I can't install or remove any apps

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I get a notification for updating libreoffice, but I have deleted libreoffice and install openoffice many times ago,so when i want to install or remove any apps I get this error:



You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The
following packages have unmet dependencies: libreoffice : Depends:
fonts-sil-gentium-basic but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-base but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-java-common (>= 1:5.1.6~rc2~) but it is not going to be installed libreoffice-core : Depends:
libreoffice-common (> 1:5.1.6~rc2) but it is not going to be installed
libreoffice-ogltrans : Depends: libreoffice-common but it is not going
to be installed libreoffice-style-elementary : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-galaxy : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-tango : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install'
with no packages (or specify a solution).


I can't install synaptic to solve this error, because I get this again!
Note: I have tried sudo apt-get -f install but I get this error again!
How can I solve it!?







share|improve this question






















  • try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:09










  • how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:18











  • it solved!thank you!
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • no problem, can you mark the answer below?
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:34














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I get a notification for updating libreoffice, but I have deleted libreoffice and install openoffice many times ago,so when i want to install or remove any apps I get this error:



You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The
following packages have unmet dependencies: libreoffice : Depends:
fonts-sil-gentium-basic but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-base but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-java-common (>= 1:5.1.6~rc2~) but it is not going to be installed libreoffice-core : Depends:
libreoffice-common (> 1:5.1.6~rc2) but it is not going to be installed
libreoffice-ogltrans : Depends: libreoffice-common but it is not going
to be installed libreoffice-style-elementary : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-galaxy : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-tango : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install'
with no packages (or specify a solution).


I can't install synaptic to solve this error, because I get this again!
Note: I have tried sudo apt-get -f install but I get this error again!
How can I solve it!?







share|improve this question






















  • try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:09










  • how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:18











  • it solved!thank you!
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • no problem, can you mark the answer below?
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:34












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I get a notification for updating libreoffice, but I have deleted libreoffice and install openoffice many times ago,so when i want to install or remove any apps I get this error:



You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The
following packages have unmet dependencies: libreoffice : Depends:
fonts-sil-gentium-basic but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-base but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-java-common (>= 1:5.1.6~rc2~) but it is not going to be installed libreoffice-core : Depends:
libreoffice-common (> 1:5.1.6~rc2) but it is not going to be installed
libreoffice-ogltrans : Depends: libreoffice-common but it is not going
to be installed libreoffice-style-elementary : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-galaxy : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-tango : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install'
with no packages (or specify a solution).


I can't install synaptic to solve this error, because I get this again!
Note: I have tried sudo apt-get -f install but I get this error again!
How can I solve it!?







share|improve this question














I get a notification for updating libreoffice, but I have deleted libreoffice and install openoffice many times ago,so when i want to install or remove any apps I get this error:



You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The
following packages have unmet dependencies: libreoffice : Depends:
fonts-sil-gentium-basic but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-base but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-report-builder-bin but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libreoffice-java-common (>= 1:5.1.6~rc2~) but it is not going to be installed libreoffice-core : Depends:
libreoffice-common (> 1:5.1.6~rc2) but it is not going to be installed
libreoffice-ogltrans : Depends: libreoffice-common but it is not going
to be installed libreoffice-style-elementary : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-galaxy : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed libreoffice-style-tango : Depends:
libreoffice-common (= 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial3) but it is not
going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install'
with no packages (or specify a solution).


I can't install synaptic to solve this error, because I get this again!
Note: I have tried sudo apt-get -f install but I get this error again!
How can I solve it!?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 19 at 14:23









anonymous2

3,14541746




3,14541746










asked Apr 19 at 14:11









sasanalem

31




31











  • try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:09










  • how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:18











  • it solved!thank you!
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • no problem, can you mark the answer below?
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:34
















  • try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:09










  • how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:18











  • it solved!thank you!
    – sasanalem
    Apr 19 at 16:27










  • no problem, can you mark the answer below?
    – Glenn van Acker
    Apr 19 at 16:34















try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
– Glenn van Acker
Apr 19 at 16:09




try sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
– Glenn van Acker
Apr 19 at 16:09












how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
– sasanalem
Apr 19 at 16:18





how can i resolve these dependencies? //// libreoffice-ogltrans//// ////libreoffice-style-galaxy//// //// libreoffice-core//// //// libreoffice-calc//// /// libreoffice-style-elementary//// /// python3-uno//// ////libreoffice-style-tango//// //// libreoffice-gnome///// ////libreoffice-pdfimport//// /// libreoffice-gtk//// /// libreoffice-draw/// /// unoconv/// /// libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer//// ///libreoffice-writer/// ////libreoffice-impress/// //// libreoffice-math//// /// libreoffice-base-core////
– sasanalem
Apr 19 at 16:18













it solved!thank you!
– sasanalem
Apr 19 at 16:27




it solved!thank you!
– sasanalem
Apr 19 at 16:27












no problem, can you mark the answer below?
– Glenn van Acker
Apr 19 at 16:34




no problem, can you mark the answer below?
– Glenn van Acker
Apr 19 at 16:34










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
more information on dpkg can be found in the ubuntu manpages:
dpkg manpages






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026408%2fi-cant-install-or-remove-any-apps%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote



    accepted










    sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
    more information on dpkg can be found in the ubuntu manpages:
    dpkg manpages






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote



      accepted










      sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
      more information on dpkg can be found in the ubuntu manpages:
      dpkg manpages






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted







        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted






        sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
        more information on dpkg can be found in the ubuntu manpages:
        dpkg manpages






        share|improve this answer












        sudo dpkg --configure -a to try and resolve those broken dependencies.
        more information on dpkg can be found in the ubuntu manpages:
        dpkg manpages







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Apr 19 at 16:34









        Glenn van Acker

        775




        775



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026408%2fi-cant-install-or-remove-any-apps%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error