Share network with second ethernet port ubuntu 17.10

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I want to share network from enp1s9 with second interface enp1s10.
The same function in windows bridge adapter.
I was trying use bridge and bonds, but without succes.
Becouse of ubuntu 17.10 I am using netplan.



# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# For more information, see netplan(5).
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: no
dhcp6: no
addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
gateway4: 192.168.0.1
wakeonlan: true
nameservers:
addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
enp1s10:
dhcp4: true
dhcp6: true


How I have to modify netplan??



Thanks for any help.










share|improve this question





















  • You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
    – Ken Sharp
    Feb 17 at 10:27










  • Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
    – dpb
    Apr 11 at 3:09














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I want to share network from enp1s9 with second interface enp1s10.
The same function in windows bridge adapter.
I was trying use bridge and bonds, but without succes.
Becouse of ubuntu 17.10 I am using netplan.



# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# For more information, see netplan(5).
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: no
dhcp6: no
addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
gateway4: 192.168.0.1
wakeonlan: true
nameservers:
addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
enp1s10:
dhcp4: true
dhcp6: true


How I have to modify netplan??



Thanks for any help.










share|improve this question





















  • You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
    – Ken Sharp
    Feb 17 at 10:27










  • Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
    – dpb
    Apr 11 at 3:09












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I want to share network from enp1s9 with second interface enp1s10.
The same function in windows bridge adapter.
I was trying use bridge and bonds, but without succes.
Becouse of ubuntu 17.10 I am using netplan.



# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# For more information, see netplan(5).
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: no
dhcp6: no
addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
gateway4: 192.168.0.1
wakeonlan: true
nameservers:
addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
enp1s10:
dhcp4: true
dhcp6: true


How I have to modify netplan??



Thanks for any help.










share|improve this question













I want to share network from enp1s9 with second interface enp1s10.
The same function in windows bridge adapter.
I was trying use bridge and bonds, but without succes.
Becouse of ubuntu 17.10 I am using netplan.



# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# For more information, see netplan(5).
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: no
dhcp6: no
addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
gateway4: 192.168.0.1
wakeonlan: true
nameservers:
addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
enp1s10:
dhcp4: true
dhcp6: true


How I have to modify netplan??



Thanks for any help.







networking server ethernet netplan






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Feb 17 at 9:48









Ondřej Ilichman

162




162











  • You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
    – Ken Sharp
    Feb 17 at 10:27










  • Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
    – dpb
    Apr 11 at 3:09
















  • You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
    – Ken Sharp
    Feb 17 at 10:27










  • Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
    – dpb
    Apr 11 at 3:09















You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
– Ken Sharp
Feb 17 at 10:27




You have no bridges stanzas which suggests that you have not bothered reading the manual. man 5 netplan people.canonical.com/~mtrudel/netplan
– Ken Sharp
Feb 17 at 10:27












Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
– dpb
Apr 11 at 3:09




Hi @Ondrej, welcome to askubuntu -- if one of the answers works for you, please accept it (even your own is fine)
– dpb
Apr 11 at 3:09










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













You need to define a bridge. As Ken Sharp posted, this is in the documentation.



network:
version: 2
renderer: networkd
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: false
enp1s10:
dhcp4: false
bridges:
br0:
interfaces: [ethernets]
dhcp4: true
parameters:
stp: false
forward-delay: 0


This should in theory work. I've not tested it, as I don't have a box with netplan avaialable.






share|improve this answer




















  • Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 11:16











  • Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 11:26










  • I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 13:33










  • It will be possible. Try it.
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 15:28

















up vote
1
down vote













# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# For more information, see netplan(5).
network:
version: 2
ethernets:
enp1s9:
dhcp4: false
dhcp6: false
addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
gateway4: 192.168.0.1
wakeonlan: true
nameservers:
addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
enp1s10:
dhcp4: true
bridges:
br0:
interfaces: [enp1s9, enp1s10]
dhcp4: true
parameters:
stp: false
forward-delay: 0





share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1007022%2fshare-network-with-second-ethernet-port-ubuntu-17-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote













    You need to define a bridge. As Ken Sharp posted, this is in the documentation.



    network:
    version: 2
    renderer: networkd
    ethernets:
    enp1s9:
    dhcp4: false
    enp1s10:
    dhcp4: false
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [ethernets]
    dhcp4: true
    parameters:
    stp: false
    forward-delay: 0


    This should in theory work. I've not tested it, as I don't have a box with netplan avaialable.






    share|improve this answer




















    • Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 11:16











    • Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 11:26










    • I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 13:33










    • It will be possible. Try it.
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 15:28














    up vote
    1
    down vote













    You need to define a bridge. As Ken Sharp posted, this is in the documentation.



    network:
    version: 2
    renderer: networkd
    ethernets:
    enp1s9:
    dhcp4: false
    enp1s10:
    dhcp4: false
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [ethernets]
    dhcp4: true
    parameters:
    stp: false
    forward-delay: 0


    This should in theory work. I've not tested it, as I don't have a box with netplan avaialable.






    share|improve this answer




















    • Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 11:16











    • Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 11:26










    • I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 13:33










    • It will be possible. Try it.
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 15:28












    up vote
    1
    down vote










    up vote
    1
    down vote









    You need to define a bridge. As Ken Sharp posted, this is in the documentation.



    network:
    version: 2
    renderer: networkd
    ethernets:
    enp1s9:
    dhcp4: false
    enp1s10:
    dhcp4: false
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [ethernets]
    dhcp4: true
    parameters:
    stp: false
    forward-delay: 0


    This should in theory work. I've not tested it, as I don't have a box with netplan avaialable.






    share|improve this answer












    You need to define a bridge. As Ken Sharp posted, this is in the documentation.



    network:
    version: 2
    renderer: networkd
    ethernets:
    enp1s9:
    dhcp4: false
    enp1s10:
    dhcp4: false
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [ethernets]
    dhcp4: true
    parameters:
    stp: false
    forward-delay: 0


    This should in theory work. I've not tested it, as I don't have a box with netplan avaialable.







    share|improve this answer












    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer










    answered Feb 17 at 11:00









    vidarlo

    7,21642140




    7,21642140











    • Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 11:16











    • Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 11:26










    • I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 13:33










    • It will be possible. Try it.
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 15:28
















    • Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 11:16











    • Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 11:26










    • I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
      – Ondřej Ilichman
      Feb 17 at 13:33










    • It will be possible. Try it.
      – vidarlo
      Feb 17 at 15:28















    Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 11:16





    Thanks, but I need to have enp1s9 stil available on defined IP.
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 11:16













    Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 11:26




    Why won't a IP on the bridge do?
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 11:26












    I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 13:33




    I need to acces for other services running on server. Will be it possible when I set IP on bridge?
    – Ondřej Ilichman
    Feb 17 at 13:33












    It will be possible. Try it.
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 15:28




    It will be possible. Try it.
    – vidarlo
    Feb 17 at 15:28












    up vote
    1
    down vote













    # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
    # For more information, see netplan(5).
    network:
    version: 2
    ethernets:
    enp1s9:
    dhcp4: false
    dhcp6: false
    addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
    gateway4: 192.168.0.1
    wakeonlan: true
    nameservers:
    addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
    enp1s10:
    dhcp4: true
    bridges:
    br0:
    interfaces: [enp1s9, enp1s10]
    dhcp4: true
    parameters:
    stp: false
    forward-delay: 0





    share|improve this answer


























      up vote
      1
      down vote













      # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
      # For more information, see netplan(5).
      network:
      version: 2
      ethernets:
      enp1s9:
      dhcp4: false
      dhcp6: false
      addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
      gateway4: 192.168.0.1
      wakeonlan: true
      nameservers:
      addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
      enp1s10:
      dhcp4: true
      bridges:
      br0:
      interfaces: [enp1s9, enp1s10]
      dhcp4: true
      parameters:
      stp: false
      forward-delay: 0





      share|improve this answer
























        up vote
        1
        down vote










        up vote
        1
        down vote









        # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
        # For more information, see netplan(5).
        network:
        version: 2
        ethernets:
        enp1s9:
        dhcp4: false
        dhcp6: false
        addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
        gateway4: 192.168.0.1
        wakeonlan: true
        nameservers:
        addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
        enp1s10:
        dhcp4: true
        bridges:
        br0:
        interfaces: [enp1s9, enp1s10]
        dhcp4: true
        parameters:
        stp: false
        forward-delay: 0





        share|improve this answer














        # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
        # For more information, see netplan(5).
        network:
        version: 2
        ethernets:
        enp1s9:
        dhcp4: false
        dhcp6: false
        addresses: [192.168.0.100/24]
        gateway4: 192.168.0.1
        wakeonlan: true
        nameservers:
        addresses: [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4]
        enp1s10:
        dhcp4: true
        bridges:
        br0:
        interfaces: [enp1s9, enp1s10]
        dhcp4: true
        parameters:
        stp: false
        forward-delay: 0






        share|improve this answer














        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited Feb 17 at 14:56

























        answered Feb 17 at 13:20









        Ondřej Ilichman

        162




        162



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1007022%2fshare-network-with-second-ethernet-port-ubuntu-17-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error