Dependency problems in apt/dpkg

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












When I try to start Synaptic I get asked to run dpkg --configure -a manually, so when I did that I got this dpkg: dependency error:



sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-generic:
linux-generic depends on linux-headers-generic (= 4.4.0.112.118); however:
Version of linux-headers-generic on system is 4.4.0.109.114.

dpkg: error processing package linux-generic (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux-generic


So what can I do now?










share|improve this question























  • What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
    – user535733
    Feb 5 at 13:15










  • please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 5 at 13:57










  • SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:01











  • user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:11














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












When I try to start Synaptic I get asked to run dpkg --configure -a manually, so when I did that I got this dpkg: dependency error:



sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-generic:
linux-generic depends on linux-headers-generic (= 4.4.0.112.118); however:
Version of linux-headers-generic on system is 4.4.0.109.114.

dpkg: error processing package linux-generic (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux-generic


So what can I do now?










share|improve this question























  • What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
    – user535733
    Feb 5 at 13:15










  • please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 5 at 13:57










  • SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:01











  • user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:11












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











When I try to start Synaptic I get asked to run dpkg --configure -a manually, so when I did that I got this dpkg: dependency error:



sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-generic:
linux-generic depends on linux-headers-generic (= 4.4.0.112.118); however:
Version of linux-headers-generic on system is 4.4.0.109.114.

dpkg: error processing package linux-generic (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux-generic


So what can I do now?










share|improve this question















When I try to start Synaptic I get asked to run dpkg --configure -a manually, so when I did that I got this dpkg: dependency error:



sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-generic:
linux-generic depends on linux-headers-generic (= 4.4.0.112.118); however:
Version of linux-headers-generic on system is 4.4.0.109.114.

dpkg: error processing package linux-generic (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux-generic


So what can I do now?







16.04 apt package-management dependencies






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 5 at 12:57









karel

51.7k11107131




51.7k11107131










asked Feb 5 at 12:02









joni

11




11











  • What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
    – user535733
    Feb 5 at 13:15










  • please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 5 at 13:57










  • SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:01











  • user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:11
















  • What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
    – user535733
    Feb 5 at 13:15










  • please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
    – Robert Riedl
    Feb 5 at 13:57










  • SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:01











  • user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
    – joni
    Feb 5 at 17:11















What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
– user535733
Feb 5 at 13:15




What led Synaptic to ask you to do that? Do you understand what the dependency error means?
– user535733
Feb 5 at 13:15












please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
– Robert Riedl
Feb 5 at 13:57




please post the output of synaptic before you tried to run sudo dpkg --configure -a
– Robert Riedl
Feb 5 at 13:57












SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
– joni
Feb 5 at 17:01





SOLVED: Was just to run synaptic again and fix broken package. /Cheers
– joni
Feb 5 at 17:01













user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
– joni
Feb 5 at 17:11




user535733. Yes I understand what dependency problem means. Linux header was older than was required. Why? I do not know..probably, some interruption under upgrade?
– joni
Feb 5 at 17:11















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003242%2fdependency-problems-in-apt-dpkg%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003242%2fdependency-problems-in-apt-dpkg%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error