Gnome Maps search function

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I installed gnome maps (apt install gnome-maps) on Xubuntu 16.04. It is a great tool and running fine.
The only problem is that I do not understand how to use the search function. When I enter a place in the search bar, I get a suggestion list with the correct city and country etc, but whatever I select or type nothing happens.



I would expect when I enter Paris,France and select it from the offered List, to tool centers Paris and put a cursor on it. I can not figure out how to do that. What am I missing?







share|improve this question























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I installed gnome maps (apt install gnome-maps) on Xubuntu 16.04. It is a great tool and running fine.
    The only problem is that I do not understand how to use the search function. When I enter a place in the search bar, I get a suggestion list with the correct city and country etc, but whatever I select or type nothing happens.



    I would expect when I enter Paris,France and select it from the offered List, to tool centers Paris and put a cursor on it. I can not figure out how to do that. What am I missing?







    share|improve this question





















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I installed gnome maps (apt install gnome-maps) on Xubuntu 16.04. It is a great tool and running fine.
      The only problem is that I do not understand how to use the search function. When I enter a place in the search bar, I get a suggestion list with the correct city and country etc, but whatever I select or type nothing happens.



      I would expect when I enter Paris,France and select it from the offered List, to tool centers Paris and put a cursor on it. I can not figure out how to do that. What am I missing?







      share|improve this question











      I installed gnome maps (apt install gnome-maps) on Xubuntu 16.04. It is a great tool and running fine.
      The only problem is that I do not understand how to use the search function. When I enter a place in the search bar, I get a suggestion list with the correct city and country etc, but whatever I select or type nothing happens.



      I would expect when I enter Paris,France and select it from the offered List, to tool centers Paris and put a cursor on it. I can not figure out how to do that. What am I missing?









      share|improve this question










      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question









      asked Jun 4 at 19:05









      CatMan

      517319




      517319




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          Try the flatpak version of gnome-maps: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Maps



          It has worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 x64: favorites are back and search function works as expected.



          1. Install Flatpak



          sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install flatpak


          2. Install the Software Flatpak plugin



          sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak 


          3. Add the Flathub repository



          sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo


          4. Restart (if necessary)



          5. Install Gnome-Maps via Gnome-Software or via the command line



          sudo flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Maps


          6. Run the app



          flatpak run org.gnome.Maps





          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043588%2fgnome-maps-search-function%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote













            Try the flatpak version of gnome-maps: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Maps



            It has worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 x64: favorites are back and search function works as expected.



            1. Install Flatpak



            sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
            sudo apt update
            sudo apt install flatpak


            2. Install the Software Flatpak plugin



            sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak 


            3. Add the Flathub repository



            sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo


            4. Restart (if necessary)



            5. Install Gnome-Maps via Gnome-Software or via the command line



            sudo flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Maps


            6. Run the app



            flatpak run org.gnome.Maps





            share|improve this answer



























              up vote
              1
              down vote













              Try the flatpak version of gnome-maps: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Maps



              It has worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 x64: favorites are back and search function works as expected.



              1. Install Flatpak



              sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
              sudo apt update
              sudo apt install flatpak


              2. Install the Software Flatpak plugin



              sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak 


              3. Add the Flathub repository



              sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo


              4. Restart (if necessary)



              5. Install Gnome-Maps via Gnome-Software or via the command line



              sudo flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Maps


              6. Run the app



              flatpak run org.gnome.Maps





              share|improve this answer

























                up vote
                1
                down vote










                up vote
                1
                down vote









                Try the flatpak version of gnome-maps: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Maps



                It has worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 x64: favorites are back and search function works as expected.



                1. Install Flatpak



                sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
                sudo apt update
                sudo apt install flatpak


                2. Install the Software Flatpak plugin



                sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak 


                3. Add the Flathub repository



                sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo


                4. Restart (if necessary)



                5. Install Gnome-Maps via Gnome-Software or via the command line



                sudo flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Maps


                6. Run the app



                flatpak run org.gnome.Maps





                share|improve this answer















                Try the flatpak version of gnome-maps: https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Maps



                It has worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 x64: favorites are back and search function works as expected.



                1. Install Flatpak



                sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
                sudo apt update
                sudo apt install flatpak


                2. Install the Software Flatpak plugin



                sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak 


                3. Add the Flathub repository



                sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo


                4. Restart (if necessary)



                5. Install Gnome-Maps via Gnome-Software or via the command line



                sudo flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Maps


                6. Run the app



                flatpak run org.gnome.Maps






                share|improve this answer















                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Jul 21 at 8:52


























                answered Jul 20 at 20:08









                Glyph

                215




                215






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1043588%2fgnome-maps-search-function%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error