ubuntu-desktop doesn't work in Ubuntu 17.10 [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?

    32 answers



I've installed the Ubuntu Artful (17.10) --- ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso on my X86 server.



Now I need the desktop environment so I try to install the desktop:



apt update && apt install ubuntu-desktop && reboot


However, I get an interface as below:
enter image description here



In fact, it seems to work. I think this is the login interface... Besides, when I get such an interface, I have been able to ssh on the server, which means that the system has booted successfully.



How to fix this issue? I executed the same commands as above to install the desktop for Ubuntu 16.04 and it worked.










share|improve this question













marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Eric Carvalho, user535733, ravery, Charles Green Feb 28 at 14:50


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


















    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite













    This question already has an answer here:



    • My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?

      32 answers



    I've installed the Ubuntu Artful (17.10) --- ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso on my X86 server.



    Now I need the desktop environment so I try to install the desktop:



    apt update && apt install ubuntu-desktop && reboot


    However, I get an interface as below:
    enter image description here



    In fact, it seems to work. I think this is the login interface... Besides, when I get such an interface, I have been able to ssh on the server, which means that the system has booted successfully.



    How to fix this issue? I executed the same commands as above to install the desktop for Ubuntu 16.04 and it worked.










    share|improve this question













    marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Eric Carvalho, user535733, ravery, Charles Green Feb 28 at 14:50


    This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.
















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite












      This question already has an answer here:



      • My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?

        32 answers



      I've installed the Ubuntu Artful (17.10) --- ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso on my X86 server.



      Now I need the desktop environment so I try to install the desktop:



      apt update && apt install ubuntu-desktop && reboot


      However, I get an interface as below:
      enter image description here



      In fact, it seems to work. I think this is the login interface... Besides, when I get such an interface, I have been able to ssh on the server, which means that the system has booted successfully.



      How to fix this issue? I executed the same commands as above to install the desktop for Ubuntu 16.04 and it worked.










      share|improve this question














      This question already has an answer here:



      • My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?

        32 answers



      I've installed the Ubuntu Artful (17.10) --- ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso on my X86 server.



      Now I need the desktop environment so I try to install the desktop:



      apt update && apt install ubuntu-desktop && reboot


      However, I get an interface as below:
      enter image description here



      In fact, it seems to work. I think this is the login interface... Besides, when I get such an interface, I have been able to ssh on the server, which means that the system has booted successfully.



      How to fix this issue? I executed the same commands as above to install the desktop for Ubuntu 16.04 and it worked.





      This question already has an answer here:



      • My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?

        32 answers







      gnome desktop-environments






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Feb 27 at 3:11









      Yves

      335315




      335315




      marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Eric Carvalho, user535733, ravery, Charles Green Feb 28 at 14:50


      This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






      marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Eric Carvalho, user535733, ravery, Charles Green Feb 28 at 14:50


      This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          Installing the LightDM display manager to replace the default GDM3 can solve this problem:



          apt install lightdm





          share|improve this answer





























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote



            accepted










            Installing the LightDM display manager to replace the default GDM3 can solve this problem:



            apt install lightdm





            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              1
              down vote



              accepted










              Installing the LightDM display manager to replace the default GDM3 can solve this problem:



              apt install lightdm





              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted






                Installing the LightDM display manager to replace the default GDM3 can solve this problem:



                apt install lightdm





                share|improve this answer














                Installing the LightDM display manager to replace the default GDM3 can solve this problem:



                apt install lightdm






                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Feb 27 at 6:40









                David Foerster

                26.4k1362106




                26.4k1362106










                answered Feb 27 at 5:32









                Yves

                335315




                335315












                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error