Someone Please Help ME.. Repair session login

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












All I do is install Ubuntu over and over again. I was lucky and this time it lasted one week. Presently I am using a try-it version alongside my week-old operating system of Ubuntu 14.04. I used it until the wee hours of the morning, and today it gets to login screen and after typing my password, in red letters states cannot start the session. I have followed every tip on the web and it appears worse than ever.



Things I did in the last session:



  1. had great difficulty installing a newer version of Firefox (I didn't want 58). The site had me add something, but I can't remember the name.


  2. Opened Bum, but did not make any changes.


  3. Opened Zenmap and ran some test.


  4. I tried the Boot-Repair utility just before posting this question.
    Is it possible to fix from the try-it (Try Ubuntu???) side? If I could, I would at least like to save my notes.


I noticed yesterday RAID showing up in the logs and it is not even an option in my BIOS, and never has been.



I have no strength to keep reinstalling this OS. Our house is under the control of someone since 2016 who makes changes to our system for fun. AT&T is no help, in fact it was through calling them that the hacker intercepted and took over first an iPad and then the entire house.



This is a 2015 Dell computer that has been wiped using clean all.
I am nearly a newbie so include full descriptions.



I also noticed it is missing initrd and vmlinuz.



It is encrypted.



Not fully completed repair



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26527539/



New log after completing the boot repair from the try-it side.



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26528164/










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    It is encrypted....
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 2:59






  • 1




    What, specifically, is your question?
    – Organic Marble
    Feb 6 at 4:52










  • I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:02










  • I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:20











  • Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 21:37














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












All I do is install Ubuntu over and over again. I was lucky and this time it lasted one week. Presently I am using a try-it version alongside my week-old operating system of Ubuntu 14.04. I used it until the wee hours of the morning, and today it gets to login screen and after typing my password, in red letters states cannot start the session. I have followed every tip on the web and it appears worse than ever.



Things I did in the last session:



  1. had great difficulty installing a newer version of Firefox (I didn't want 58). The site had me add something, but I can't remember the name.


  2. Opened Bum, but did not make any changes.


  3. Opened Zenmap and ran some test.


  4. I tried the Boot-Repair utility just before posting this question.
    Is it possible to fix from the try-it (Try Ubuntu???) side? If I could, I would at least like to save my notes.


I noticed yesterday RAID showing up in the logs and it is not even an option in my BIOS, and never has been.



I have no strength to keep reinstalling this OS. Our house is under the control of someone since 2016 who makes changes to our system for fun. AT&T is no help, in fact it was through calling them that the hacker intercepted and took over first an iPad and then the entire house.



This is a 2015 Dell computer that has been wiped using clean all.
I am nearly a newbie so include full descriptions.



I also noticed it is missing initrd and vmlinuz.



It is encrypted.



Not fully completed repair



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26527539/



New log after completing the boot repair from the try-it side.



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26528164/










share|improve this question



















  • 1




    It is encrypted....
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 2:59






  • 1




    What, specifically, is your question?
    – Organic Marble
    Feb 6 at 4:52










  • I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:02










  • I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:20











  • Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 21:37












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











All I do is install Ubuntu over and over again. I was lucky and this time it lasted one week. Presently I am using a try-it version alongside my week-old operating system of Ubuntu 14.04. I used it until the wee hours of the morning, and today it gets to login screen and after typing my password, in red letters states cannot start the session. I have followed every tip on the web and it appears worse than ever.



Things I did in the last session:



  1. had great difficulty installing a newer version of Firefox (I didn't want 58). The site had me add something, but I can't remember the name.


  2. Opened Bum, but did not make any changes.


  3. Opened Zenmap and ran some test.


  4. I tried the Boot-Repair utility just before posting this question.
    Is it possible to fix from the try-it (Try Ubuntu???) side? If I could, I would at least like to save my notes.


I noticed yesterday RAID showing up in the logs and it is not even an option in my BIOS, and never has been.



I have no strength to keep reinstalling this OS. Our house is under the control of someone since 2016 who makes changes to our system for fun. AT&T is no help, in fact it was through calling them that the hacker intercepted and took over first an iPad and then the entire house.



This is a 2015 Dell computer that has been wiped using clean all.
I am nearly a newbie so include full descriptions.



I also noticed it is missing initrd and vmlinuz.



It is encrypted.



Not fully completed repair



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26527539/



New log after completing the boot repair from the try-it side.



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26528164/










share|improve this question















All I do is install Ubuntu over and over again. I was lucky and this time it lasted one week. Presently I am using a try-it version alongside my week-old operating system of Ubuntu 14.04. I used it until the wee hours of the morning, and today it gets to login screen and after typing my password, in red letters states cannot start the session. I have followed every tip on the web and it appears worse than ever.



Things I did in the last session:



  1. had great difficulty installing a newer version of Firefox (I didn't want 58). The site had me add something, but I can't remember the name.


  2. Opened Bum, but did not make any changes.


  3. Opened Zenmap and ran some test.


  4. I tried the Boot-Repair utility just before posting this question.
    Is it possible to fix from the try-it (Try Ubuntu???) side? If I could, I would at least like to save my notes.


I noticed yesterday RAID showing up in the logs and it is not even an option in my BIOS, and never has been.



I have no strength to keep reinstalling this OS. Our house is under the control of someone since 2016 who makes changes to our system for fun. AT&T is no help, in fact it was through calling them that the hacker intercepted and took over first an iPad and then the entire house.



This is a 2015 Dell computer that has been wiped using clean all.
I am nearly a newbie so include full descriptions.



I also noticed it is missing initrd and vmlinuz.



It is encrypted.



Not fully completed repair



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26527539/



New log after completing the boot repair from the try-it side.



https://paste.ubuntu.com/26528164/







14.04 boot login session






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 6 at 6:12

























asked Feb 6 at 2:29









Willow

12




12







  • 1




    It is encrypted....
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 2:59






  • 1




    What, specifically, is your question?
    – Organic Marble
    Feb 6 at 4:52










  • I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:02










  • I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:20











  • Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 21:37












  • 1




    It is encrypted....
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 2:59






  • 1




    What, specifically, is your question?
    – Organic Marble
    Feb 6 at 4:52










  • I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:02










  • I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 6:20











  • Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
    – Willow
    Feb 6 at 21:37







1




1




It is encrypted....
– Willow
Feb 6 at 2:59




It is encrypted....
– Willow
Feb 6 at 2:59




1




1




What, specifically, is your question?
– Organic Marble
Feb 6 at 4:52




What, specifically, is your question?
– Organic Marble
Feb 6 at 4:52












I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
– Willow
Feb 6 at 6:02




I need to boot into a session. I need the OS repaired. I know very little about Linux. Was good with windows but I am lost. This problem is not from removing anything.... I am not sure what happened.
– Willow
Feb 6 at 6:02












I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
– Willow
Feb 6 at 6:20





I cant boot to Grub after the Boot Repair. Opened to "initramfs" or something like that and I had no clue what to do. Is it possible to repair from the live disk?
– Willow
Feb 6 at 6:20













Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
– Willow
Feb 6 at 21:37




Community has left the building......... Anybody there?
– Willow
Feb 6 at 21:37















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003416%2fsomeone-please-help-me-repair-session-login%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1003416%2fsomeone-please-help-me-repair-session-login%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error