Unable to connect using OpenConnect or Cisco AnyConnect

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I followed the steps here to get Cisco AnyConnect: https://uci.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010201



After I type /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui, the Cisco AnyConnect GUI pops up. Cisco AnyConnect on Windows works for me. But on Ubuntu, for Connect to: , when I enter same the name I enter for Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, it gives the error



The VPN Connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution


When I enter the Gateway my company provided, I get



connection attempt has failed due to server communication errrors. please retry the connection


I then installed openconnect following the steps in this link: http://www.humans-enabled.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-ubuntu-linux-to-cisco.html



Under edit connections -> add -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN -> Create, I enter the company's gateway in Gateway and the DNS they provided in IPv4 Settings->Additional DNS servers



After I choose the VPN connection in VPN Connections, I get this:



SSL connection failure: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated. Failed to open HTTPS connection to [gateway]


can anyone help with this?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I followed the steps here to get Cisco AnyConnect: https://uci.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010201



    After I type /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui, the Cisco AnyConnect GUI pops up. Cisco AnyConnect on Windows works for me. But on Ubuntu, for Connect to: , when I enter same the name I enter for Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, it gives the error



    The VPN Connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution


    When I enter the Gateway my company provided, I get



    connection attempt has failed due to server communication errrors. please retry the connection


    I then installed openconnect following the steps in this link: http://www.humans-enabled.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-ubuntu-linux-to-cisco.html



    Under edit connections -> add -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN -> Create, I enter the company's gateway in Gateway and the DNS they provided in IPv4 Settings->Additional DNS servers



    After I choose the VPN connection in VPN Connections, I get this:



    SSL connection failure: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated. Failed to open HTTPS connection to [gateway]


    can anyone help with this?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I followed the steps here to get Cisco AnyConnect: https://uci.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010201



      After I type /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui, the Cisco AnyConnect GUI pops up. Cisco AnyConnect on Windows works for me. But on Ubuntu, for Connect to: , when I enter same the name I enter for Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, it gives the error



      The VPN Connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution


      When I enter the Gateway my company provided, I get



      connection attempt has failed due to server communication errrors. please retry the connection


      I then installed openconnect following the steps in this link: http://www.humans-enabled.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-ubuntu-linux-to-cisco.html



      Under edit connections -> add -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN -> Create, I enter the company's gateway in Gateway and the DNS they provided in IPv4 Settings->Additional DNS servers



      After I choose the VPN connection in VPN Connections, I get this:



      SSL connection failure: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated. Failed to open HTTPS connection to [gateway]


      can anyone help with this?







      share|improve this question












      I followed the steps here to get Cisco AnyConnect: https://uci.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010201



      After I type /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui, the Cisco AnyConnect GUI pops up. Cisco AnyConnect on Windows works for me. But on Ubuntu, for Connect to: , when I enter same the name I enter for Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, it gives the error



      The VPN Connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution


      When I enter the Gateway my company provided, I get



      connection attempt has failed due to server communication errrors. please retry the connection


      I then installed openconnect following the steps in this link: http://www.humans-enabled.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-ubuntu-linux-to-cisco.html



      Under edit connections -> add -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN -> Create, I enter the company's gateway in Gateway and the DNS they provided in IPv4 Settings->Additional DNS servers



      After I choose the VPN connection in VPN Connections, I get this:



      SSL connection failure: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated. Failed to open HTTPS connection to [gateway]


      can anyone help with this?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 19 at 23:23









      user5739619

      14139




      14139

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026546%2funable-to-connect-using-openconnect-or-cisco-anyconnect%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026546%2funable-to-connect-using-openconnect-or-cisco-anyconnect%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error