection by ethernet, tethered or whatever means possible and open a terminal and do:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade


    I suspect that linux-firmware will be upgraded. After the upgrade, my firmware files include:



    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-33.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-34.ucode
    iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-38.ucode


    Reboot so that -38 loads instead of -34 as before. Check the log:



    dmesg | grep iwl


    Is the alarming message gone?




    iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110




    Your wireless should be working now.







    share|improve this answer













    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer











    answered May 29 at 13:06









    chili555

    36k54775




    36k54775











    • gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
      – Hyun Kim
      May 30 at 12:21










    • I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
      – edencorbin
      Jul 10 at 22:31










    • @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
      – chili555
      Jul 11 at 1:18










    • @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
      – edencorbin
      Jul 11 at 3:19
















    • gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
      – Hyun Kim
      May 30 at 12:21










    • I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
      – edencorbin
      Jul 10 at 22:31










    • @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
      – chili555
      Jul 11 at 1:18










    • @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
      – edencorbin
      Jul 11 at 3:19















    gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
    – Hyun Kim
    May 30 at 12:21




    gave that a go same error messages - Im suspecting it could be a hardware problem - tried using the wifi module on windows as well and seems like its failing as well
    – Hyun Kim
    May 30 at 12:21












    I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
    – edencorbin
    Jul 10 at 22:31




    I'm having this issue in Ubuntu live environment, but for me, it works fine in Windows, I have a connection, but installer/live environment cannot connect to internet 9560. I'm hesitant to install if I can't get wi fi working, any ideas?
    – edencorbin
    Jul 10 at 22:31












    @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
    – chili555
    Jul 11 at 1:18




    @edencorbin Please start your own new question. I'll be happy to help.
    – chili555
    Jul 11 at 1:18












    @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
    – edencorbin
    Jul 11 at 3:19




    @chili555 askubuntu.com/questions/1054012/…
    – edencorbin
    Jul 11 at 3:19












    up vote
    -1
    down vote













    1. You should be sure then your HW support this stuff. It requires the newest HW.

    2. Despite this stuff officially is supported since kernel 4.14+, by the fact you will avoid a lot of issues by using 4.16+ and the newest firmware.





    share|improve this answer

























      up vote
      -1
      down vote













      1. You should be sure then your HW support this stuff. It requires the newest HW.

      2. Despite this stuff officially is supported since kernel 4.14+, by the fact you will avoid a lot of issues by using 4.16+ and the newest firmware.





      share|improve this answer























        up vote
        -1
        down vote










        up vote
        -1
        down vote









        1. You should be sure then your HW support this stuff. It requires the newest HW.

        2. Despite this stuff officially is supported since kernel 4.14+, by the fact you will avoid a lot of issues by using 4.16+ and the newest firmware.





        share|improve this answer













        1. You should be sure then your HW support this stuff. It requires the newest HW.

        2. Despite this stuff officially is supported since kernel 4.14+, by the fact you will avoid a lot of issues by using 4.16+ and the newest firmware.






        share|improve this answer













        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer











        answered Jul 17 at 19:16









        vitaly.v.ch

        1098




        1098






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1039359%2fcannot-detect-wireless-driver-intel-ac-wireless-9560-logs-included%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error