Wine update error

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
4
down vote

favorite












enter image description here



I have this upgrade error pop up that comes up every so often. I don't know what to do. The run action button doesn't work. When I click it, window to enter admin password pops up for half a second and disappears. What's even more weird, I don't know why my system wants to download this Wine stuff. I purged Wine from my Ubuntu.







share|improve this question



















  • Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
    – andrew.46
    Jun 14 at 4:16










  • I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
    – JoeSteiger
    Jun 14 at 21:31














up vote
4
down vote

favorite












enter image description here



I have this upgrade error pop up that comes up every so often. I don't know what to do. The run action button doesn't work. When I click it, window to enter admin password pops up for half a second and disappears. What's even more weird, I don't know why my system wants to download this Wine stuff. I purged Wine from my Ubuntu.







share|improve this question



















  • Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
    – andrew.46
    Jun 14 at 4:16










  • I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
    – JoeSteiger
    Jun 14 at 21:31












up vote
4
down vote

favorite









up vote
4
down vote

favorite











enter image description here



I have this upgrade error pop up that comes up every so often. I don't know what to do. The run action button doesn't work. When I click it, window to enter admin password pops up for half a second and disappears. What's even more weird, I don't know why my system wants to download this Wine stuff. I purged Wine from my Ubuntu.







share|improve this question











enter image description here



I have this upgrade error pop up that comes up every so often. I don't know what to do. The run action button doesn't work. When I click it, window to enter admin password pops up for half a second and disappears. What's even more weird, I don't know why my system wants to download this Wine stuff. I purged Wine from my Ubuntu.









share|improve this question










share|improve this question




share|improve this question









asked Jun 6 at 2:35









JoeSteiger

2031215




2031215











  • Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
    – andrew.46
    Jun 14 at 4:16










  • I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
    – JoeSteiger
    Jun 14 at 21:31
















  • Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
    – andrew.46
    Jun 14 at 4:16










  • I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
    – JoeSteiger
    Jun 14 at 21:31















Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
– andrew.46
Jun 14 at 4:16




Have you completely deleted? There may still be a wine PPA active...
– andrew.46
Jun 14 at 4:16












I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
– JoeSteiger
Jun 14 at 21:31




I didn't see a Wine PPA in software sources
– JoeSteiger
Jun 14 at 21:31










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
6
down vote



accepted
+50










Try to uninstall completely by executing:



sudo apt-get purge wine 
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get install -f
rm -r ~/.wine
rm -r ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programms
rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine*


and then wine is banished from your system...






share|improve this answer























  • Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
    – Fabby
    Jun 16 at 10:25











  • I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
    – Kobi T
    Jun 19 at 23:46

















up vote
-1
down vote













If you do want to keep wine and only want to stop this message from popping up, try:



rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-browser-installer
rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-silverlight5.1-installer





share|improve this answer























    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1044007%2fwine-update-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    6
    down vote



    accepted
    +50










    Try to uninstall completely by executing:



    sudo apt-get purge wine 
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install -f
    rm -r ~/.wine
    rm -r ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programms
    rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine*


    and then wine is banished from your system...






    share|improve this answer























    • Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
      – Fabby
      Jun 16 at 10:25











    • I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
      – Kobi T
      Jun 19 at 23:46














    up vote
    6
    down vote



    accepted
    +50










    Try to uninstall completely by executing:



    sudo apt-get purge wine 
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install -f
    rm -r ~/.wine
    rm -r ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programms
    rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine*


    and then wine is banished from your system...






    share|improve this answer























    • Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
      – Fabby
      Jun 16 at 10:25











    • I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
      – Kobi T
      Jun 19 at 23:46












    up vote
    6
    down vote



    accepted
    +50







    up vote
    6
    down vote



    accepted
    +50




    +50




    Try to uninstall completely by executing:



    sudo apt-get purge wine 
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install -f
    rm -r ~/.wine
    rm -r ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programms
    rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine*


    and then wine is banished from your system...






    share|improve this answer















    Try to uninstall completely by executing:



    sudo apt-get purge wine 
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install -f
    rm -r ~/.wine
    rm -r ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programms
    rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine*


    and then wine is banished from your system...







    share|improve this answer















    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer








    edited Jun 16 at 10:24









    Fabby

    23.7k1351146




    23.7k1351146











    answered Jun 16 at 8:23









    Itra

    14510




    14510











    • Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
      – Fabby
      Jun 16 at 10:25











    • I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
      – Kobi T
      Jun 19 at 23:46
















    • Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
      – Fabby
      Jun 16 at 10:25











    • I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
      – Kobi T
      Jun 19 at 23:46















    Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
    – Fabby
    Jun 16 at 10:25





    Welcome to Ask Ubuntu! :-) I edited and upvoted. Great first answer! (though the OP did not say anything about re-installing wine, so I removed that.
    – Fabby
    Jun 16 at 10:25













    I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
    – Kobi T
    Jun 19 at 23:46




    I don't think that uninstalling wine alone will fix this. I believe it's due to the files in /usr/share/package-data-downloads/. see wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/UpdateNotifierPackageDataDownloader
    – Kobi T
    Jun 19 at 23:46












    up vote
    -1
    down vote













    If you do want to keep wine and only want to stop this message from popping up, try:



    rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-browser-installer
    rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-silverlight5.1-installer





    share|improve this answer



























      up vote
      -1
      down vote













      If you do want to keep wine and only want to stop this message from popping up, try:



      rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-browser-installer
      rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-silverlight5.1-installer





      share|improve this answer

























        up vote
        -1
        down vote










        up vote
        -1
        down vote









        If you do want to keep wine and only want to stop this message from popping up, try:



        rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-browser-installer
        rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-silverlight5.1-installer





        share|improve this answer















        If you do want to keep wine and only want to stop this message from popping up, try:



        rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-browser-installer
        rm -f /usr/share/package-data-downloads/wine-silverlight5.1-installer






        share|improve this answer















        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited Jun 19 at 23:50


























        answered Jun 19 at 23:29









        Kobi T

        4593718




        4593718






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1044007%2fwine-update-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error