could not set the configuration for crtc 65

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on a lenovo thinkpad 520. The problem is that when I try connecting more than one external monitor, I get the message:




could not set the configuration for crtc 65




One is connected to a display port mini, and the other to a VGA port. The monitor is recognized but as soon as I turn the monitor on through settings, I get the error message.







share|improve this question

























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on a lenovo thinkpad 520. The problem is that when I try connecting more than one external monitor, I get the message:




    could not set the configuration for crtc 65




    One is connected to a display port mini, and the other to a VGA port. The monitor is recognized but as soon as I turn the monitor on through settings, I get the error message.







    share|improve this question























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on a lenovo thinkpad 520. The problem is that when I try connecting more than one external monitor, I get the message:




      could not set the configuration for crtc 65




      One is connected to a display port mini, and the other to a VGA port. The monitor is recognized but as soon as I turn the monitor on through settings, I get the error message.







      share|improve this question













      I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on a lenovo thinkpad 520. The problem is that when I try connecting more than one external monitor, I get the message:




      could not set the configuration for crtc 65




      One is connected to a display port mini, and the other to a VGA port. The monitor is recognized but as soon as I turn the monitor on through settings, I get the error message.









      share|improve this question












      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Jun 5 at 10:26









      Melebius

      3,61041636




      3,61041636









      asked Jun 4 at 20:49









      James Wagstaff

      12




      12

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043617%2fcould-not-set-the-configuration-for-crtc-65%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043617%2fcould-not-set-the-configuration-for-crtc-65%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error