Unity Top Bar and Launcher disappeared Feb 24/2018 [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears

    34 answers



  • Ubuntu Menu and Launcher not showing after 2/16/2018 update [duplicate]

    1 answer



  • 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity

    4 answers



I had run apt upgrade a couple of days back, and restarted my PC a while after, when the top bar and the launcher disappeared.
I have tried all the following solutions, but none of them worked:



  1. Reinstall ubuntu-desktop


  2. Removed Unity entirely and reinstalled it again.


  3. Using dconf reset and setsid unity

  4. Enable Ubuntu Unity Plugin

  5. Running unity --reset or initctl restart unity-panel-service just flashes the top bar and the launcher and disappears again.

  6. Removing the compiz-1 folder

  7. Removing the .compiz folder

EDIT:



  1. All upgrades installed + compiz-core is already the newest version(20170630)

I have been searching for solutions for days now without any luck. Although the above solutions have been working for others, none of them seem to work for me. How do I fix this?



Currently running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Zanna, Eric Carvalho, Volker Siegel, karel Mar 6 at 20:56


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:07










  • The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:21







  • 1




    @N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:32











  • What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:39










  • uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:44















up vote
2
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears

    34 answers



  • Ubuntu Menu and Launcher not showing after 2/16/2018 update [duplicate]

    1 answer



  • 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity

    4 answers



I had run apt upgrade a couple of days back, and restarted my PC a while after, when the top bar and the launcher disappeared.
I have tried all the following solutions, but none of them worked:



  1. Reinstall ubuntu-desktop


  2. Removed Unity entirely and reinstalled it again.


  3. Using dconf reset and setsid unity

  4. Enable Ubuntu Unity Plugin

  5. Running unity --reset or initctl restart unity-panel-service just flashes the top bar and the launcher and disappears again.

  6. Removing the compiz-1 folder

  7. Removing the .compiz folder

EDIT:



  1. All upgrades installed + compiz-core is already the newest version(20170630)

I have been searching for solutions for days now without any luck. Although the above solutions have been working for others, none of them seem to work for me. How do I fix this?



Currently running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Zanna, Eric Carvalho, Volker Siegel, karel Mar 6 at 20:56


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.










  • 1




    Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:07










  • The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:21







  • 1




    @N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:32











  • What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:39










  • uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:44













up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite












This question already has an answer here:



  • Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears

    34 answers



  • Ubuntu Menu and Launcher not showing after 2/16/2018 update [duplicate]

    1 answer



  • 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity

    4 answers



I had run apt upgrade a couple of days back, and restarted my PC a while after, when the top bar and the launcher disappeared.
I have tried all the following solutions, but none of them worked:



  1. Reinstall ubuntu-desktop


  2. Removed Unity entirely and reinstalled it again.


  3. Using dconf reset and setsid unity

  4. Enable Ubuntu Unity Plugin

  5. Running unity --reset or initctl restart unity-panel-service just flashes the top bar and the launcher and disappears again.

  6. Removing the compiz-1 folder

  7. Removing the .compiz folder

EDIT:



  1. All upgrades installed + compiz-core is already the newest version(20170630)

I have been searching for solutions for days now without any luck. Although the above solutions have been working for others, none of them seem to work for me. How do I fix this?



Currently running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.










share|improve this question
















This question already has an answer here:



  • Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears

    34 answers



  • Ubuntu Menu and Launcher not showing after 2/16/2018 update [duplicate]

    1 answer



  • 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity

    4 answers



I had run apt upgrade a couple of days back, and restarted my PC a while after, when the top bar and the launcher disappeared.
I have tried all the following solutions, but none of them worked:



  1. Reinstall ubuntu-desktop


  2. Removed Unity entirely and reinstalled it again.


  3. Using dconf reset and setsid unity

  4. Enable Ubuntu Unity Plugin

  5. Running unity --reset or initctl restart unity-panel-service just flashes the top bar and the launcher and disappears again.

  6. Removing the compiz-1 folder

  7. Removing the .compiz folder

EDIT:



  1. All upgrades installed + compiz-core is already the newest version(20170630)

I have been searching for solutions for days now without any luck. Although the above solutions have been working for others, none of them seem to work for me. How do I fix this?



Currently running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.





This question already has an answer here:



  • Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears

    34 answers



  • Ubuntu Menu and Launcher not showing after 2/16/2018 update [duplicate]

    1 answer



  • 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity

    4 answers







16.04 unity compiz






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 26 at 18:34









WinEunuuchs2Unix

36.2k759134




36.2k759134










asked Feb 26 at 17:54









Samvid

115




115




marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Zanna, Eric Carvalho, Volker Siegel, karel Mar 6 at 20:56


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by David Foerster, Zanna, Eric Carvalho, Volker Siegel, karel Mar 6 at 20:56


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.









  • 1




    Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:07










  • The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:21







  • 1




    @N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:32











  • What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:39










  • uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:44













  • 1




    Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:07










  • The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:21







  • 1




    @N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:32











  • What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
    – WinEunuuchs2Unix
    Feb 26 at 18:39










  • uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
    – Samvid
    Feb 26 at 18:44








1




1




Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:07




Please check out the duplicate posted by @N0rbert and let us know if it fixes it or not.
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:07












The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
– Samvid
Feb 26 at 18:21





The issue persists. On going through related questions, I came across askubuntu.com/questions/1006592/…, where on running apt-get dist-upgrade, the 'The following packages will be REMOVED: ubuntu-desktop unity unity-tweak-tool' warning was triggered. This did NOT happen in my case, if that makes any difference.
– Samvid
Feb 26 at 18:21





1




1




@N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:32





@N0rbert Can you read OP comment above and consider retracting your VTC or asking OP for additional details about duplicate qualification please?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:32













What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:39




What kernel version are you using? uname -r will report it. Can you boot to an earlier kernel version in Grub's Advanced Options menu to see if another version works?
– WinEunuuchs2Unix
Feb 26 at 18:39












uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
– Samvid
Feb 26 at 18:44





uname -r gives 4.4.0-116-generic. I will try booting to an earlier kernel version now, if possible, and see if that fixes anything. EDIT: Booted to 4.4.0-112-generic. The issue persists.
– Samvid
Feb 26 at 18:44











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













Update: Yesterday I tried advice from WinEunuuchs2Unix answer in ubuntu-menu-and-launcher-not-showing-after-2-16-2018-update and it fixed the problem in my case.



rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/* 


I have tried to remove it before, but nothing changed. And just after mesa downgrade, and then removing compiz config files Unity panels come back to their usual places. But I still can't understand what was the main cause of crashing.






share|improve this answer




















  • How did you downgrade mesa?
    – Samvid
    Feb 28 at 20:23










  • I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:21










  • I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:24










  • Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:30










  • Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
    – Samvid
    Mar 1 at 10:07

















1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
0
down vote













Update: Yesterday I tried advice from WinEunuuchs2Unix answer in ubuntu-menu-and-launcher-not-showing-after-2-16-2018-update and it fixed the problem in my case.



rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/* 


I have tried to remove it before, but nothing changed. And just after mesa downgrade, and then removing compiz config files Unity panels come back to their usual places. But I still can't understand what was the main cause of crashing.






share|improve this answer




















  • How did you downgrade mesa?
    – Samvid
    Feb 28 at 20:23










  • I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:21










  • I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:24










  • Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:30










  • Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
    – Samvid
    Mar 1 at 10:07














up vote
0
down vote













Update: Yesterday I tried advice from WinEunuuchs2Unix answer in ubuntu-menu-and-launcher-not-showing-after-2-16-2018-update and it fixed the problem in my case.



rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/* 


I have tried to remove it before, but nothing changed. And just after mesa downgrade, and then removing compiz config files Unity panels come back to their usual places. But I still can't understand what was the main cause of crashing.






share|improve this answer




















  • How did you downgrade mesa?
    – Samvid
    Feb 28 at 20:23










  • I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:21










  • I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:24










  • Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:30










  • Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
    – Samvid
    Mar 1 at 10:07












up vote
0
down vote










up vote
0
down vote









Update: Yesterday I tried advice from WinEunuuchs2Unix answer in ubuntu-menu-and-launcher-not-showing-after-2-16-2018-update and it fixed the problem in my case.



rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/* 


I have tried to remove it before, but nothing changed. And just after mesa downgrade, and then removing compiz config files Unity panels come back to their usual places. But I still can't understand what was the main cause of crashing.






share|improve this answer












Update: Yesterday I tried advice from WinEunuuchs2Unix answer in ubuntu-menu-and-launcher-not-showing-after-2-16-2018-update and it fixed the problem in my case.



rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/* 


I have tried to remove it before, but nothing changed. And just after mesa downgrade, and then removing compiz config files Unity panels come back to their usual places. But I still can't understand what was the main cause of crashing.







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Feb 28 at 14:03









edyatl

12




12











  • How did you downgrade mesa?
    – Samvid
    Feb 28 at 20:23










  • I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:21










  • I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:24










  • Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:30










  • Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
    – Samvid
    Mar 1 at 10:07
















  • How did you downgrade mesa?
    – Samvid
    Feb 28 at 20:23










  • I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:21










  • I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:24










  • Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
    – edyatl
    Mar 1 at 8:30










  • Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
    – Samvid
    Mar 1 at 10:07















How did you downgrade mesa?
– Samvid
Feb 28 at 20:23




How did you downgrade mesa?
– Samvid
Feb 28 at 20:23












I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:21




I download debs from launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2/… and then organized local repo for mesa. And then sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 ...
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:21












I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:24




I made local repo to prevent broken dependenses, but somebody just used dpkg -i pack_name.deb
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:24












Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:30




Packages: sudo apt-get install libgbm1=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libegl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libwayland-egl1-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 mesa-common-dev=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libglapi-mesa:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libgles2-mesa=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 libosmesa6:i386=17.0.7-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
– edyatl
Mar 1 at 8:30












Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
– Samvid
Mar 1 at 10:07




Just downgraded mesa using the above instructions , and ran rm -rf ~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/*. Still no luck. I have also tried downgrading compiz-core-abiversion-20170630 to compiz-core-abiversion-20160415 and removed compiz config files. No luck again.
– Samvid
Mar 1 at 10:07


Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error