How to install add-ons in MS Office (Wine)

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I am forced to use MS Office 2010 through Wine in order to colaborate with my colleagues who all use MS Office. I would like to know if, and how I can install Plugins for Word in Wine. Specifically I need the Mendeley Plugin (citation software) and the Grammarly Plugin (grammar correction). A general solution that helps me to figure it out myself would be welcome as well.



I saw this post detailing how to install the Jedox Plugin for Excel in Wine. So I think, that in theory, this should be also possible for other Plugins, however, information and tutorials are extremly sparse.



Please do not suggest me LibreOffice as an alternative. I am trying to use the LibreOffice workaround for several years now and I have constantly problems with the compatability. This is especially the case for using Mendeley citations which are not correctly imported and exported.







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
    – N0rbert
    Apr 19 at 9:08











  • @N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
    – joaoal
    Apr 20 at 13:35














up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I am forced to use MS Office 2010 through Wine in order to colaborate with my colleagues who all use MS Office. I would like to know if, and how I can install Plugins for Word in Wine. Specifically I need the Mendeley Plugin (citation software) and the Grammarly Plugin (grammar correction). A general solution that helps me to figure it out myself would be welcome as well.



I saw this post detailing how to install the Jedox Plugin for Excel in Wine. So I think, that in theory, this should be also possible for other Plugins, however, information and tutorials are extremly sparse.



Please do not suggest me LibreOffice as an alternative. I am trying to use the LibreOffice workaround for several years now and I have constantly problems with the compatability. This is especially the case for using Mendeley citations which are not correctly imported and exported.







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
    – N0rbert
    Apr 19 at 9:08











  • @N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
    – joaoal
    Apr 20 at 13:35












up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











I am forced to use MS Office 2010 through Wine in order to colaborate with my colleagues who all use MS Office. I would like to know if, and how I can install Plugins for Word in Wine. Specifically I need the Mendeley Plugin (citation software) and the Grammarly Plugin (grammar correction). A general solution that helps me to figure it out myself would be welcome as well.



I saw this post detailing how to install the Jedox Plugin for Excel in Wine. So I think, that in theory, this should be also possible for other Plugins, however, information and tutorials are extremly sparse.



Please do not suggest me LibreOffice as an alternative. I am trying to use the LibreOffice workaround for several years now and I have constantly problems with the compatability. This is especially the case for using Mendeley citations which are not correctly imported and exported.







share|improve this question












I am forced to use MS Office 2010 through Wine in order to colaborate with my colleagues who all use MS Office. I would like to know if, and how I can install Plugins for Word in Wine. Specifically I need the Mendeley Plugin (citation software) and the Grammarly Plugin (grammar correction). A general solution that helps me to figure it out myself would be welcome as well.



I saw this post detailing how to install the Jedox Plugin for Excel in Wine. So I think, that in theory, this should be also possible for other Plugins, however, information and tutorials are extremly sparse.



Please do not suggest me LibreOffice as an alternative. I am trying to use the LibreOffice workaround for several years now and I have constantly problems with the compatability. This is especially the case for using Mendeley citations which are not correctly imported and exported.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 19 at 8:57









joaoal

274312




274312







  • 1




    I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
    – N0rbert
    Apr 19 at 9:08











  • @N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
    – joaoal
    Apr 20 at 13:35












  • 1




    I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
    – N0rbert
    Apr 19 at 9:08











  • @N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
    – joaoal
    Apr 20 at 13:35







1




1




I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
– N0rbert
Apr 19 at 9:08





I'm not completely sure, but Mendeley Plugin seems to be not working on Wine. You can test it yourself. WineAppdb does not mention Grammarly, so you can try it yourself.
– N0rbert
Apr 19 at 9:08













@N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
– joaoal
Apr 20 at 13:35




@N0rbert. Thanks for your suggestion. How can I test it myself? Is there a general way to install plugins and test if they work?
– joaoal
Apr 20 at 13:35















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026335%2fhow-to-install-add-ons-in-ms-office-wine%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026335%2fhow-to-install-add-ons-in-ms-office-wine%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error