Installing litecoin-qt in Ubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












Why can't I run the litecoin-qt file in the bin directory of the archive downloaded from litecoin.org? I copied it into the home directory and double-clicked, and also tried to to run it from terminal. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the downloaded archive is Litecoin Core 0.15.1. The error message I get is "There is no application installed for 'shared library' files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?" Clicking Yes produces nothing.







share|improve this question
















  • 2




    Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
    – N0rbert
    Apr 22 at 9:59














up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












Why can't I run the litecoin-qt file in the bin directory of the archive downloaded from litecoin.org? I copied it into the home directory and double-clicked, and also tried to to run it from terminal. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the downloaded archive is Litecoin Core 0.15.1. The error message I get is "There is no application installed for 'shared library' files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?" Clicking Yes produces nothing.







share|improve this question
















  • 2




    Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
    – N0rbert
    Apr 22 at 9:59












up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1






1





Why can't I run the litecoin-qt file in the bin directory of the archive downloaded from litecoin.org? I copied it into the home directory and double-clicked, and also tried to to run it from terminal. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the downloaded archive is Litecoin Core 0.15.1. The error message I get is "There is no application installed for 'shared library' files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?" Clicking Yes produces nothing.







share|improve this question












Why can't I run the litecoin-qt file in the bin directory of the archive downloaded from litecoin.org? I copied it into the home directory and double-clicked, and also tried to to run it from terminal. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the downloaded archive is Litecoin Core 0.15.1. The error message I get is "There is no application installed for 'shared library' files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?" Clicking Yes produces nothing.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 21 at 23:08









rjstra

31




31







  • 2




    Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
    – N0rbert
    Apr 22 at 9:59












  • 2




    Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
    – N0rbert
    Apr 22 at 9:59







2




2




Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
– N0rbert
Apr 22 at 9:59




Possible duplicate of How to install Litecoin
– N0rbert
Apr 22 at 9:59










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










The following worked for me.



First, open a terminal (press Windows key -> gnome-terminal). Then run the following commands:



# Assuming you downloaded the .tar.gz file from litecoin.org
# to ~/Downloads...
cd ~/Downloads
tar -zxf litecoin.*.tar.gz
cd litecoin-0.15.1
bin/litecoin-qt





share|improve this answer




















  • Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
    – rjstra
    Apr 22 at 16:47










  • Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
    – dpb
    Apr 22 at 22:29










  • Alacarte worked. All set.
    – rjstra
    Apr 23 at 23:13










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1027056%2finstalling-litecoin-qt-in-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
0
down vote



accepted










The following worked for me.



First, open a terminal (press Windows key -> gnome-terminal). Then run the following commands:



# Assuming you downloaded the .tar.gz file from litecoin.org
# to ~/Downloads...
cd ~/Downloads
tar -zxf litecoin.*.tar.gz
cd litecoin-0.15.1
bin/litecoin-qt





share|improve this answer




















  • Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
    – rjstra
    Apr 22 at 16:47










  • Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
    – dpb
    Apr 22 at 22:29










  • Alacarte worked. All set.
    – rjstra
    Apr 23 at 23:13














up vote
0
down vote



accepted










The following worked for me.



First, open a terminal (press Windows key -> gnome-terminal). Then run the following commands:



# Assuming you downloaded the .tar.gz file from litecoin.org
# to ~/Downloads...
cd ~/Downloads
tar -zxf litecoin.*.tar.gz
cd litecoin-0.15.1
bin/litecoin-qt





share|improve this answer




















  • Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
    – rjstra
    Apr 22 at 16:47










  • Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
    – dpb
    Apr 22 at 22:29










  • Alacarte worked. All set.
    – rjstra
    Apr 23 at 23:13












up vote
0
down vote



accepted







up vote
0
down vote



accepted






The following worked for me.



First, open a terminal (press Windows key -> gnome-terminal). Then run the following commands:



# Assuming you downloaded the .tar.gz file from litecoin.org
# to ~/Downloads...
cd ~/Downloads
tar -zxf litecoin.*.tar.gz
cd litecoin-0.15.1
bin/litecoin-qt





share|improve this answer












The following worked for me.



First, open a terminal (press Windows key -> gnome-terminal). Then run the following commands:



# Assuming you downloaded the .tar.gz file from litecoin.org
# to ~/Downloads...
cd ~/Downloads
tar -zxf litecoin.*.tar.gz
cd litecoin-0.15.1
bin/litecoin-qt






share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Apr 22 at 1:37









dpb

4,90911545




4,90911545











  • Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
    – rjstra
    Apr 22 at 16:47










  • Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
    – dpb
    Apr 22 at 22:29










  • Alacarte worked. All set.
    – rjstra
    Apr 23 at 23:13
















  • Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
    – rjstra
    Apr 22 at 16:47










  • Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
    – dpb
    Apr 22 at 22:29










  • Alacarte worked. All set.
    – rjstra
    Apr 23 at 23:13















Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
– rjstra
Apr 22 at 16:47




Thank you! It worked perfectly. I'm all synced. It appears right now I can only open the wallet from Terminal, which is fine, but do you know a way to create a desktop icon?
– rjstra
Apr 22 at 16:47












Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
– dpb
Apr 22 at 22:29




Hey there, basically this -- askubuntu.com/questions/112186/…
– dpb
Apr 22 at 22:29












Alacarte worked. All set.
– rjstra
Apr 23 at 23:13




Alacarte worked. All set.
– rjstra
Apr 23 at 23:13

















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1027056%2finstalling-litecoin-qt-in-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error