Does GUI for Flatpak exist for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS.



I have added Flatpak PPA and installed it to my system:



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
sudo apt update
sudo apt install flatpak


And then I want to install some application as Flatpak, so I need to run some commands in the terminal (KDE as example):




  1. to add repository:



    flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub 
    https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
    flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists kdeapps --from
    https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo



  2. to install needed flatpak (KDiff3 as example):



    flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.kdiff3


I have read about gnome-software-plugin-flatpak and plasma-discover-flatpak-backend, but there are no such packages for Ubuntu Xenial.



But I can't find solutions for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.




Update 1: tried to build source package of plasma-discover from 18.04 LTS on 16.04 LTS but got many errors about Qt5 declarations such as




discover/libdiscover/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp:336:42: error: ‘qAsConst’ was not declared in this scope

for(auto backend: qAsConst(m_backends))

^

libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/build.make:374: recipe for target 'libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp.o' failed




so this is not a solution.




Update 2: installing GNOME Software from Snappy with snap install --edge gnome-software --classic allows to use Snap GUI, but not FlatPak.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS.



    I have added Flatpak PPA and installed it to my system:



    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install flatpak


    And then I want to install some application as Flatpak, so I need to run some commands in the terminal (KDE as example):




    1. to add repository:



      flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub 
      https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
      flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists kdeapps --from
      https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo



    2. to install needed flatpak (KDiff3 as example):



      flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.kdiff3


    I have read about gnome-software-plugin-flatpak and plasma-discover-flatpak-backend, but there are no such packages for Ubuntu Xenial.



    But I can't find solutions for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.




    Update 1: tried to build source package of plasma-discover from 18.04 LTS on 16.04 LTS but got many errors about Qt5 declarations such as




    discover/libdiscover/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp:336:42: error: ‘qAsConst’ was not declared in this scope

    for(auto backend: qAsConst(m_backends))

    ^

    libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/build.make:374: recipe for target 'libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp.o' failed




    so this is not a solution.




    Update 2: installing GNOME Software from Snappy with snap install --edge gnome-software --classic allows to use Snap GUI, but not FlatPak.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS.



      I have added Flatpak PPA and installed it to my system:



      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt install flatpak


      And then I want to install some application as Flatpak, so I need to run some commands in the terminal (KDE as example):




      1. to add repository:



        flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub 
        https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
        flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists kdeapps --from
        https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo



      2. to install needed flatpak (KDiff3 as example):



        flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.kdiff3


      I have read about gnome-software-plugin-flatpak and plasma-discover-flatpak-backend, but there are no such packages for Ubuntu Xenial.



      But I can't find solutions for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.




      Update 1: tried to build source package of plasma-discover from 18.04 LTS on 16.04 LTS but got many errors about Qt5 declarations such as




      discover/libdiscover/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp:336:42: error: ‘qAsConst’ was not declared in this scope

      for(auto backend: qAsConst(m_backends))

      ^

      libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/build.make:374: recipe for target 'libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp.o' failed




      so this is not a solution.




      Update 2: installing GNOME Software from Snappy with snap install --edge gnome-software --classic allows to use Snap GUI, but not FlatPak.










      share|improve this question















      I'm running Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS.



      I have added Flatpak PPA and installed it to my system:



      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
      sudo apt update
      sudo apt install flatpak


      And then I want to install some application as Flatpak, so I need to run some commands in the terminal (KDE as example):




      1. to add repository:



        flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub 
        https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
        flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists kdeapps --from
        https://distribute.kde.org/kdeapps.flatpakrepo



      2. to install needed flatpak (KDiff3 as example):



        flatpak install kdeapps org.kde.kdiff3


      I have read about gnome-software-plugin-flatpak and plasma-discover-flatpak-backend, but there are no such packages for Ubuntu Xenial.



      But I can't find solutions for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.




      Update 1: tried to build source package of plasma-discover from 18.04 LTS on 16.04 LTS but got many errors about Qt5 declarations such as




      discover/libdiscover/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp:336:42: error: ‘qAsConst’ was not declared in this scope

      for(auto backend: qAsConst(m_backends))

      ^

      libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/build.make:374: recipe for target 'libdiscover/CMakeFiles/DiscoverCommon.dir/resources/ResourcesModel.cpp.o' failed




      so this is not a solution.




      Update 2: installing GNOME Software from Snappy with snap install --edge gnome-software --classic allows to use Snap GUI, but not FlatPak.







      16.04 flatpak






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Aug 24 at 15:24

























      asked Apr 18 at 19:26









      N0rbert

      15.7k33273




      15.7k33273

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026188%2fdoes-gui-for-flatpak-exist-for-ubuntu-16-04-lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1026188%2fdoes-gui-for-flatpak-exist-for-ubuntu-16-04-lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error