Ubuntu 17.10 does not display thumbnails for videos

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Though not a serious issue, it still bothers me. It displays thumbnails for images.
Example



I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails.







share|improve this question






















  • I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
    – pomsky
    Apr 19 at 17:31










  • I'll keep that in mind
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:53










  • Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
    – doug
    Apr 19 at 20:41











  • Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
    – HattinGokbori87
    May 10 at 19:13















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Though not a serious issue, it still bothers me. It displays thumbnails for images.
Example



I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails.







share|improve this question






















  • I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
    – pomsky
    Apr 19 at 17:31










  • I'll keep that in mind
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:53










  • Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
    – doug
    Apr 19 at 20:41











  • Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
    – HattinGokbori87
    May 10 at 19:13













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Though not a serious issue, it still bothers me. It displays thumbnails for images.
Example



I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails.







share|improve this question














Though not a serious issue, it still bothers me. It displays thumbnails for images.
Example



I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails.









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 19 at 17:29









pomsky

22.7k77097




22.7k77097










asked Apr 19 at 16:26









mohammed thaha jk

1




1











  • I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
    – pomsky
    Apr 19 at 17:31










  • I'll keep that in mind
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:53










  • Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
    – doug
    Apr 19 at 20:41











  • Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
    – HattinGokbori87
    May 10 at 19:13

















  • I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
    – pomsky
    Apr 19 at 17:31










  • I'll keep that in mind
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:53










  • Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
    – doug
    Apr 19 at 20:41











  • Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
    – HattinGokbori87
    May 10 at 19:13
















I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 16:27




I've also tried clearing thumbnails folder in ~/.cache/thumbnails
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 16:27












Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
– pomsky
Apr 19 at 17:31




Please don't add important info in comments, edit your question and add more details if needed.
– pomsky
Apr 19 at 17:31












I'll keep that in mind
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 17:53




I'll keep that in mind
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 17:53












Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
– doug
Apr 19 at 20:41





Try installing gstreamer1.0-libav that should take care of most. The gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly & gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages may be needed to get full coverage. You may need to remove the ~/.cache/thumbnails/fail folder after installing.
– doug
Apr 19 at 20:41













Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
– HattinGokbori87
May 10 at 19:13





Try installing ffmpegthumbnailer- sudo apt install ffmpegthumbnailer
– HattinGokbori87
May 10 at 19:13











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
2
down vote













Install/Reinstall The Totem media player:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge totem
sudo apt-get install totem



Clear the cache:



rm -r ~/.cache/thumbnails



The install of totem (which totem-common package is a part of) creates the thumbnail configuration file:



/usr/share/thumbnailers/totem.thumbnailer






share|improve this answer






















  • It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:56











  • @mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
    – stumblebee
    Apr 19 at 20:10










  • Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 20 at 12:59










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026453%2fubuntu-17-10-does-not-display-thumbnails-for-videos%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
2
down vote













Install/Reinstall The Totem media player:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge totem
sudo apt-get install totem



Clear the cache:



rm -r ~/.cache/thumbnails



The install of totem (which totem-common package is a part of) creates the thumbnail configuration file:



/usr/share/thumbnailers/totem.thumbnailer






share|improve this answer






















  • It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:56











  • @mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
    – stumblebee
    Apr 19 at 20:10










  • Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 20 at 12:59














up vote
2
down vote













Install/Reinstall The Totem media player:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge totem
sudo apt-get install totem



Clear the cache:



rm -r ~/.cache/thumbnails



The install of totem (which totem-common package is a part of) creates the thumbnail configuration file:



/usr/share/thumbnailers/totem.thumbnailer






share|improve this answer






















  • It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:56











  • @mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
    – stumblebee
    Apr 19 at 20:10










  • Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 20 at 12:59












up vote
2
down vote










up vote
2
down vote









Install/Reinstall The Totem media player:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge totem
sudo apt-get install totem



Clear the cache:



rm -r ~/.cache/thumbnails



The install of totem (which totem-common package is a part of) creates the thumbnail configuration file:



/usr/share/thumbnailers/totem.thumbnailer






share|improve this answer














Install/Reinstall The Totem media player:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge totem
sudo apt-get install totem



Clear the cache:



rm -r ~/.cache/thumbnails



The install of totem (which totem-common package is a part of) creates the thumbnail configuration file:



/usr/share/thumbnailers/totem.thumbnailer







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited Apr 19 at 20:27

























answered Apr 19 at 17:29









stumblebee

2,3083922




2,3083922











  • It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:56











  • @mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
    – stumblebee
    Apr 19 at 20:10










  • Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 20 at 12:59
















  • It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 19 at 17:56











  • @mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
    – stumblebee
    Apr 19 at 20:10










  • Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
    – mohammed thaha jk
    Apr 20 at 12:59















It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 17:56





It didn't work. Totem was already installed. I still tried clearing the cache
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 19 at 17:56













@mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
– stumblebee
Apr 19 at 20:10




@mohammedthahajk I updated my answer for reinstall.
– stumblebee
Apr 19 at 20:10












Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 20 at 12:59




Still doesn't work. Thanks anyways.
– mohammed thaha jk
Apr 20 at 12:59

















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026453%2fubuntu-17-10-does-not-display-thumbnails-for-videos%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error