Some icons on desktop are not visible on ubuntu 14.04

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I use Lenovo G50-45 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I usually use it with second display. It happens that most of desktop icons are not visible. I have many icons (say 20) and I can see only 'Trash' one pdf document and one folder with second display.
After removing second display and right clicking 'organize desktop by name' I can see 6 icons, but it is only small part of the whole number.
What to do to see all desktop icons? 
(In some situations (e.g. another display) I can see all icons, I do not exactly know, at which situation it changed)
14.04 display icons
add a comment |Â
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I use Lenovo G50-45 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I usually use it with second display. It happens that most of desktop icons are not visible. I have many icons (say 20) and I can see only 'Trash' one pdf document and one folder with second display.
After removing second display and right clicking 'organize desktop by name' I can see 6 icons, but it is only small part of the whole number.
What to do to see all desktop icons? 
(In some situations (e.g. another display) I can see all icons, I do not exactly know, at which situation it changed)
14.04 display icons
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53
add a comment |Â
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
up vote
0
down vote
favorite
I use Lenovo G50-45 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I usually use it with second display. It happens that most of desktop icons are not visible. I have many icons (say 20) and I can see only 'Trash' one pdf document and one folder with second display.
After removing second display and right clicking 'organize desktop by name' I can see 6 icons, but it is only small part of the whole number.
What to do to see all desktop icons? 
(In some situations (e.g. another display) I can see all icons, I do not exactly know, at which situation it changed)
14.04 display icons
I use Lenovo G50-45 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I usually use it with second display. It happens that most of desktop icons are not visible. I have many icons (say 20) and I can see only 'Trash' one pdf document and one folder with second display.
After removing second display and right clicking 'organize desktop by name' I can see 6 icons, but it is only small part of the whole number.
What to do to see all desktop icons? 
(In some situations (e.g. another display) I can see all icons, I do not exactly know, at which situation it changed)
14.04 display icons
14.04 display icons
edited Mar 23 at 13:30
asked Mar 23 at 13:27
weatherman
439
439
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53
add a comment |Â
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53
add a comment |Â
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
up vote
0
down vote
The problem was that I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons, which I see. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible, now.
add a comment |Â
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
up vote
0
down vote
The problem was that I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons, which I see. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible, now.
add a comment |Â
up vote
0
down vote
The problem was that I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons, which I see. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible, now.
add a comment |Â
up vote
0
down vote
up vote
0
down vote
The problem was that I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons, which I see. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible, now.
The problem was that I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons, which I see. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible, now.
answered Mar 23 at 14:16
weatherman
439
439
add a comment |Â
add a comment |Â
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1018554%2fsome-icons-on-desktop-are-not-visible-on-ubuntu-14-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
var $window = $(window),
onScroll = function(e)
var $elem = $('.new-login-left'),
docViewTop = $window.scrollTop(),
docViewBottom = docViewTop + $window.height(),
elemTop = $elem.offset().top,
elemBottom = elemTop + $elem.height();
if ((docViewTop elemBottom))
StackExchange.using('gps', function() StackExchange.gps.track('embedded_signup_form.view', location: 'question_page' ); );
$window.unbind('scroll', onScroll);
;
$window.on('scroll', onScroll);
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
It's unclear what exactly you're asking about. Screenshots and/or photos showing the actual issue you're having will help us to understand what exactly you're seeing and help us to better assist you.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:29
I have a solution, but cannot enter 'answer'. The problem was I recently had changed in 'Language Support' my native language to English. The old (czech) desktop with all the icons was not used, but in English desktop there were just 6 icons. So solution is just to copy (or move) from old desktop (named Plocha) to new one (called Desktop) and all icons are visible.
â weatherman
Mar 23 at 13:50
The question is open again so you can post your answer.
â Thomas Wardâ¦
Mar 23 at 13:53