Shell command to enable auto-hide launcher

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I know launcher can be set to auto hide through system settings. But I want to do this using a shell command. Is this possible? I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I know launcher can be set to auto hide through system settings. But I want to do this using a shell command. Is this possible? I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I know launcher can be set to auto hide through system settings. But I want to do this using a shell command. Is this possible? I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.







      share|improve this question












      I know launcher can be set to auto hide through system settings. But I want to do this using a shell command. Is this possible? I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 19 at 13:20









      aceph

      335




      335




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Try This One:



          gsettings set org.compiz.unityshell:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/ launcher-hide-mode 1





          share|improve this answer




















          • This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
            – aceph
            May 2 at 14:47










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026397%2fshell-command-to-enable-auto-hide-launcher%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Try This One:



          gsettings set org.compiz.unityshell:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/ launcher-hide-mode 1





          share|improve this answer




















          • This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
            – aceph
            May 2 at 14:47














          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Try This One:



          gsettings set org.compiz.unityshell:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/ launcher-hide-mode 1





          share|improve this answer




















          • This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
            – aceph
            May 2 at 14:47












          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted






          Try This One:



          gsettings set org.compiz.unityshell:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/ launcher-hide-mode 1





          share|improve this answer












          Try This One:



          gsettings set org.compiz.unityshell:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/ launcher-hide-mode 1






          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Apr 19 at 14:11









          F.Rahamim

          292112




          292112











          • This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
            – aceph
            May 2 at 14:47
















          • This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
            – aceph
            May 2 at 14:47















          This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
          – aceph
          May 2 at 14:47




          This is not working on Ubuntu 18.04.
          – aceph
          May 2 at 14:47

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026397%2fshell-command-to-enable-auto-hide-launcher%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error