Thinkpad P50s keyboard stop working with MATE 16.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












When I opened my computer today, everything was fine. At some point, my keyboard just stopped working on the desktop. I can log in, but as soon as I get to the desktop, it stops working. all of the lights work well, and I can turn on the brightness, but neither restarting or using an earlier kernel is fixing the issue. I have a feeling that it has something to do with sticky keys, but I can't find anything about it in the settings.







share|improve this question




















  • write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 18:02











  • yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
    – M. Loewenthal
    Apr 19 at 19:22










  • Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 19:37















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












When I opened my computer today, everything was fine. At some point, my keyboard just stopped working on the desktop. I can log in, but as soon as I get to the desktop, it stops working. all of the lights work well, and I can turn on the brightness, but neither restarting or using an earlier kernel is fixing the issue. I have a feeling that it has something to do with sticky keys, but I can't find anything about it in the settings.







share|improve this question




















  • write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 18:02











  • yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
    – M. Loewenthal
    Apr 19 at 19:22










  • Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 19:37













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











When I opened my computer today, everything was fine. At some point, my keyboard just stopped working on the desktop. I can log in, but as soon as I get to the desktop, it stops working. all of the lights work well, and I can turn on the brightness, but neither restarting or using an earlier kernel is fixing the issue. I have a feeling that it has something to do with sticky keys, but I can't find anything about it in the settings.







share|improve this question












When I opened my computer today, everything was fine. At some point, my keyboard just stopped working on the desktop. I can log in, but as soon as I get to the desktop, it stops working. all of the lights work well, and I can turn on the brightness, but neither restarting or using an earlier kernel is fixing the issue. I have a feeling that it has something to do with sticky keys, but I can't find anything about it in the settings.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 19 at 17:55









M. Loewenthal

705




705











  • write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 18:02











  • yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
    – M. Loewenthal
    Apr 19 at 19:22










  • Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 19:37

















  • write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 18:02











  • yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
    – M. Loewenthal
    Apr 19 at 19:22










  • Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
    – F.Rahamim
    Apr 19 at 19:37
















write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
– F.Rahamim
Apr 19 at 18:02





write the next command: dmesg | grep keyboard And paste the output here
– F.Rahamim
Apr 19 at 18:02













yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
– M. Loewenthal
Apr 19 at 19:22




yeah, so I can't press the enter key, so I can't really run commands.
– M. Loewenthal
Apr 19 at 19:22












Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
– F.Rahamim
Apr 19 at 19:37





Turn on On screen keyboard: Go to system settings --> Universal Access --> Typing Tab --> On sreen keyboard
– F.Rahamim
Apr 19 at 19:37
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026476%2fthinkpad-p50s-keyboard-stop-working-with-mate-16-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026476%2fthinkpad-p50s-keyboard-stop-working-with-mate-16-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error