Restricted virtual screen in the middle of the physical screen?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have a big screen, 21.5" full HD, but it uses an old TN LED technology, viewing angle is very bad. I would like to make somehow a virtual screen with a resolution 1024x768 or even 800x600 in the middle of the physical screen, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. So my monitor resolution would be set to its native 1920x1080, but my X screen would occupy only an 1024x768 rectangle in the middle. Is it possible? How can I do that?



https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



I think I sould change my /etc/X11/Xorg.conf however I have no clue what sections and what keywords/parameters to apply.







share|improve this question























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have a big screen, 21.5" full HD, but it uses an old TN LED technology, viewing angle is very bad. I would like to make somehow a virtual screen with a resolution 1024x768 or even 800x600 in the middle of the physical screen, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. So my monitor resolution would be set to its native 1920x1080, but my X screen would occupy only an 1024x768 rectangle in the middle. Is it possible? How can I do that?



    https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



    https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



    I think I sould change my /etc/X11/Xorg.conf however I have no clue what sections and what keywords/parameters to apply.







    share|improve this question





















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have a big screen, 21.5" full HD, but it uses an old TN LED technology, viewing angle is very bad. I would like to make somehow a virtual screen with a resolution 1024x768 or even 800x600 in the middle of the physical screen, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. So my monitor resolution would be set to its native 1920x1080, but my X screen would occupy only an 1024x768 rectangle in the middle. Is it possible? How can I do that?



      https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



      https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



      I think I sould change my /etc/X11/Xorg.conf however I have no clue what sections and what keywords/parameters to apply.







      share|improve this question











      I have a big screen, 21.5" full HD, but it uses an old TN LED technology, viewing angle is very bad. I would like to make somehow a virtual screen with a resolution 1024x768 or even 800x600 in the middle of the physical screen, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. So my monitor resolution would be set to its native 1920x1080, but my X screen would occupy only an 1024x768 rectangle in the middle. Is it possible? How can I do that?



      https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



      https://i.imgur.com/LtUTeZp.png



      I think I sould change my /etc/X11/Xorg.conf however I have no clue what sections and what keywords/parameters to apply.









      share|improve this question










      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question









      asked Jun 5 at 6:46









      Konstantin

      1012




      1012

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043718%2frestricted-virtual-screen-in-the-middle-of-the-physical-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043718%2frestricted-virtual-screen-in-the-middle-of-the-physical-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error