Windows Share: gvfs mounts it correctly, mount.cifs not

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I've since some days a strange problem with Ubuntu 14.04LTS trusty and a Windows Share.. It could be mounted correctly until some days ago:



With gvfs my share is mounted correctly:



gvfs-mount smb://[MyDomain]/centren/


If I try to mount it for every user with mount.cifs:



sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S


then I have some permission problem:



ls -la /run/user/1009/gvfs/smb-share:server=[MyDomain],share=centren/AG/[MyAG]
insgesamt 200
drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 5 13:49 ..
drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 30 11:58 mydir

ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
ls: Öffnen von Verzeichnis /media/S/AG/[MyAG] nicht möglich: Keine Berechtigung


if it can help:



cat /etc/lsb-release 
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"
uname -r
3.19.0-80-generic
mount.cifs -V
mount.cifs version: 6.0









share|improve this question

























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I've since some days a strange problem with Ubuntu 14.04LTS trusty and a Windows Share.. It could be mounted correctly until some days ago:



    With gvfs my share is mounted correctly:



    gvfs-mount smb://[MyDomain]/centren/


    If I try to mount it for every user with mount.cifs:



    sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S


    then I have some permission problem:



    ls -la /run/user/1009/gvfs/smb-share:server=[MyDomain],share=centren/AG/[MyAG]
    insgesamt 200
    drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
    drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 5 13:49 ..
    drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 30 11:58 mydir

    ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
    ls: Öffnen von Verzeichnis /media/S/AG/[MyAG] nicht möglich: Keine Berechtigung


    if it can help:



    cat /etc/lsb-release 
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"
    uname -r
    3.19.0-80-generic
    mount.cifs -V
    mount.cifs version: 6.0









    share|improve this question























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I've since some days a strange problem with Ubuntu 14.04LTS trusty and a Windows Share.. It could be mounted correctly until some days ago:



      With gvfs my share is mounted correctly:



      gvfs-mount smb://[MyDomain]/centren/


      If I try to mount it for every user with mount.cifs:



      sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S


      then I have some permission problem:



      ls -la /run/user/1009/gvfs/smb-share:server=[MyDomain],share=centren/AG/[MyAG]
      insgesamt 200
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 5 13:49 ..
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 30 11:58 mydir

      ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
      ls: Öffnen von Verzeichnis /media/S/AG/[MyAG] nicht möglich: Keine Berechtigung


      if it can help:



      cat /etc/lsb-release 
      DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
      DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
      DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
      DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"
      uname -r
      3.19.0-80-generic
      mount.cifs -V
      mount.cifs version: 6.0









      share|improve this question













      I've since some days a strange problem with Ubuntu 14.04LTS trusty and a Windows Share.. It could be mounted correctly until some days ago:



      With gvfs my share is mounted correctly:



      gvfs-mount smb://[MyDomain]/centren/


      If I try to mount it for every user with mount.cifs:



      sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S


      then I have some permission problem:



      ls -la /run/user/1009/gvfs/smb-share:server=[MyDomain],share=centren/AG/[MyAG]
      insgesamt 200
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 5 13:49 ..
      drwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 30 11:58 mydir

      ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
      ls: Öffnen von Verzeichnis /media/S/AG/[MyAG] nicht möglich: Keine Berechtigung


      if it can help:



      cat /etc/lsb-release 
      DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
      DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
      DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
      DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"
      uname -r
      3.19.0-80-generic
      mount.cifs -V
      mount.cifs version: 6.0






      14.04 mount samba cifs gvfs






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Feb 6 at 13:56









      user792015

      164




      164




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          I answer myself.
          At the end there was some problem/bug with the kernel. I've updated to kernel 4 and everything worked again!



          $ sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S
          [sudo] password for myuser:
          $ ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
          insgesamt 196
          drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
          drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 9 15:30 ..
          drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 0 Feb 12 10:03 MyDir
          $ uname -r
          4.4.0-98-generic
          $ mount.cifs -V
          mount.cifs version: 6.0
          $ cat /etc/lsb-release
          DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
          DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
          DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
          DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"





          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003557%2fwindows-share-gvfs-mounts-it-correctly-mount-cifs-not%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote



            accepted










            I answer myself.
            At the end there was some problem/bug with the kernel. I've updated to kernel 4 and everything worked again!



            $ sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S
            [sudo] password for myuser:
            $ ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
            insgesamt 196
            drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
            drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 9 15:30 ..
            drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 0 Feb 12 10:03 MyDir
            $ uname -r
            4.4.0-98-generic
            $ mount.cifs -V
            mount.cifs version: 6.0
            $ cat /etc/lsb-release
            DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
            DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
            DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
            DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"





            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              1
              down vote



              accepted










              I answer myself.
              At the end there was some problem/bug with the kernel. I've updated to kernel 4 and everything worked again!



              $ sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S
              [sudo] password for myuser:
              $ ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
              insgesamt 196
              drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
              drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 9 15:30 ..
              drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 0 Feb 12 10:03 MyDir
              $ uname -r
              4.4.0-98-generic
              $ mount.cifs -V
              mount.cifs version: 6.0
              $ cat /etc/lsb-release
              DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
              DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
              DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
              DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"





              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted






                I answer myself.
                At the end there was some problem/bug with the kernel. I've updated to kernel 4 and everything worked again!



                $ sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S
                [sudo] password for myuser:
                $ ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
                insgesamt 196
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 9 15:30 ..
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 0 Feb 12 10:03 MyDir
                $ uname -r
                4.4.0-98-generic
                $ mount.cifs -V
                mount.cifs version: 6.0
                $ cat /etc/lsb-release
                DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
                DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
                DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
                DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"





                share|improve this answer












                I answer myself.
                At the end there was some problem/bug with the kernel. I've updated to kernel 4 and everything worked again!



                $ sudo mount -t cifs -o credential=/root/.smbcred,vers=1.0,rw,uid=1009,hard,nosetuids,noperm,sec=ntlm //[MyDomain]/centren /media/S
                [sudo] password for myuser:
                $ ls -la /media/S/AG/[MyAG]
                insgesamt 196
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 4096 Jan 8 2016 .
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 196608 Feb 9 15:30 ..
                drwxr-xr-x 2 myuser myuser 0 Feb 12 10:03 MyDir
                $ uname -r
                4.4.0-98-generic
                $ mount.cifs -V
                mount.cifs version: 6.0
                $ cat /etc/lsb-release
                DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
                DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
                DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
                DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Feb 16 at 10:30









                user792015

                164




                164



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003557%2fwindows-share-gvfs-mounts-it-correctly-mount-cifs-not%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error