No autostart in config?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












After an upgrade I lost launcher and menu bars. I'm in Ubuntu 16.04.
I tried most of the things I found in forums but nothing works.
Tint2 works, but that's all.



In one advice someone told to look at autostart (mv ~/.config/autostart ~/.config/autostartBAK), but I don't find any file like this in config or elsewhere.
Where is it?
Thanks a lot!










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    ~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • You're using Unity, right?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:28










  • Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:17










  • I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:22














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












After an upgrade I lost launcher and menu bars. I'm in Ubuntu 16.04.
I tried most of the things I found in forums but nothing works.
Tint2 works, but that's all.



In one advice someone told to look at autostart (mv ~/.config/autostart ~/.config/autostartBAK), but I don't find any file like this in config or elsewhere.
Where is it?
Thanks a lot!










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    ~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • You're using Unity, right?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:28










  • Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:17










  • I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:22












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











After an upgrade I lost launcher and menu bars. I'm in Ubuntu 16.04.
I tried most of the things I found in forums but nothing works.
Tint2 works, but that's all.



In one advice someone told to look at autostart (mv ~/.config/autostart ~/.config/autostartBAK), but I don't find any file like this in config or elsewhere.
Where is it?
Thanks a lot!










share|improve this question















After an upgrade I lost launcher and menu bars. I'm in Ubuntu 16.04.
I tried most of the things I found in forums but nothing works.
Tint2 works, but that's all.



In one advice someone told to look at autostart (mv ~/.config/autostart ~/.config/autostartBAK), but I don't find any file like this in config or elsewhere.
Where is it?
Thanks a lot!







16.04 unity gui






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 16 at 19:25









wjandrea

7,25842256




7,25842256










asked Feb 16 at 19:18









Vincent Carrier

11




11







  • 1




    ~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • You're using Unity, right?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:28










  • Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:17










  • I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:22












  • 1




    ~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:27










  • You're using Unity, right?
    – wjandrea
    Feb 16 at 19:28










  • Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:17










  • I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
    – Vincent Carrier
    Feb 17 at 21:22







1




1




~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:27




~/.config/autostart is a directory. Try running ls ~/.config/autostart.
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:27












Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:27




Did you try running that mv command, and did it help?
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:27












You're using Unity, right?
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:28




You're using Unity, right?
– wjandrea
Feb 16 at 19:28












Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
– Vincent Carrier
Feb 17 at 21:17




Thank you for your reply. To the ls ~/.config/autostart, it answers : no such files or directory. The mv command returned a similar error. I'm indeed using unity.
– Vincent Carrier
Feb 17 at 21:17












I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
– Vincent Carrier
Feb 17 at 21:22




I created an other account. This account functionned correctly. So I made a backup copy of my previous account and created a new one. Now it works. Although I still don't know the origin of the problem.
– Vincent Carrier
Feb 17 at 21:22















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006876%2fno-autostart-in-config%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006876%2fno-autostart-in-config%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error