Terminal can't be opened

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I met a problem that the ssh can't display a GUI software in a server. I changed the configuration of Xorg by modifying the file
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf
as follows:



[Seat:*]
xserver-command=X -core +iglx


So now comes the problem, I lost the terminal (it can't be open, I could only use tty mode the change configuration) even though I changed it back the initial config:



[Seat:*]
# Dump core
xserver-command=X -core






share|improve this question






















  • If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 19 at 14:01










  • It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
    – Zeliang Su
    May 23 at 14:52














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I met a problem that the ssh can't display a GUI software in a server. I changed the configuration of Xorg by modifying the file
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf
as follows:



[Seat:*]
xserver-command=X -core +iglx


So now comes the problem, I lost the terminal (it can't be open, I could only use tty mode the change configuration) even though I changed it back the initial config:



[Seat:*]
# Dump core
xserver-command=X -core






share|improve this question






















  • If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 19 at 14:01










  • It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
    – Zeliang Su
    May 23 at 14:52












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I met a problem that the ssh can't display a GUI software in a server. I changed the configuration of Xorg by modifying the file
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf
as follows:



[Seat:*]
xserver-command=X -core +iglx


So now comes the problem, I lost the terminal (it can't be open, I could only use tty mode the change configuration) even though I changed it back the initial config:



[Seat:*]
# Dump core
xserver-command=X -core






share|improve this question














I met a problem that the ssh can't display a GUI software in a server. I changed the configuration of Xorg by modifying the file
/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf
as follows:



[Seat:*]
xserver-command=X -core +iglx


So now comes the problem, I lost the terminal (it can't be open, I could only use tty mode the change configuration) even though I changed it back the initial config:



[Seat:*]
# Dump core
xserver-command=X -core








share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jul 4 at 10:07

























asked Apr 19 at 13:51









Zeliang Su

114




114











  • If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 19 at 14:01










  • It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
    – Zeliang Su
    May 23 at 14:52
















  • If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 19 at 14:01










  • It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
    – Zeliang Su
    May 23 at 14:52















If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
– George Udosen
Apr 19 at 14:01




If you restarted when you first changed it then that may be required again!
– George Udosen
Apr 19 at 14:01












It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
– Zeliang Su
May 23 at 14:52




It should be some interferences between some softwares that I installed. After reinstalled the Ubuntu, this GUI issue can be solved with my trick posted in my question.
– Zeliang Su
May 23 at 14:52










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










After struggling not to losing other important installations, I finally re-install the whole system and this trick by doing +iglx make the software appear without losing the Terminal.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026405%2fterminal-cant-be-opened%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote



    accepted










    After struggling not to losing other important installations, I finally re-install the whole system and this trick by doing +iglx make the software appear without losing the Terminal.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote



      accepted










      After struggling not to losing other important installations, I finally re-install the whole system and this trick by doing +iglx make the software appear without losing the Terminal.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted







        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted






        After struggling not to losing other important installations, I finally re-install the whole system and this trick by doing +iglx make the software appear without losing the Terminal.






        share|improve this answer












        After struggling not to losing other important installations, I finally re-install the whole system and this trick by doing +iglx make the software appear without losing the Terminal.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Jul 4 at 10:06









        Zeliang Su

        114




        114



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026405%2fterminal-cant-be-opened%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error