Problem with keyboard back-light on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 on ThinkPad T450s

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I'm using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with ThinkPad T450s.



When I login into Ubuntu, keyboard back-light is on, then I turn it off, then after spending idle time when I touch to any key, keyboard back-light turn on again!



What should I do for disable it?




[UPDATE]



I found the keyboard-backlight brightness file path that toggles with three mode:




  • 0 is off

  • 1 is low light


  • 2 is high light


I set the brightness to 0 in rc.local as following, but it not worked:



I put the following line before exit 0 in /etc/rc.local:



  • echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tpacpi::kbd_backlight/brightness


Thanks in advance.







share|improve this question

















  • 1




    this may help you
    – bistoco
    Jun 4 at 22:17










  • @bistoco I update my question.
    – Benyamin Jafari
    Jun 5 at 14:46














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I'm using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with ThinkPad T450s.



When I login into Ubuntu, keyboard back-light is on, then I turn it off, then after spending idle time when I touch to any key, keyboard back-light turn on again!



What should I do for disable it?




[UPDATE]



I found the keyboard-backlight brightness file path that toggles with three mode:




  • 0 is off

  • 1 is low light


  • 2 is high light


I set the brightness to 0 in rc.local as following, but it not worked:



I put the following line before exit 0 in /etc/rc.local:



  • echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tpacpi::kbd_backlight/brightness


Thanks in advance.







share|improve this question

















  • 1




    this may help you
    – bistoco
    Jun 4 at 22:17










  • @bistoco I update my question.
    – Benyamin Jafari
    Jun 5 at 14:46












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I'm using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with ThinkPad T450s.



When I login into Ubuntu, keyboard back-light is on, then I turn it off, then after spending idle time when I touch to any key, keyboard back-light turn on again!



What should I do for disable it?




[UPDATE]



I found the keyboard-backlight brightness file path that toggles with three mode:




  • 0 is off

  • 1 is low light


  • 2 is high light


I set the brightness to 0 in rc.local as following, but it not worked:



I put the following line before exit 0 in /etc/rc.local:



  • echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tpacpi::kbd_backlight/brightness


Thanks in advance.







share|improve this question













I'm using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with ThinkPad T450s.



When I login into Ubuntu, keyboard back-light is on, then I turn it off, then after spending idle time when I touch to any key, keyboard back-light turn on again!



What should I do for disable it?




[UPDATE]



I found the keyboard-backlight brightness file path that toggles with three mode:




  • 0 is off

  • 1 is low light


  • 2 is high light


I set the brightness to 0 in rc.local as following, but it not worked:



I put the following line before exit 0 in /etc/rc.local:



  • echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tpacpi::kbd_backlight/brightness


Thanks in advance.









share|improve this question












share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jul 20 at 8:39
























asked Jun 4 at 21:50









Benyamin Jafari

17012




17012







  • 1




    this may help you
    – bistoco
    Jun 4 at 22:17










  • @bistoco I update my question.
    – Benyamin Jafari
    Jun 5 at 14:46












  • 1




    this may help you
    – bistoco
    Jun 4 at 22:17










  • @bistoco I update my question.
    – Benyamin Jafari
    Jun 5 at 14:46







1




1




this may help you
– bistoco
Jun 4 at 22:17




this may help you
– bistoco
Jun 4 at 22:17












@bistoco I update my question.
– Benyamin Jafari
Jun 5 at 14:46




@bistoco I update my question.
– Benyamin Jafari
Jun 5 at 14:46















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043633%2fproblem-with-keyboard-back-light-on-ubuntu-mate-16-04-on-thinkpad-t450s%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043633%2fproblem-with-keyboard-back-light-on-ubuntu-mate-16-04-on-thinkpad-t450s%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error