How to use php7.0-fpm and php5.6-fpm concurrently on same server, but different vhosts?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and Apache 2.4.29



I used a guide to install php7.0-fpm and get my server set up on HTTP/2:



How to Enable HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04



These are the changes made based on the guide:



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/apache2
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install php7.0-fpm
sudo a2enmod proxy_fcgi setenvif
sudo a2enconf php7.0-fpm
sudo a2dismod php7.0
sudo service apache2 restart
sudo a2dismod mpm_prefork
sudo a2enmod mpm_event
sudo service apache2 restart
sudo service php7.0-fpm restart


However, I have one old site that is not compatible with php7.0. Instead, I need just this one site to run on php 5.6. I tried installing and enabling php5.6-fpm based on various guides on the internet, but can't get it working.



I would like to install php5.6-fpm (or whatever 5.6 version works), and add a few lines to the Virtual Host file or .htaccess (whichever is easiest), and have just this one site work with php5.6-fpm without a huge overhaul project. At the same time, I don't want to change or mess up anything with my php7.0 sites.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and Apache 2.4.29



    I used a guide to install php7.0-fpm and get my server set up on HTTP/2:



    How to Enable HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04



    These are the changes made based on the guide:



    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/apache2
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade

    sudo apt install php7.0-fpm
    sudo a2enmod proxy_fcgi setenvif
    sudo a2enconf php7.0-fpm
    sudo a2dismod php7.0
    sudo service apache2 restart
    sudo a2dismod mpm_prefork
    sudo a2enmod mpm_event
    sudo service apache2 restart
    sudo service php7.0-fpm restart


    However, I have one old site that is not compatible with php7.0. Instead, I need just this one site to run on php 5.6. I tried installing and enabling php5.6-fpm based on various guides on the internet, but can't get it working.



    I would like to install php5.6-fpm (or whatever 5.6 version works), and add a few lines to the Virtual Host file or .htaccess (whichever is easiest), and have just this one site work with php5.6-fpm without a huge overhaul project. At the same time, I don't want to change or mess up anything with my php7.0 sites.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and Apache 2.4.29



      I used a guide to install php7.0-fpm and get my server set up on HTTP/2:



      How to Enable HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04



      These are the changes made based on the guide:



      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/apache2
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt upgrade

      sudo apt install php7.0-fpm
      sudo a2enmod proxy_fcgi setenvif
      sudo a2enconf php7.0-fpm
      sudo a2dismod php7.0
      sudo service apache2 restart
      sudo a2dismod mpm_prefork
      sudo a2enmod mpm_event
      sudo service apache2 restart
      sudo service php7.0-fpm restart


      However, I have one old site that is not compatible with php7.0. Instead, I need just this one site to run on php 5.6. I tried installing and enabling php5.6-fpm based on various guides on the internet, but can't get it working.



      I would like to install php5.6-fpm (or whatever 5.6 version works), and add a few lines to the Virtual Host file or .htaccess (whichever is easiest), and have just this one site work with php5.6-fpm without a huge overhaul project. At the same time, I don't want to change or mess up anything with my php7.0 sites.










      share|improve this question















      I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and Apache 2.4.29



      I used a guide to install php7.0-fpm and get my server set up on HTTP/2:



      How to Enable HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04



      These are the changes made based on the guide:



      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/apache2
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt upgrade

      sudo apt install php7.0-fpm
      sudo a2enmod proxy_fcgi setenvif
      sudo a2enconf php7.0-fpm
      sudo a2dismod php7.0
      sudo service apache2 restart
      sudo a2dismod mpm_prefork
      sudo a2enmod mpm_event
      sudo service apache2 restart
      sudo service php7.0-fpm restart


      However, I have one old site that is not compatible with php7.0. Instead, I need just this one site to run on php 5.6. I tried installing and enabling php5.6-fpm based on various guides on the internet, but can't get it working.



      I would like to install php5.6-fpm (or whatever 5.6 version works), and add a few lines to the Virtual Host file or .htaccess (whichever is easiest), and have just this one site work with php5.6-fpm without a huge overhaul project. At the same time, I don't want to change or mess up anything with my php7.0 sites.







      16.04 apache2 php






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 27 at 22:59









      Drakonoved

      7421515




      7421515










      asked Feb 27 at 22:46









      peppy

      63




      63

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1010437%2fhow-to-use-php7-0-fpm-and-php5-6-fpm-concurrently-on-same-server-but-different%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1010437%2fhow-to-use-php7-0-fpm-and-php5-6-fpm-concurrently-on-same-server-but-different%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error