allow directory browsing in the apache2.conf file - not working

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am trying to allow directory browsing in the apache2.conf file, but when restarting the server, I get an error. This error make the web server crash and I can't get access to the localhost directory. So I have to remove this line of code again, to make server available. How can I allow directory browsing to a specific folder in my web server? Is it possible to allow directory access from the apache2.conf file?



Here is a clip from my code in Ubuntu:



enter image description here










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I am trying to allow directory browsing in the apache2.conf file, but when restarting the server, I get an error. This error make the web server crash and I can't get access to the localhost directory. So I have to remove this line of code again, to make server available. How can I allow directory browsing to a specific folder in my web server? Is it possible to allow directory access from the apache2.conf file?



    Here is a clip from my code in Ubuntu:



    enter image description here










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I am trying to allow directory browsing in the apache2.conf file, but when restarting the server, I get an error. This error make the web server crash and I can't get access to the localhost directory. So I have to remove this line of code again, to make server available. How can I allow directory browsing to a specific folder in my web server? Is it possible to allow directory access from the apache2.conf file?



      Here is a clip from my code in Ubuntu:



      enter image description here










      share|improve this question















      I am trying to allow directory browsing in the apache2.conf file, but when restarting the server, I get an error. This error make the web server crash and I can't get access to the localhost directory. So I have to remove this line of code again, to make server available. How can I allow directory browsing to a specific folder in my web server? Is it possible to allow directory access from the apache2.conf file?



      Here is a clip from my code in Ubuntu:



      enter image description here







      server apache2






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 16 at 14:05









      pa4080

      12.3k52357




      12.3k52357










      asked Feb 16 at 12:24







      user794322



























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted










          First of all there is a typo in your code. AllowOvveride should be AllowOverride.



          Here are few other tips:



          Alias /nytest /var/www/nytest # this directive will make the directory accessible at http://localgost/nytest in case that your DocumentRoot is not '/var/www/' but '/var/www/html/' as it is by default
          <Directory /var/www/nytest>
          Options +Indexes
          IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* # better appearance
          DirectoryIndex Disabled # disable the 'execution' of the index files
          AllowOverride None # disable .htaccess files
          AddType text/plain .html .htm .shtml .php .phtml .php5 # display these file types as plain text
          php_admin_flag engine off # don't run arbitrary PHP code; if you've other scripting languages, disable them too.
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          Require all granted
          </Directory>





          share|improve this answer






















          • Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
            – user794322
            Feb 16 at 15:19










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006774%2fallow-directory-browsing-in-the-apache2-conf-file-not-working%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest





























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted










          First of all there is a typo in your code. AllowOvveride should be AllowOverride.



          Here are few other tips:



          Alias /nytest /var/www/nytest # this directive will make the directory accessible at http://localgost/nytest in case that your DocumentRoot is not '/var/www/' but '/var/www/html/' as it is by default
          <Directory /var/www/nytest>
          Options +Indexes
          IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* # better appearance
          DirectoryIndex Disabled # disable the 'execution' of the index files
          AllowOverride None # disable .htaccess files
          AddType text/plain .html .htm .shtml .php .phtml .php5 # display these file types as plain text
          php_admin_flag engine off # don't run arbitrary PHP code; if you've other scripting languages, disable them too.
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          Require all granted
          </Directory>





          share|improve this answer






















          • Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
            – user794322
            Feb 16 at 15:19














          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted










          First of all there is a typo in your code. AllowOvveride should be AllowOverride.



          Here are few other tips:



          Alias /nytest /var/www/nytest # this directive will make the directory accessible at http://localgost/nytest in case that your DocumentRoot is not '/var/www/' but '/var/www/html/' as it is by default
          <Directory /var/www/nytest>
          Options +Indexes
          IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* # better appearance
          DirectoryIndex Disabled # disable the 'execution' of the index files
          AllowOverride None # disable .htaccess files
          AddType text/plain .html .htm .shtml .php .phtml .php5 # display these file types as plain text
          php_admin_flag engine off # don't run arbitrary PHP code; if you've other scripting languages, disable them too.
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          Require all granted
          </Directory>





          share|improve this answer






















          • Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
            – user794322
            Feb 16 at 15:19












          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted






          First of all there is a typo in your code. AllowOvveride should be AllowOverride.



          Here are few other tips:



          Alias /nytest /var/www/nytest # this directive will make the directory accessible at http://localgost/nytest in case that your DocumentRoot is not '/var/www/' but '/var/www/html/' as it is by default
          <Directory /var/www/nytest>
          Options +Indexes
          IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* # better appearance
          DirectoryIndex Disabled # disable the 'execution' of the index files
          AllowOverride None # disable .htaccess files
          AddType text/plain .html .htm .shtml .php .phtml .php5 # display these file types as plain text
          php_admin_flag engine off # don't run arbitrary PHP code; if you've other scripting languages, disable them too.
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          Require all granted
          </Directory>





          share|improve this answer














          First of all there is a typo in your code. AllowOvveride should be AllowOverride.



          Here are few other tips:



          Alias /nytest /var/www/nytest # this directive will make the directory accessible at http://localgost/nytest in case that your DocumentRoot is not '/var/www/' but '/var/www/html/' as it is by default
          <Directory /var/www/nytest>
          Options +Indexes
          IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=* # better appearance
          DirectoryIndex Disabled # disable the 'execution' of the index files
          AllowOverride None # disable .htaccess files
          AddType text/plain .html .htm .shtml .php .phtml .php5 # display these file types as plain text
          php_admin_flag engine off # don't run arbitrary PHP code; if you've other scripting languages, disable them too.
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          Require all granted
          </Directory>






          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Feb 16 at 14:27

























          answered Feb 16 at 14:09









          pa4080

          12.3k52357




          12.3k52357











          • Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
            – user794322
            Feb 16 at 15:19
















          • Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
            – user794322
            Feb 16 at 15:19















          Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
          – user794322
          Feb 16 at 15:19




          Thanks for the help. I tried it, but i get an error saying "You don't have permission to access / on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe". What could be the reason for this error, do i need to change the .htaccess file?
          – user794322
          Feb 16 at 15:19

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1006774%2fallow-directory-browsing-in-the-apache2-conf-file-not-working%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error