Incorrect resolution for second display after using NVidia Driver in Ubuntu 17.10

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am using:
Ubuntu 17.10
Driver: nvidia-384
Card: GTX770m.



1st Issue: after I upgraded to (nvidia-384) driver, the second display does not show the full resolution (1920x1080). And maximum shown resolution is (1360x768).



2nd issue: Screen mirror mode disappeared too.



enter image description here







share|improve this question




















  • have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:00










  • Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
    – KingAlmond
    Apr 29 at 0:01










  • This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:08














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am using:
Ubuntu 17.10
Driver: nvidia-384
Card: GTX770m.



1st Issue: after I upgraded to (nvidia-384) driver, the second display does not show the full resolution (1920x1080). And maximum shown resolution is (1360x768).



2nd issue: Screen mirror mode disappeared too.



enter image description here







share|improve this question




















  • have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:00










  • Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
    – KingAlmond
    Apr 29 at 0:01










  • This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:08












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I am using:
Ubuntu 17.10
Driver: nvidia-384
Card: GTX770m.



1st Issue: after I upgraded to (nvidia-384) driver, the second display does not show the full resolution (1920x1080). And maximum shown resolution is (1360x768).



2nd issue: Screen mirror mode disappeared too.



enter image description here







share|improve this question












I am using:
Ubuntu 17.10
Driver: nvidia-384
Card: GTX770m.



1st Issue: after I upgraded to (nvidia-384) driver, the second display does not show the full resolution (1920x1080). And maximum shown resolution is (1360x768).



2nd issue: Screen mirror mode disappeared too.



enter image description here









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 19 at 18:50









KingAlmond

564




564











  • have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:00










  • Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
    – KingAlmond
    Apr 29 at 0:01










  • This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:08
















  • have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:00










  • Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
    – KingAlmond
    Apr 29 at 0:01










  • This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
    – Vardogor
    Apr 29 at 0:08















have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
– Vardogor
Apr 29 at 0:00




have you tried updating the driver to nvidia-390? they possibly could have fixed some display detection issues.
– Vardogor
Apr 29 at 0:00












Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
– KingAlmond
Apr 29 at 0:01




Yes i upgraded to 18.04 yesterday which upgraded the driver, however still the same issue
– KingAlmond
Apr 29 at 0:01












This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
– Vardogor
Apr 29 at 0:08




This is more of a temporary workaround so I won't post it as an answer, but you might be able to simply force it using these steps.
– Vardogor
Apr 29 at 0:08















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026492%2fincorrect-resolution-for-second-display-after-using-nvidia-driver-in-ubuntu-17-1%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026492%2fincorrect-resolution-for-second-display-after-using-nvidia-driver-in-ubuntu-17-1%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error