Ubuntu 17.10: How to restore my deleted and currently enabled lightdm theme?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Everything works well yesterday. I have deleted my currently enabled LightDM theme using sudo in terminal because I thought it was the only way to remove the configuration of LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings and restore it to the default login screen. Now it is forever stuck on the loading screen with the message



/dev/sda1/:clean .../... files, .../... blocks


Here's the post from the other forum that I had followed before it gone stucked:





First purge the package and remove the PPA.



sudo apt-get purge lightdm-gtk-greeter*
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable
sudo apt-get update


Then edit the file that reads the greeter.



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf


change this line



greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter


to this



greeter-session=unity-greeter


if the line above does not exist, add it.



if above file/path does not exits (depends on Ubuntu version) try this one



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf


Then reconfigure both DM and greeter



sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm unity-greeter Reboot your PC.


Reference: How to return the login screen of the original unity ubuntu?





After that, it was stuck already.



I also have NVIDIA installed but I don't know if it affects the lightDM but it does affect the GNOME 3.










share|improve this question























  • I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
    – Ivan Tumacay
    Feb 10 at 1:27






  • 1




    please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
    – guiverc
    Feb 10 at 2:01














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Everything works well yesterday. I have deleted my currently enabled LightDM theme using sudo in terminal because I thought it was the only way to remove the configuration of LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings and restore it to the default login screen. Now it is forever stuck on the loading screen with the message



/dev/sda1/:clean .../... files, .../... blocks


Here's the post from the other forum that I had followed before it gone stucked:





First purge the package and remove the PPA.



sudo apt-get purge lightdm-gtk-greeter*
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable
sudo apt-get update


Then edit the file that reads the greeter.



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf


change this line



greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter


to this



greeter-session=unity-greeter


if the line above does not exist, add it.



if above file/path does not exits (depends on Ubuntu version) try this one



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf


Then reconfigure both DM and greeter



sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm unity-greeter Reboot your PC.


Reference: How to return the login screen of the original unity ubuntu?





After that, it was stuck already.



I also have NVIDIA installed but I don't know if it affects the lightDM but it does affect the GNOME 3.










share|improve this question























  • I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
    – Ivan Tumacay
    Feb 10 at 1:27






  • 1




    please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
    – guiverc
    Feb 10 at 2:01












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Everything works well yesterday. I have deleted my currently enabled LightDM theme using sudo in terminal because I thought it was the only way to remove the configuration of LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings and restore it to the default login screen. Now it is forever stuck on the loading screen with the message



/dev/sda1/:clean .../... files, .../... blocks


Here's the post from the other forum that I had followed before it gone stucked:





First purge the package and remove the PPA.



sudo apt-get purge lightdm-gtk-greeter*
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable
sudo apt-get update


Then edit the file that reads the greeter.



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf


change this line



greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter


to this



greeter-session=unity-greeter


if the line above does not exist, add it.



if above file/path does not exits (depends on Ubuntu version) try this one



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf


Then reconfigure both DM and greeter



sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm unity-greeter Reboot your PC.


Reference: How to return the login screen of the original unity ubuntu?





After that, it was stuck already.



I also have NVIDIA installed but I don't know if it affects the lightDM but it does affect the GNOME 3.










share|improve this question















Everything works well yesterday. I have deleted my currently enabled LightDM theme using sudo in terminal because I thought it was the only way to remove the configuration of LightDM GTK+ Greeter Settings and restore it to the default login screen. Now it is forever stuck on the loading screen with the message



/dev/sda1/:clean .../... files, .../... blocks


Here's the post from the other forum that I had followed before it gone stucked:





First purge the package and remove the PPA.



sudo apt-get purge lightdm-gtk-greeter*
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable
sudo apt-get update


Then edit the file that reads the greeter.



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf


change this line



greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter


to this



greeter-session=unity-greeter


if the line above does not exist, add it.



if above file/path does not exits (depends on Ubuntu version) try this one



gksudo gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf


Then reconfigure both DM and greeter



sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm unity-greeter Reboot your PC.


Reference: How to return the login screen of the original unity ubuntu?





After that, it was stuck already.



I also have NVIDIA installed but I don't know if it affects the lightDM but it does affect the GNOME 3.







17.10 themes lightdm display-manager






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Feb 10 at 8:04









David Foerster

26.5k1362106




26.5k1362106










asked Feb 10 at 0:50









Ivan Tumacay

1




1











  • I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
    – Ivan Tumacay
    Feb 10 at 1:27






  • 1




    please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
    – guiverc
    Feb 10 at 2:01
















  • I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
    – Ivan Tumacay
    Feb 10 at 1:27






  • 1




    please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
    – guiverc
    Feb 10 at 2:01















I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
– Ivan Tumacay
Feb 10 at 1:27




I had solved it myself. Thanks everyone!
– Ivan Tumacay
Feb 10 at 1:27




1




1




please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
– guiverc
Feb 10 at 2:01




please write and answer to answer your own question. Your answer may benefit others who strike the same problem.
– guiverc
Feb 10 at 2:01















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004719%2fubuntu-17-10-how-to-restore-my-deleted-and-currently-enabled-lightdm-theme%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004719%2fubuntu-17-10-how-to-restore-my-deleted-and-currently-enabled-lightdm-theme%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error