Captive Portal Using PHP and iptables Firewall on Linux

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am trying to make a captive portal following this tutorial . I am stuck in this command
sudo iptables -t mangle -I internet 1 -m mac --mac-source USER-MAC-ADDRESS-HERE -j RETURN



Here whose MAC address should be entered. Do we have to enter mac address of all the users who would connect manually (which sounds stupid and i don't think that's possible) or should we enter mac of the server?



Any help would be highly appreciated.







share|improve this question




















  • It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
    – Doug Smythies
    May 4 at 13:16










  • that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
    – AB pacino
    May 5 at 4:29














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am trying to make a captive portal following this tutorial . I am stuck in this command
sudo iptables -t mangle -I internet 1 -m mac --mac-source USER-MAC-ADDRESS-HERE -j RETURN



Here whose MAC address should be entered. Do we have to enter mac address of all the users who would connect manually (which sounds stupid and i don't think that's possible) or should we enter mac of the server?



Any help would be highly appreciated.







share|improve this question




















  • It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
    – Doug Smythies
    May 4 at 13:16










  • that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
    – AB pacino
    May 5 at 4:29












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I am trying to make a captive portal following this tutorial . I am stuck in this command
sudo iptables -t mangle -I internet 1 -m mac --mac-source USER-MAC-ADDRESS-HERE -j RETURN



Here whose MAC address should be entered. Do we have to enter mac address of all the users who would connect manually (which sounds stupid and i don't think that's possible) or should we enter mac of the server?



Any help would be highly appreciated.







share|improve this question












I am trying to make a captive portal following this tutorial . I am stuck in this command
sudo iptables -t mangle -I internet 1 -m mac --mac-source USER-MAC-ADDRESS-HERE -j RETURN



Here whose MAC address should be entered. Do we have to enter mac address of all the users who would connect manually (which sounds stupid and i don't think that's possible) or should we enter mac of the server?



Any help would be highly appreciated.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 4 at 13:06









AB pacino

11




11











  • It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
    – Doug Smythies
    May 4 at 13:16










  • that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
    – AB pacino
    May 5 at 4:29
















  • It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
    – Doug Smythies
    May 4 at 13:16










  • that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
    – AB pacino
    May 5 at 4:29















It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
– Doug Smythies
May 4 at 13:16




It is a per user method, so yes one such line per user and their MAC.
– Doug Smythies
May 4 at 13:16












that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
– AB pacino
May 5 at 4:29




that means i should know which user I want to allow to use internet? Isn't there any other way which captures the mac automatically when they connect to the network and authenticate users based on their records?
– AB pacino
May 5 at 4:29










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













That paticutal command is to remove a user already "allowed". This way if you want to remove the so they have to authenticate again you would run that command.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1031970%2fcaptive-portal-using-php-and-iptables-firewall-on-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote













    That paticutal command is to remove a user already "allowed". This way if you want to remove the so they have to authenticate again you would run that command.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote













      That paticutal command is to remove a user already "allowed". This way if you want to remove the so they have to authenticate again you would run that command.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote










        up vote
        0
        down vote









        That paticutal command is to remove a user already "allowed". This way if you want to remove the so they have to authenticate again you would run that command.






        share|improve this answer












        That paticutal command is to remove a user already "allowed". This way if you want to remove the so they have to authenticate again you would run that command.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Jun 9 at 19:18









        Thomas Lee

        1




        1






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1031970%2fcaptive-portal-using-php-and-iptables-firewall-on-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error