How to re-enable display after using unset DISPLAY

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I recently installed ubuntu 17.10.1 after previously messing it up.So while I was reinstalling Android Studio I faced an issue where it refused to install.After following some tutorial I found out that the issue was running their installer script as Super User but before that another one had mislead me into using this command "unset DISPLAY" so now I can access my display devices and I badly need the night light feature.Please help.



Here is a screenshot of what I get in the display devices panel.Yet before using the command I could access it.link here










share|improve this question

























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I recently installed ubuntu 17.10.1 after previously messing it up.So while I was reinstalling Android Studio I faced an issue where it refused to install.After following some tutorial I found out that the issue was running their installer script as Super User but before that another one had mislead me into using this command "unset DISPLAY" so now I can access my display devices and I badly need the night light feature.Please help.



    Here is a screenshot of what I get in the display devices panel.Yet before using the command I could access it.link here










    share|improve this question























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I recently installed ubuntu 17.10.1 after previously messing it up.So while I was reinstalling Android Studio I faced an issue where it refused to install.After following some tutorial I found out that the issue was running their installer script as Super User but before that another one had mislead me into using this command "unset DISPLAY" so now I can access my display devices and I badly need the night light feature.Please help.



      Here is a screenshot of what I get in the display devices panel.Yet before using the command I could access it.link here










      share|improve this question













      I recently installed ubuntu 17.10.1 after previously messing it up.So while I was reinstalling Android Studio I faced an issue where it refused to install.After following some tutorial I found out that the issue was running their installer script as Super User but before that another one had mislead me into using this command "unset DISPLAY" so now I can access my display devices and I badly need the night light feature.Please help.



      Here is a screenshot of what I get in the display devices panel.Yet before using the command I could access it.link here







      display






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 18 at 13:36









      Thekamble

      12




      12




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Did you just try logging out and in again? Anyway, the default value of the DISPLAY variable is :0
          so to reset it:



          export DISPLAY=":0"





          share|improve this answer




















          • Let me try and get back to you
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • But logging out didnt help
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:50










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026119%2fhow-to-re-enable-display-after-using-unset-display%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Did you just try logging out and in again? Anyway, the default value of the DISPLAY variable is :0
          so to reset it:



          export DISPLAY=":0"





          share|improve this answer




















          • Let me try and get back to you
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • But logging out didnt help
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:50














          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Did you just try logging out and in again? Anyway, the default value of the DISPLAY variable is :0
          so to reset it:



          export DISPLAY=":0"





          share|improve this answer




















          • Let me try and get back to you
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • But logging out didnt help
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:50












          up vote
          0
          down vote










          up vote
          0
          down vote









          Did you just try logging out and in again? Anyway, the default value of the DISPLAY variable is :0
          so to reset it:



          export DISPLAY=":0"





          share|improve this answer












          Did you just try logging out and in again? Anyway, the default value of the DISPLAY variable is :0
          so to reset it:



          export DISPLAY=":0"






          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Apr 18 at 15:19









          ubfan1

          8,70631527




          8,70631527











          • Let me try and get back to you
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • But logging out didnt help
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:50
















          • Let me try and get back to you
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • But logging out didnt help
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:35










          • It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
            – Thekamble
            Apr 19 at 12:50















          Let me try and get back to you
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:35




          Let me try and get back to you
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:35












          But logging out didnt help
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:35




          But logging out didnt help
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:35












          It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:50




          It didnt work.I just tried it but I still get the same message as in the screenshot
          – Thekamble
          Apr 19 at 12:50

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026119%2fhow-to-re-enable-display-after-using-unset-display%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error