Java can't find cacerts

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
6
down vote

favorite
2












I've been trying to setup a java dev environment with no luck. I installed openjdk-8-jdk but I keep getting java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty (when running android's sdkmanager). I've tried updating the cacerts file with sudo update-ca-certificates --fresh
but no luck. /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts does indeed point to /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts but java still can't find the certificates?










share|improve this question





















  • So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
    – Vethor
    May 5 at 20:41















up vote
6
down vote

favorite
2












I've been trying to setup a java dev environment with no luck. I installed openjdk-8-jdk but I keep getting java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty (when running android's sdkmanager). I've tried updating the cacerts file with sudo update-ca-certificates --fresh
but no luck. /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts does indeed point to /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts but java still can't find the certificates?










share|improve this question





















  • So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
    – Vethor
    May 5 at 20:41













up vote
6
down vote

favorite
2









up vote
6
down vote

favorite
2






2





I've been trying to setup a java dev environment with no luck. I installed openjdk-8-jdk but I keep getting java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty (when running android's sdkmanager). I've tried updating the cacerts file with sudo update-ca-certificates --fresh
but no luck. /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts does indeed point to /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts but java still can't find the certificates?










share|improve this question













I've been trying to setup a java dev environment with no luck. I installed openjdk-8-jdk but I keep getting java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty (when running android's sdkmanager). I've tried updating the cacerts file with sudo update-ca-certificates --fresh
but no luck. /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts does indeed point to /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts but java still can't find the certificates?







java jdk openjdk ssl






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Feb 10 at 3:54









RedHatter

268316




268316











  • So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
    – Vethor
    May 5 at 20:41

















  • So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
    – Vethor
    May 5 at 20:41
















So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
– Vethor
May 5 at 20:41





So far I have tried to update the Cacerts and no luck either, sorry I can't help.
– Vethor
May 5 at 20:41











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













Run the following commands:



sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends ca-certificates-java

sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java


Worked for me.






share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004745%2fjava-cant-find-cacerts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote













    Run the following commands:



    sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends ca-certificates-java

    sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java


    Worked for me.






    share|improve this answer


























      up vote
      0
      down vote













      Run the following commands:



      sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends ca-certificates-java

      sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java


      Worked for me.






      share|improve this answer
























        up vote
        0
        down vote










        up vote
        0
        down vote









        Run the following commands:



        sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends ca-certificates-java

        sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java


        Worked for me.






        share|improve this answer














        Run the following commands:



        sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends ca-certificates-java

        sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-java


        Worked for me.







        share|improve this answer














        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer








        edited May 21 at 11:42









        Martin Thornton

        2,44441730




        2,44441730










        answered May 1 at 1:28









        Currie

        1




        1



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1004745%2fjava-cant-find-cacerts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error