Successfully Set up MythTv as PVR with EPG on Ubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












This is about the only reason I do not use Ubuntu as a full time OS. (Next PVR, and it's very good EPG)



My Question is has anyone successfully set up MythTv as a IPTV PVR (Loaded with a http://.m3u link that I subscribe to (contains login and password)) as a backend on Ubuntu 18.04? I get the program to run fine and it contains various card setups like IPTV, and others but none will load my channel list after I configure it. I'm using Version 29 Myth TV, fresh of their PPA Page. I have seen the Google Page that shows Network Setup (shown below) and has you input a link in the Card, but I do not have that option in my card setups.



enter image description here



This is all I could find and this Option is not Valid for Ubuntu 18.04 and Version 29 MythTv (latest)..



BTW my EPG is a .xml file if anyone has info where that goes...Haven't made it that far...yet :(







share|improve this question





















  • Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
    – EODCraft Staff
    Jun 5 at 1:24














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












This is about the only reason I do not use Ubuntu as a full time OS. (Next PVR, and it's very good EPG)



My Question is has anyone successfully set up MythTv as a IPTV PVR (Loaded with a http://.m3u link that I subscribe to (contains login and password)) as a backend on Ubuntu 18.04? I get the program to run fine and it contains various card setups like IPTV, and others but none will load my channel list after I configure it. I'm using Version 29 Myth TV, fresh of their PPA Page. I have seen the Google Page that shows Network Setup (shown below) and has you input a link in the Card, but I do not have that option in my card setups.



enter image description here



This is all I could find and this Option is not Valid for Ubuntu 18.04 and Version 29 MythTv (latest)..



BTW my EPG is a .xml file if anyone has info where that goes...Haven't made it that far...yet :(







share|improve this question





















  • Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
    – EODCraft Staff
    Jun 5 at 1:24












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











This is about the only reason I do not use Ubuntu as a full time OS. (Next PVR, and it's very good EPG)



My Question is has anyone successfully set up MythTv as a IPTV PVR (Loaded with a http://.m3u link that I subscribe to (contains login and password)) as a backend on Ubuntu 18.04? I get the program to run fine and it contains various card setups like IPTV, and others but none will load my channel list after I configure it. I'm using Version 29 Myth TV, fresh of their PPA Page. I have seen the Google Page that shows Network Setup (shown below) and has you input a link in the Card, but I do not have that option in my card setups.



enter image description here



This is all I could find and this Option is not Valid for Ubuntu 18.04 and Version 29 MythTv (latest)..



BTW my EPG is a .xml file if anyone has info where that goes...Haven't made it that far...yet :(







share|improve this question













This is about the only reason I do not use Ubuntu as a full time OS. (Next PVR, and it's very good EPG)



My Question is has anyone successfully set up MythTv as a IPTV PVR (Loaded with a http://.m3u link that I subscribe to (contains login and password)) as a backend on Ubuntu 18.04? I get the program to run fine and it contains various card setups like IPTV, and others but none will load my channel list after I configure it. I'm using Version 29 Myth TV, fresh of their PPA Page. I have seen the Google Page that shows Network Setup (shown below) and has you input a link in the Card, but I do not have that option in my card setups.



enter image description here



This is all I could find and this Option is not Valid for Ubuntu 18.04 and Version 29 MythTv (latest)..



BTW my EPG is a .xml file if anyone has info where that goes...Haven't made it that far...yet :(









share|improve this question












share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jun 5 at 1:25
























asked Jun 5 at 0:38









EODCraft Staff

365316




365316











  • Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
    – EODCraft Staff
    Jun 5 at 1:24
















  • Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
    – EODCraft Staff
    Jun 5 at 1:24















Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
– EODCraft Staff
Jun 5 at 1:24




Yes, I have Posted on Myth TV Forum, Just looking for other "possible" solutions.
– EODCraft Staff
Jun 5 at 1:24















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043663%2fsuccessfully-set-up-mythtv-as-pvr-with-epg-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043663%2fsuccessfully-set-up-mythtv-as-pvr-with-epg-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error