Ralink RT5572 network adapter - Ubuntu 16.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am very new to linux and driver installations. I have an AmeriDroid USB adapter that uses the RT5572 chipset. I have 16.04 Ubuntu Minimal 3.10 32 bit installed on an Odroid XU4.



This is what I am seeing when I perform the following lshw -C network command and then the following lsusb command:



root@odroid:~# lshw -C network 
*-network:0 DISABLED
description: Ethernet interface
physical id: 7
bus info: usb@1:1.1
logical name: wlan0
serial: 70:f1:1c:05:26:aa
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.10.106-151 firmware=N/A link=no multicast=yes

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter


I am at a total loss on how to make the darn thing enable. Any help would be appreciated as I have actually 5 various adapters that I need to get working.










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I am very new to linux and driver installations. I have an AmeriDroid USB adapter that uses the RT5572 chipset. I have 16.04 Ubuntu Minimal 3.10 32 bit installed on an Odroid XU4.



    This is what I am seeing when I perform the following lshw -C network command and then the following lsusb command:



    root@odroid:~# lshw -C network 
    *-network:0 DISABLED
    description: Ethernet interface
    physical id: 7
    bus info: usb@1:1.1
    logical name: wlan0
    serial: 70:f1:1c:05:26:aa
    capabilities: ethernet physical
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.10.106-151 firmware=N/A link=no multicast=yes

    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter


    I am at a total loss on how to make the darn thing enable. Any help would be appreciated as I have actually 5 various adapters that I need to get working.










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I am very new to linux and driver installations. I have an AmeriDroid USB adapter that uses the RT5572 chipset. I have 16.04 Ubuntu Minimal 3.10 32 bit installed on an Odroid XU4.



      This is what I am seeing when I perform the following lshw -C network command and then the following lsusb command:



      root@odroid:~# lshw -C network 
      *-network:0 DISABLED
      description: Ethernet interface
      physical id: 7
      bus info: usb@1:1.1
      logical name: wlan0
      serial: 70:f1:1c:05:26:aa
      capabilities: ethernet physical
      configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.10.106-151 firmware=N/A link=no multicast=yes

      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter


      I am at a total loss on how to make the darn thing enable. Any help would be appreciated as I have actually 5 various adapters that I need to get working.










      share|improve this question















      I am very new to linux and driver installations. I have an AmeriDroid USB adapter that uses the RT5572 chipset. I have 16.04 Ubuntu Minimal 3.10 32 bit installed on an Odroid XU4.



      This is what I am seeing when I perform the following lshw -C network command and then the following lsusb command:



      root@odroid:~# lshw -C network 
      *-network:0 DISABLED
      description: Ethernet interface
      physical id: 7
      bus info: usb@1:1.1
      logical name: wlan0
      serial: 70:f1:1c:05:26:aa
      capabilities: ethernet physical
      configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.10.106-151 firmware=N/A link=no multicast=yes

      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter


      I am at a total loss on how to make the darn thing enable. Any help would be appreciated as I have actually 5 various adapters that I need to get working.







      drivers usb ralink






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Feb 10 at 4:34









      Terrance

      17.5k23885




      17.5k23885










      asked Feb 10 at 4:25









      Slappy McPhee

      11




      11

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004750%2fralink-rt5572-network-adapter-ubuntu-16-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004750%2fralink-rt5572-network-adapter-ubuntu-16-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error